Richmond, CA

Posted September 16, 2013
My daughter started in Kindergarten there last year and this year she is in first. I have been pleasantly surprised how much I like this school so far. Ms. Papps was her kindergarten teacher and I felt she was great! I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer in my daughters class at least once a week. I liked all the kids in her class. I wish the group could have stayed together, but that is my personal preferance. My daughter has Ms. Anderson for this year. She runs a tight ship which is good, but my daughter is sensitive and needs a little more warm and fuzzy, again that is my personal preference. Ms. Belle is personable which makes it easy to talk to her if you have a concern.

Posted September 10, 2013
My son transfered to Sheldon after 3 years in private school. The principle Mrs. Bell is wonderful she's committed to excellence. For 5th grade he had Ms. Barb who was able to engage and keep my son excited to learn. All smiles here very proud and happy mom of a sheldon Shark!

Posted September 23, 2009
My children enjoy being students at Sheldon. There's a lot of school spirit and the student body is very diverse. The school grounds are very nice and the test scores are high. The staff is dedicated & have been there a long time. We have a new pricipal who is very personable and seems to be fair with discipline, which has been an issue in the past. The parent group is active and the school is involved in the surrounding community.

Sheldon Elementary School 5

Posted January 02, 2008

Sheldon Elementary School 2

Posted April 13, 2007
- a former student

Sheldon Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2005
- a former student
This school currently under construction. Teachers are fair and of good character. Many parents took children out of this school last few years due to children not being disiplined well enough & fights in upper grade classrooms.

Posted June 10, 2005
Good school with a high level of parent involvement. The new buildings will helpin the Fall of 2005.

Sheldon Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2004
Sheldon is a very good school with experienced, caring teachers and a dedicated administrator. It is currently undergoing construction but the kids are in brand new portables very safely fenced off from the areas of construction. The kindergarten teachers are exceptional. It is a very community based school with great parent involvement and a diverse student body. Every student I know from Sheldon truly loves school.

Posted August 30, 2003
I have been involved with sheldon for a very long time(10+ yrs) over the years there have been a couple of unfavorable incidents involving either certain students or previous teachers, however, I feel that sheldon is a very good school. My children have had numerous excellent teachers and there is alot of parent involvement. The staff at sheldon are very personable and really care about their students, even after they have left sheldon.

Sheldon Elementary School
2601 May Road, Richmond, CA  94803
Last modified Sheldon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheldon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top