Posted September 26, 2013
My school is a school that is underrated, its a good school and offers a lot of opportunities to those who want to take advantage of them. I like that its fitting to me as a student, even tho there are many students that are not looking to improve themselves on a scholar way, there are many that do want to become better and have a bright future and to those there are opportunities given to them which they could take to improve themselves. I think my school should improve by getting more learning supplies that other schools have, the students at Kennedy are sometimes disappointed by the mere fact that the materials we have are old and not up to date. for example we don't have wifi that is available for our teachers to use to improve our learning experience. I think it would be a great improvement if we had an update on the things we use daily for learning.

Posted November 20, 2010
Its been interesting reading these comments regarding Kennedy; particularly of interest was a students comments about what a great school Kennedy is; I wish he realized that his comments can't be taken seriously when uses words like "cuz" , "dat", etc. That type of grammar negates your positive comments about the quality of the school, teachers, etc. I'm an alumni of Kennedy -- class of 1973; currently living in Atlanta; I'm glad to see this site exists and allows "old dudes" like me the opportunity to keep abreast of what's happening with the school now. I sincerely hope today's JFK students have an idea of the wonderful legacy that Kennedy has; once upon a time it was one of the most racially diversed / balanced school in the schoold district; it was equally known for its academic achievements as much as for its athletic prowess (football, basketball, track & field, and swimming). David Dansky's forensics teams were among the elite debaters year in and year out. Graduates went on to schools like Cal, Stanford, UC Davis, and of course many of the Cal-State schools.

Posted July 28, 2010
I feel it's necessary to comment on what a reviewer said in his/her comments on April 25, 2008. The "teacher" said that Kennedy is "the worst school he's taught at. "If you send your kid there you're giving them a great disadvantage." This "teacher" mentioned that there were metal detectors at the school "so the admin must think it's safe." Well I have been teaching at K for more than 7 years and I can tell you that there have never been metal detectors. So I don't think this was a real teacher. I can tell you as a real teacher at K that our school does have a lot of challenges. We're in a very economically disadvantaged area. But students can succeed if they want to---some go on to 4 yr colleges and some don't. Either way, their success is determined by their own desire and effort.

Kennedy High School 0

Posted February 28, 2010
John F Kennedy High school is a dreadfully awful school. Sending your child to this high school is just giving them a ticket to a life of crime and community college. I can promise you a large percent of the students there will end up in a mcdonalds. I guess when you make friends at JFK you'll never lose those friends cause you know they'll be right next to you working in the back of a burger king.

Kennedy High School 0

Posted February 03, 2010
i was a student of jfk i graduated in 2007. o.m.g what can i say bout this school? this school was the boom i had so much fun i knew almost all the students that attended it there. i got along with teachers, staff, and students. teachers and staff only believe on discipline students. but , to have fun learning new things and to feel like you were at home. jfk was a fun,friendly and safe place to learn at. i just wish i was back in high school and attend there again..i loved that school so much that i ended working there as a caseworker helping students just like they help me when i was there. ther is nothing much else to say but JOHN F KENNEDY HIGH ALL THE WAY BABY!

Posted November 16, 2009
im a student in kennedy high school and it aint as bad as people say it is news, they just look at the bad stuff that happens and never tell what good goes on in this school. just a couple of people fights but no biggy, people here are smart and giftted. some teachers just misunderstand the students sometimes and are quick to judge the student badly. going here really aint bad-theres good kids, good teachers, good sport coaches. im a freshmen in high school this year and played football, and my coach always tells us that class and grades always come first. ps. our football team might not be good but we got heart and next year we coming back stronger and better.

Posted October 07, 2009

Posted June 01, 2009
I love my high school, although it has a few issues with student safety, like not having enogh site-supervisors , kennedy is a overall small community of students who all know each other and for the most part want to attend college

Kennedy High School 5

Posted October 06, 2008

Kennedy High School 1

Posted October 06, 2008

Kennedy High School
4300 Cutting Boulevard, Richmond, CA  94804
Last modified Kennedy High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kennedy High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top