Bad
Good

Highland Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2014
My daughter attends Highland. The teachers here is caring and is very concern with the students education. I love the school.

Highland Elementary School 3

Posted October 20, 2013
We just held our first walk-a-thon. The students had a blast and we raised some money - win, win.

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted March 04, 2013
I went to this school from k-6 and it was great. it has some really good teachers that actually care about their students and inspire them to think critically. The best part was the food!! greatest stuff ever made...I am a 3rd year college student now.

Highland Elementary School 5

Posted June 21, 2012
Highland is an amazing school where all students are encouraged to learn and are taught how to be the best that they can be. It's the community of teachers, parents children, and staff at Highland that make it a wonderful place.

Highland Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2009
I had my 2 kids at this school since Jan 2008 and we left for 2 months out of the country when we returned I asked for them to go to summer school and they couldn't I don't under stand how someone can miss that much school and still pass. My 1st grader hated the food because there isn't even a kitchen the food is brought in hot and given to the children it looks disgusting. Very little parent involvement and the only thing that is good is the secretary who is nice. Other than that I have not had a great experience at this school. nor have my kids.

Highland Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2006
I have been a teacher at Highland Elementary for over 6 years. The quality and dedication of the teachers, administrators and allied support staff are superb. Teachers are caring, creative and educated. There is an Afterschool program, a Sports for Kids program, and a garden project in the works. Parent involvement has been pretty low and this has been an issue for teachers.

Highland Elementary School 3

Posted January 05, 2005
Highland school has a preschool program that my child attended. I had mixed feelings about this school. The teacher told me she felt my child had needed special time with a speech therapist and made it seem serious, which made me anxious to resolve the indicated problem and i immediately signed the consent and returned it the very next day to the school. This was back in September and my child has yet to meet with this 'speech therapist' for and 'evaluation'. I find this to be a little troubling not only to me but to other parents who may have been approached with the same concern. I find the program to be a little disorganized and not very parent friendly. They do teach the children great songs to relate their lessons with etc. And as for acedemic programs the amount of writing my child does now is great!

Highland Elementary School
2829 Moyers Road, Richmond, CA  94806-2728
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.