Posted September 01, 2014
Just a thought. Recently, the newly formed Aardvark Booster Club sent home a letter at the student orientation and a list of "officers" in this club. This letter is requesting $100.00 from each family for the student play area. Here's the questions: 1. Who decided that this school needed a booster club? 2. Since none of the parents from the school knew about an election for officers in this club and no body voted for these people, who appointed them or did they appoint themselves? 3. Where are the written by law's or rules for this group? 4. Why, with us parents paying the amount of tuition that we pay, are being asked to pay more for a playground that is being put together by the janitor at the school. It was my understanding when my child started at this school that parent participation is nit welcomed. So, whats with the booster club?

Posted July 15, 2014
Upon enrolling my boys into the school I had low expectations based on the reviews but I needed a school that would accommodate my boys in math and English. They are at 3-4th grade level in math in Kumon and other outside tutorials. To my delight, Hawarden Hills met my rigorous academic standards but more importantly I learned that a supportive, caring, and encouraging environment is of utmost importance. The staff, teachers, and students were so caring that I am sad to have to move. If you are looking for a school that will meet your academic needs and will encourage them to explore new things this is the school for you.

Posted May 30, 2014
Hawarden Hills is notorious for promoting students who have not earned it. There have been students this year who have failed miserably, but yet they are still being promoted and allowed to participate in activities they did not earn, alongside the students that have worked hard to obtain these achievements. That is not fair to the students who have worked hard all year. Its ridiculous and should be frowned upon. I guess this to be expected from a school who has parents of students teaching, and a principal who is so loony that students are actually scared of her. Professionalism is low. Education is low. Complete waste of time and money.

Posted February 08, 2014
This school is for the dogs. I had an appointment for a tour of the school with my son, we were greeted by his would be teacher and a half a dozen dogs running loose down the halls ! No leash, kids chasing them and yelling ,not to mention the dogs in the office barking and the staff just talking over them like this was the norm.I asked if this was share a dog day or something and she just laughed and said they were just really spoiled. Well I proceeded with the tour which eventually ended at a less then desirable all dirt playground. Come on even dog parks have grass. Needless to say this schools seemed a bit too chaotic and overrun with dogs!

Hawarden Hills Academy 4

Posted December 29, 2013
My son attended HHA second through fifth grades. The best part about HHA is that they instill academic discipline in their students. For example, if a student does not do his or her homework, he or she receives a consequence that day. Students learn to be consistent. That was helpful for my son who has very good work habits now that he is in eighth grade, attending a public magnet school. One other review commented on the gaps in the math program. I would agree with that comment. We had a problem when he changed schools, but it was resolved. As with most schools, there are variations, and that was true at HHA. However, the administration does do a good job keeping the curriculum consistent. True, this school is not for everyone, and at times HHA may be too conventional, but certainly at the lower grades, they do an excellent job instilling a positive work ethic into the students who attend. In addition, the student body is diverse, and they do not tolerate inappropriate behavior for very long. There is, unfortunately, a bit of favoritism that does go on there. It did not bother me because I am not political. I wanted my son to develop good study habits and he did.

Hawarden Hills Academy 4

Posted October 02, 2013
Those parents who try to compare private with public need to STOP not a valid comparison. I find it funny how some parents take that long to figure out that HHA was not for them and then send messages trying to discourage others from attending. Yet, you have us public educators who have chosen to keep our kids at HHA. We see and understand both systems. FYI Ca has gone away with STAR testing and the idea of having kids in Algebra has also changed. I guess someone figured out that the push to have all 8th graders in Algebra by 8th grade was not happening. Algebra is very complex and at this developmental stage students struggle with this subject. Although, I'm sure there will be a few students in 8th grade in Algebra the push will be in high school which makes so much sense. One other thing, we are beginning a Common Core system but many districts are due for new adoptions in LA and or MATH until I believe 2017! So here we go again. HHA has a sense of family, kids are happy, kids are kids even in 8th grade.YES, you have parents who are teachers and have their kids at HHA or have graduates from HHA that says A LOT! Who counts yearbook pics? Middle school at HHA is amazing and safe!

Hawarden Hills Academy 3

Posted September 18, 2013
We took our youngest out and put them into A public school They were running a 3.8 at Hawarden now there barly able to maintain a 3.0. HHA gave quantity of home work not quality and they don't have ceritfied teachers that know what & how to teach, just moms playing teachers, but there are a couple of teachers that are good there. But the mid school programm is not good now,are kid had so many holes in the math sec. Then there's the grammar dept ect list goes on for middle school. Glad we pulled him out of 6 wish I of done it sooner, our friend kept theirs in the small 8th grade class of six people, & She had excellent grades to, High school has not been as easy as she thought. But this school does work for some people though. I would like to know what the actual percetage of these urban perfesional parents have there kids actaully go to college. By the way when you count all the kids in the 2013 book including preK their is less than 300 kids so that number they came up with is actually from around 07 or 08 they have been losing kids ever year since. There not being honest. Guess they have to pump up themselves alittle.They need to change there mid school & update it.

Posted September 12, 2013
So sorry it took 6-8 years for someone to discover that Hawarden was not for them.Our experience at Hawarden Hills has been very rewarding. We have two children who attended Hawarden kindergarten to eight grade. Our oldest daughter recently graduated from high school will attend her school of choice UCR did extremely well in high school taking honors and AP classes. Our other daughter just graduated from Hawarden. We are confident she will also do well. I would say if your looking for a good private school Hawarden is exceptional. I believe Hawarden s track record speaks for itself. Having a good foundation is very important. The school has a history of students that have excelled and went on to higher learning becoming doctors, lawyers, engineers ect. Our family attended an honor awards ceremony for our oldest daughter. She and all of her classmates who also attended Hawarden received multiple honor awards and all of them were on the honor roll for maintaining a GPA of 3.6-4.0 while attending Poly High. They all started at Hawarden Hills in kindergarten or first grade. They all also received the good citizen award.Hawarden was one of the best investments our family ever made

Posted June 13, 2013
What an appropriate title "Great School", indeed. My child graduated this year from Hawarden with a Great Start in life. Forget the first five, we got the first eight. Besides the awesome caring first rate staff, academic and social skills obtained, my child truly learned to meaning of leadership. And to never cave in to peer pressure, be honest and never follow some idiot out there selling snake oil! "Priceless". Oh, you can tell your child these principals, but mine got the opportunity to live/witness it. Great Choice!

Posted May 24, 2013
HHA is the second happiest place on Earth, just behind Disneyland. I had the honor of being educated at HHA from grades 3rd through 8th. I enjoyed this school so much, I rarely missed a day during the time I was there. I feel the education I received at HHA was so solid, there isn't any academic challenge I can't conquer. There was a genuine partnership between my parents and my teachers. This is one of the most unique private schools in Riverside. The Step Mod program accommodates individual learning abilities and academic levels. Geography day introduced me to many different countries and cultures. Performing at the winter programs and giving oral reports gave me the confidence to find my voice, and the debates taught me how to use it. I go back and volunteer every chance I get. HHA is place to learn, grow, and flourish. Thanks to HHA, I've blossomed, and will head off to college in the fall. I feel truly blessed to have had the "Aardvark" experience. God Bless, Gia J.

Hawarden Hills Academy
6696 Via Vista Drive, Riverside, CA  92506
Last modified Hawarden Hills Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Hawarden Hills Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 104 reviews.