K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 19, 2012
I wouldn't send my kids to this school...The kids are mean and tease each other, they throw trash all over the place and are so noisy and disrespectful! Some of the teacher's aids can barely communicate in English. The police department has to get involved in the noise and trash problems. This is a Catholic school...so what are they teaching those kids? Not about the environment and basic respect.

Posted September 12, 2008
I have two children attending this and third on her way next year. I would not want them in any other school at this. The teachers, staff and Religius atmosphere are great. My children love their school.

Posted June 17, 2008
I am also very unhappy with St. Cornelious school. My child was bullied and teased constantly . I was very disappointed at the schools responce to this isssue . I will also be sending my child to another school next year !

Posted October 16, 2006
I really like this school, religion is a big part of my family and we want to keep it that way, there are areas that need improvement, such as extra curricular activities and more focus on other languages, it would be great to be able to have a program that encourages kids to learn more than the required academic program. I think that it would be wise to have an art and music program to develop other skills in our children. Parent involvement could be better.

Posted September 17, 2006
Coming to St. Cornelius School was the best thing my daughter ever did! She started in Middle school where the academic curriculum was strong, the teachers caring and involved with the students and the students welcoming and accepting. After school sports and various other activities kept her very busy in the afternoon. I highly recommend this school.

St. Cornelius Elementary School 5

Posted September 03, 2006
I think is a great school for my daughter to attend she have get lots of discipline and so far she been learning alot since she is going there, teachers and principal been so good and spend alot of time with kids also i belive they need sports and art/music classes also after school programs. I love the way kids are learning.

Posted March 22, 2006
I am a parent of a child who has attending this school since K and I have grown very unhappy with the school's academic program and the lack of communication between the teachers and parents, so much so that I am taking my daughter out of this school. I am very disappointed in the lack of leadership from the principal to the after school program. I would not recommend this school!

Posted September 06, 2005
As a parent of a St. Cornelius School student, I definitely believe that the quality of academic programs that my son receives is superior to the quality of programs provided by the public school district in our area. I would like to see more extracurricular activities (i.e. piano, violin, chorus, soccer, softball, drama, et cetera). In addition to the extracurricular activities, it would be nice for a second language to be a part of the core courses (i.e. French, Spanish, or other). The level of parent involvement is high but not necessarily evenly distributed, which I believe is the norm for most schools.

St. Cornelius Elementary School 3

Posted March 13, 2005
Its a good school, but lacks in diversity and control over the students. English is a subject in which they have to work in. Science is a subject that the 8th grade teacher is able to teach the students very well. The bad thing about this school is that they have no extra curricular activities that interest the students, and sports teams are not a big thing there.

St. Cornelius Elementary School
201 28th Street, Richmond, CA  94804
Last modified St. Cornelius Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8