Posted September 11, 2013
Lake Mathews is a great school.they have great teachers and have a amazing principle. I have one child going to six grade their and one is in hight school. I'm very happy that my children went to such and amazing school. Submitted by a parent

Posted September 10, 2013
This site is a substitute teacher's best friend! The students are wonderful, the lesson plans are very clear and the teachers are extremely supportive.

Posted August 09, 2013
I love this school! My child has been here for 5 years now and although I wasn't completely satisfied with all the teachers throughout the years, overall it's a SAFE and CLEAN environment for the children to learn and excel in. Their is a lot of parent involvement which always helps schools improve and the staff and principle really care about all the kids. The playground supervision could be improved with more staff avail to watch the kids, the bathrooms could be cleaned better, and their could be more shade for hot days, but other than that the school is great. My only other complaint is their reward system. A lot of kids earn achievement rewards year after year, while other kids never get even one reward for their efforts over the years. The field-trips, fundraiser s, and shows the PTA puts on are a lot of fun for the kids. Overall, a good place to send your kid to school.

Posted January 03, 2013
I was torn about which school to send my son for his first year of kindergarden. After sitting down in an impromptu meeting with the principal our minds were easily made. The communication between staff, principal, teachers and parents is great. We all are very happy with lake mathews elementary.

Posted February 03, 2011
This school does have GREAT test scores. I have seen a teacher not agree with a state mandated test question and give it correct with out it being correct. This school is like a Public Military. Kids are not allowed to talk during lunch time. Although all the employees claim the kids can talk during lunch if you ask any kid they will say no and if they do they will be benched. They can't play tag or chase during recess because someone may scrape a knee or bump heads. My daughter gets her behavior clip moved down if she wants to go to the restroom. Kindergarten kids have to go sit on the lunch benches and wait till the bell rings.

Posted September 08, 2010
Lake Mathews is a great school. I have 3 children that attended the school for the past 5 years & still do.Trhough the years I encountered many teachers . I was very happy with most of them. Once in a while I wasn't very excited about a particular teacher's methods but overall the school is doing great. The API has been going up about 10 to 15 points every year. One of my children scored a perfect 600 on CST math test twice in a row. That child is going to middle school now and didn't score that well last year which upset me. I am very happy with the principal. One of the most devoted principal I have seen.

Posted October 23, 2009

Posted August 12, 2008
Lake Mathews is a great school. Many of the negative comments are coming from parents that are more than likely not present at the PTA meetings to voice their opinions for improvement. My children previously attended private schools and the work is just as challenging. The kids will be more involved, when the parent is involved (volunteering and field trip participation). May I suggest a Chorus program. Go Bobcats!

Posted April 03, 2008

Posted October 03, 2007
Transferred from Harrison Elementary which, while less culturally diverse is a much better school. Our teacher is lazy, giving only about 3 homework sheets per week and my normally advanced child is falling behind. Lack of playground supervisors puts recess at jeopardy daily. Very disappointed.

Lake Mathews Elementary School
12252 Blackburn Road, Riverside, CA  92503
Last modified Lake Mathews Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Mathews Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top