Bad
Good

Posted September 14, 2015
We had a FANTASTIC 2014-2015 year with Ms.Barb as our daughters TK teacher. She is the most patient, kind, loving, happy teacher have come accross in the WCCUSD! Our daughter is now in Kinder and we just love Sheldon! Can't wait to see what 2015/2016 brings us!

Posted June 05, 2015
Mrs. Barb has been an excellent introduction for my daughter's school experience. She was both motivating and thoughtful. Mrs. Barb fought and used her own resources to provide field trips which opened my daughter's eyes to a level of social interaction we found very rewarding. She taught social equity, modeled appropriate and respectful interaction and had excellent communication with my husband and I. My daughter felt empowered by her fashion show and commenting to reading. We honestly were not expecting such an educational class. This was not just about playtime. to I strongly recommend her classroom as the starting point. She has my daughter ahead of the game for kindergarten.

Posted May 28, 2015
Being a single father can be rough at times, but I have always felt blessed and extremely fortunate with having the best and most passionate teacher my son will probably ever have. I know she used to teach 5th grade, and on numerous occasions I have seen older students run to give Ms Barb a hug. Ms. Barb has set an example to myself and many other parents on being patient. She is always in high spirits and has dealt with children that can be difficult at times, (including my own at times haha).I have seen countless positive reviews on her when doing research on this school. So I had to share my great experiences with her. Thank you so much for everything Ms. Barb! I honestly wish I could keep you as a teacher for my son for all of his education levels haha. And of course my son loves you. Thank you again for EVERYTHING!

Posted September 16, 2013
My daughter started in Kindergarten there last year and this year she is in first. I have been pleasantly surprised how much I like this school so far. Ms. Papps was her kindergarten teacher and I felt she was great! I was lucky enough to be able to volunteer in my daughters class at least once a week. I liked all the kids in her class. I wish the group could have stayed together, but that is my personal preferance. My daughter has Ms. Anderson for this year. She runs a tight ship which is good, but my daughter is sensitive and needs a little more warm and fuzzy, again that is my personal preference. Ms. Belle is personable which makes it easy to talk to her if you have a concern.

Posted September 10, 2013
My son transfered to Sheldon after 3 years in private school. The principle Mrs. Bell is wonderful she's committed to excellence. For 5th grade he had Ms. Barb who was able to engage and keep my son excited to learn. All smiles here very proud and happy mom of a sheldon Shark!

Posted September 23, 2009
My children enjoy being students at Sheldon. There's a lot of school spirit and the student body is very diverse. The school grounds are very nice and the test scores are high. The staff is dedicated & have been there a long time. We have a new pricipal who is very personable and seems to be fair with discipline, which has been an issue in the past. The parent group is active and the school is involved in the surrounding community.

Sheldon Elementary School 3

Posted June 11, 2005
This school currently under construction. Teachers are fair and of good character. Many parents took children out of this school last few years due to children not being disiplined well enough & fights in upper grade classrooms.

Posted June 10, 2005
Good school with a high level of parent involvement. The new buildings will helpin the Fall of 2005.

Posted September 04, 2004
Sheldon is a very good school with experienced, caring teachers and a dedicated administrator. It is currently undergoing construction but the kids are in brand new portables very safely fenced off from the areas of construction. The kindergarten teachers are exceptional. It is a very community based school with great parent involvement and a diverse student body. Every student I know from Sheldon truly loves school.

Posted August 30, 2003
I have been involved with sheldon for a very long time(10+ yrs) over the years there have been a couple of unfavorable incidents involving either certain students or previous teachers, however, I feel that sheldon is a very good school. My children have had numerous excellent teachers and there is alot of parent involvement. The staff at sheldon are very personable and really care about their students, even after they have left sheldon.

Sheldon Elementary School
2601 May Road, Richmond, CA  94803-3196
Last modified Sheldon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.