Bad
Good

I am currently a student in Portola Middle School (Well, not anymore, actually.) and looking back at this school, I realized that Woodrow Wilson Elementary School has such nice and wonderful teachers that actually help you learn, unlike the teachers here at Portola. I enjoyed every year at Wilson, especially my second grade year. The kids at Wilson are all great and friendly, and there are only one or two troublemakers in a class. I really enjoyed attending this school.

I currently have two boys attending Wilson, one in the 5th grade and the other in Kindergarten. I really like the administration, the principle is a sweetheart. She s nice, friendly, and engaged with both the parents and the children. There have been instances where I am in the school grounds and she is out in the yard talking to the kids and greeting parents. When my son was having issues adjusting to his new school we had a meeting with the teacher and came up with a great solution that worked for all of us. I think that keeping in contact often with both the teacher and the principle makes a difference in the relationship with parents as well as with the behavior of the children. Overall I think the academics are good, the school needs some TLC but the administration has no control over the CA budget which controls the money to fix older school but my children don t seem to mind and I haven t noticed any negative effects on the kids not the administration.

Wilson has an above average sports program with soccer, basketball, track and field, little league baseball, nationally ranked cheerleading team and an award winning after school program. The after school director is hands and lives in the community. The effect he had on my son is immeasurable. I would recoomend this school to anyone based on the after school programn alone.

I am at de jean middle and the school helped me the best fifth grade teacher is ms. timm sh had showed us algebra and it helped all of her student's to get a's in school and there is never suspension at the school and it has a majority of every race

Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.