Bad
Good

Wilson Elementary School 5

Posted June 13, 2011
I am currently a student in Portola Middle School (Well, not anymore, actually.) and looking back at this school, I realized that Woodrow Wilson Elementary School has such nice and wonderful teachers that actually help you learn, unlike the teachers here at Portola. I enjoyed every year at Wilson, especially my second grade year. The kids at Wilson are all great and friendly, and there are only one or two troublemakers in a class. I really enjoyed attending this school.

Posted October 13, 2009
I currently have two boys attending Wilson, one in the 5th grade and the other in Kindergarten. I really like the administration, the principle is a sweetheart. She s nice, friendly, and engaged with both the parents and the children. There have been instances where I am in the school grounds and she is out in the yard talking to the kids and greeting parents. When my son was having issues adjusting to his new school we had a meeting with the teacher and came up with a great solution that worked for all of us. I think that keeping in contact often with both the teacher and the principle makes a difference in the relationship with parents as well as with the behavior of the children. Overall I think the academics are good, the school needs some TLC but the administration has no control over the CA budget which controls the money to fix older school but my children don t seem to mind and I haven t noticed any negative effects on the kids not the administration.

Posted January 28, 2009
Wilson has an above average sports program with soccer, basketball, track and field, little league baseball, nationally ranked cheerleading team and an award winning after school program. The after school director is hands and lives in the community. The effect he had on my son is immeasurable. I would recoomend this school to anyone based on the after school programn alone.

Wilson Elementary School 5

Posted January 06, 2008
I am at de jean middle and the school helped me the best fifth grade teacher is ms. timm sh had showed us algebra and it helped all of her student's to get a's in school and there is never suspension at the school and it has a majority of every race

Wilson Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2006
The school's new principal is just wonderful. Ms. Neely-Johnson has actually allowed to have a class for children with special needs and everyone is very supportive. The teacher for this class, Ms. Permalino is just a blessing for my son, Nicholas. She has helped him in ways that I could never repay. He is currently integrated with a regular class although if it is too much for him, he is allowed to return back to his home room with Ms. Permalino. I just wish they could fix the exterior of the school. Also, the PTA/PTG needs to be aware that the class does exist in this school.

Wilson Elementary School 1

Posted April 12, 2005
I'm a former student, now-a-parent my-second-child in-this-school. New principal Ms.Neely-Johnson, she is trying to do different things. Good-things. My child is hyper, a busy child but-not-bad last-year he was diagnosed with ADHD. My son can not control some of the things that goes on inside of him, but still you have the teachers and other staff who looks down on him because-of-his behavior. This problem I also had with my-other-child that attended Wilson, he-also has ADHD. The kids that needs the MOST help are looked down on, Out-of-sight out-of-MIND. I knew when my son was 2-yrs old that he would not survive at Wilson. Since attending, he's In-secure, because-of-this label he believes-he's bad. This school is in my neighborhood...

Wilson Elementary School 3

Posted November 03, 2004
A good administration, computer lab. Suffers from same whoes as other school in the district, but was recently qualified as a GATE school so the students tend to be bright and the teachers are very good, in general.

629 42nd Street, Richmond, CA  94805-1898
Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.