Posted August 05, 2014
There will never be 100% satisfaction with every parent so I will speak from my past experience with other school districts, My child started 'K" at a school in Fairfield and was sent home early everyday. The teachers didn't have time to work with a child who needed something extra because they had 34 other students. When I enrolled my child at DH white, I braced for the worse. My child NEVER got sent home. My child had 4's all year long ( which is considered 80-100% proficient) The teacher was very honest with me and told me what my child needed to work on, but it wasn't academics! My child is now going into second grade and is reading at a 4th grade level. The teacher took the time to realize my child needed harder work and books sent home. The school had a new principal start last year and from what I hear, he's better then the last. The classes have about 23 students which is a lot better than 35. Im scoring this school a 5. I don't think a bad relationship between a parent and teacher speaks about the school as a hole. Unfortunately, this school doesn't have an afterschool program which would be great in a little city with no childcare BUT provide FREE bussing services.

Posted January 24, 2014
This school is terrible, and I find it interesting that my previous review was deleted from this site. I'm not gonna go through the whole thing again, but I will say the bottom line is if you want your child to have a good education DO NOT send them here... I will say that the only good teacher they had was Mr. Wright but he no longer works there.

Posted September 11, 2012
This School didn't do anything to help my Daughter in her education at all. All the teachers would say is that she is a pleasant to have in classand that she there is nothing she needs help with. She went there for kindergarten to 2nd grade. When we moved we found out she was way behind and has a learning disability. If you want your kids to get a great education look into other schools for it. This school will not give it to your children! I am only giving it 1 star because it wont let me leave it empty.

Posted August 09, 2010
I do not understand how this school has a 6 out of 10 rating. The teacher my child had for 2009-2010 was terrible. I am really hoping this year will be better.

Posted March 12, 2010

Posted October 06, 2009
DH White has incredible teachers!!!!

Posted October 05, 2009
D.H. White school has the best teachers, staff and parent involement.

Posted August 06, 2008
We are now going on to our second year at this school and we are looking forward to it. My daughter loves it here and I am finding myself glowing with pride when I talk about D.H White. The are a lot of things that this school needs to do to become a bit more modern but funds are hard to come by. We are going to be getting new computers this year thanks to the fundraising by the PTC. I am a stay at home mom for now so I have more time then others so I volunteer as much as I can. I joined the Parent Teacher Club and I love the feel of knowing more about the goings on at school. The staff are wonderful people and they work very hard for our kids. I wish we had better parent involvement but at every event I saw the same few parents. This is a public school after all so parents need to help out when ever and where ever they can. I am going to be happy to be sending my youngest to this school as well. I'm going to be at this school for a long time. Hope to see you here.

Posted July 12, 2008

D. H. White Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2008
My child is in Kindergarten at this school and would be lucky to have any one of the kindergarten teachers here. They are all fabulous, energetic, and attentive to the kids. They make themselves easily accessible to the parents. The school is typical of a small town in that the staff knows all the students and a lot of the parents and families, but I come from a big city and I think this is wonderful! It makes me confident in knowing that my child and my requests will not be ignored and lost in the system. The office staff is great and the PTA group is dedicated and welcoming to all parents that are interested in helping in any way they can. I work full time and have still been able to find a way to be involved.

D. H. White Elementary School
500 Elm Way, Rio Vista, CA  94571
Last modified D. H. White Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D. H. White Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top