Ysmael Villegas Middle School 3

Posted June 08, 2014
My school is Ismael Villegas Middle School. My son will be entering 7th grade(this will be His first year here). I have come to the office in an attempt to enroll him register him. Each time I have been told something different,ranging from they have many challenging programs for advanced learners,so if our son is having difficulties it would be better that we not enroll him. We were unable to make an appointment with his school counselor since he is not enrolled(although the office had no other visitors). Now we have been told that we can't enroll him until late summer! It seems to me that registering him as soon as possible. We need to have a meeting with the counselor to discuss placement, and I would think it is benefit to have his transcripts,etc!

Ysmael Villegas Middle School 4

Posted March 16, 2014
The school is great. Lately, though, my son has been getting too much homework and projects from some of his teachers. Other than that the school is amazing and so are the counselors. Most of the teachers are interactive with the students and the change to common core has been difficult work, but it will make my child as successful as people from around the world.

Posted February 22, 2014
there is like 25 fights a day at least help me i hate it here worst scool ever i get beaten up almost everyday i got stabed with sharpend sticks if u live in riverside and r going to middle school go to arizona less figts everyone gets beat up not just me dosent matter who u r ppl do drugs and smoke there to

Ysmael Villegas Middle School 5

Posted July 27, 2013
I love villegas! I first attended this school in 2009 and now my little brother is attending. Im actually glad he is attending villegas because they have some of the nicest teachers and they dont look at you like if you're stupid if you ask them a question or need help. I definitely recommend for your child to go here

Ysmael Villegas Middle School 5

Posted November 06, 2012
The principal at YVMS is amazing, and her staff obviously respect her and follow her good examples. She is very professional, and most of her teachers are as well. Wherever you go, you'll find good and bad teachers, and Villegas is no exception. However, the good ones FAR exceed the bad ones. Previous reviews have mentioned poor communication on the school's part - that couldn't be further from the truth. Parents have access to their student's grade and missing assignment lists 24/7 via the Internet. They send home "Wednesday mailbags", monthly event calendars, recorded messages to our phones, and assignment sheets to be signed nightly. It's time we as parents stop blaming the teachers for our kids' poor choices....my children have excelled at Villegas and most of their teachers have been fantastic. If your child gets a poor teacher, that's life. Deal with it graciously for 9 months and move on.

Posted December 13, 2011
PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR KIDS GO THERE... PLEASE!!!!! I feared for my childs life.. Being bullied and beaten..

Ysmael Villegas Middle School 4

Posted November 05, 2011
How can any parent from Villegas say that he or she is uninformed? There are progress reports sent home every three weeks. They are mailed home every six weeks. The grades and missing assignments are available to look at for every class online at any time! Parents...my child attends this school, make your child take responsibility for his or her failing grades, as the child is the one failing or not doing the work. Villegas has been a great school for my child.

Posted November 02, 2011
Ismael Villegas is a terrible school! I attended this school district from 5th till 12th grade and was very happy with it, and when my kids started going to Alvord schools I was very happy.....Until junior high, my son was a smart easy going kid that did very well in elementary always student of the month and even received the presidents award leaving elementary. But when he entered junior high and Villegas everything changed. He went from good grades to D's and F's and I didn't even get a call from any of his teachers or counselor. When I called the counselor to get missing assignment lists from each of his teachers he only gave me one teacher and that wasn't even a complete list it was only the cover letter of a fax. Pathetic! I blame the teachers and counselors most definitely because my son is now in the Corona Norco district because we moved and from Ds and Fs he's got Straight A's across the board. The teachers are more involved and they let the kids know what they can make up or not but they will not let them fail or go below a C average. Villegas has to change something quick.

Posted October 26, 2011
I am extremely disappointed with the caliber of this school from an experiential, academic, and operational perspective. In all my years of schooling (I have a Ph.D.) I have never once had a teacher lose my assignments but with respect to my daughter's teachers at this school they lose assignments at a regular frequency and the student is penalized for their mishandling. Add to this the sad fact that my daughter has had 3-4 science teachers this year, each of which has failed to assign science projects to the students, and you have only a microcosm of the disaster this school has become. Ysmail Villegas has got to be rolling in his grave knowing that his fine name is bismirched and associated with such poor quality. Don't send your kids here if you want them to be competative in high school and college.

Ysmael Villegas Middle School 3

Posted October 26, 2011
Villegas like any other school works just fine. Parents are too quick to blame the teachers or the administration for their own children's failure. It's about time parents take responsibility for their own children's progress and will to learn and grow academically. I've had one child going through and 2 more currently in Villegas. ALL 3 have achieved 3.5-4.0 GPA average. If someone think there is a lack of communication, maybe it only feels that way because s/he is unwilling to listen or truly communicate with Villegas staff. The administration as well as the teachers are very open and friendly when approached with the right attitude. I'm not saying I like every teacher there. Like every other parent there are a couple teachers I wish I didn't have to deal with. But all in all my children never complained and always loved each and everyone of their teachers which to me comes as a total surprise. Finally my son just entered high school and he's keeping his beautiful 3.8 GPA so far. So if you are looking into middle schools for your own child, I strongly recommend Villegas. It is a good school where both students and staff work hard toward a bright future. Signed: a satisfied parent

Ysmael Villegas Middle School
3754 Harvill Lane, Riverside, CA  92503
Last modified Ysmael Villegas Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ysmael Villegas Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top