K-4|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My older son attended RMA for 6 years until he aged out at 4th grade. He was reading fluently at age 4, exhibited exceptional problem-solving skills at a young age, could explain complexities a normal 5 year old probably wouldn't care to learn about. They let the kids learn at their own pace. Yes, there are tests, quizzes and homework. But no one was held back to keep a classroom average. Everyone we know is impressed at how advanced he was. But to us, it was more than the academics. We loved that the curriculum also focused on making sure the kids acquired noncognitive skills-- like helping other kids with their homework, standing in line patiently with their hands behind their back, learning that it's important to stay in the circle during rug time. These may sound simple, but I appreciate that my son got the personal attention and the basic skills he needed to succeed later on. Now, he is in 6th grade in a public school. He is testing above average, has no problems keeping up with the curriculum or doing homework without being told, his Accelerated Reading scores are great. I'm not saying the school is perfect, because nothing is. I honestly believe that couple with the great teachers at RMA and being involved with the school every step along the way helped my son succeed and get the most he could from the Montessori.

This place is terrible! My son cried everyday I took him there. He is a very active child and instead of accommodating him they would just punish him, which as we all know makes an active kid worse! The preschool portion of the school has so many kids I don't even know how they keep track, and then they take them all outside to play in an area so small half the kids are just standing around. On tuition day you are hounded as soon as you walk in making you feel like the only thing that matters is money. When I enrolled my son part of the process was to take him to the doctor and have him sign off on the health waiver saying he's had all his shots and is healthy enough to be around other children, they give you a 2 week grace period to do so. I forgot about the paper all together and apparently so did they my son was there a little over a month without anybody ever asking me for it! How dangerous for these kids! When I told them he was done there they basically said "Good" and told me he belongs somewhere else, if that were the case they should have told me as soon as they felt that way. My poor 3 year old was in a place he was unwanted but because they are money hungry they never said anything! This is a family run school, the Daughter is alright (barely) her father you can't understand a word he says. I tell everybody I know to run for the hills when they mention this school!

The staff is extremely dedicated, caring and devoted to the children's education. My child comes home having learned something new every day! Can't say enough good things about the education they provide and the extra activities (for extra cost) that they provide swimming, dance, music...I recommend it without reservations.

Amazing Curriculum Instruction especially strong in the areas of reading instruction and mathematical concepts. Strong, yet supportive discipline procedures. Fostering of different creative outlets such as art, dance, and language. Students are also exposed to different types of extracurricular activities such as swimming, computers. They are taught problem solving skills, cultural awareness, and are strongly encouraged to be self motivated. There is also a lot of assessment of the children, a lot of small group and one on one instruction. I went there myself and loved it. My daughter now attends...I am extremely happy with her progress.

Last modified Riverside Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-4