K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The principal has different levels of discipline for the students. If a child or the family are not to her liking she will do everything possible to make the child look like a troublemaker. Have a child sit in the office floor as punishment along with her five dogs it is humiliating, degrading, and difficult to witness.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The president of the booster club's child is a bully. He physically assaults other kids and is just verbally cruel to others. No one seems to care and they just turn a blinds eye to his antics. He's untouchable.

Having been at this school for 6 years now, it would be a shame for anyone reviewing this school to base their decision on a few negative comments. This school has shown continued improvement towards academic excellence and has some of the most caring teachers around. I feel my children are getting the best academic preparation for future education and WILL be prepared when they enter into High School and College. The STEP MOD program as well as the many other programs the school offers allows the children to continue to be academically stimulated throughout the day. The outside school planned trips are just an added bonus to this amazing school. Look no further.. this is THE BEST school for K-8 in Riverside...

I would love to thank the amazing middle school teachers and parents who volunteered to be part of this trip, they took time away from their own life's to give the HHA students memories that will last a life time! Chaos, as the previous parent put it, REALLY! parents were given packing list and some of the luggages seemed larger than the ones taken to Washington! I'm sure that wasn't expected. Regardless, the teachers found a solution and all turned out great! It's to my understanding that the middle school teachers have been the ones that have pushed to get trips going for HHA students. Again, the kids came back with great experiences and memories and instead of finding minor things to complain about be thankful to those who made this happen for your child! Everyone has the right to their own opinion but its easy to criticize and make unprofessional comments when you hide behind a computer! Thank you teachers, you both are AMAZING and greatly appreciated!

Dropped off the kids this morning for their field trip to Catalina, what chaos! Why did we gave to have the luggage at school on Friday? We were told the luggage was going to be already sent to the camp; we just needed to show up at 5:15 am get the kids on the bus. Part of the luggage was placed on the bus while the rest were thrown in the back of cars and trucks to be transported to the boat. Who organized this mess? I can see why the schools closing. The enrollment might be 200 currently, and the staff is forced to work with less. They've condensed classes and books are out of date and falling apart. Children are breaking the "new" equipment on the playground while the staff turns the other way. Ms Lenny should call it a day and retire.

Who saw the stupid email sent out by the administration, stating how the purchase of the winter program tickets would take place? And of course, let's have the booster club run it! Well, I guess we all know who has the first 10 picks for tickets. If you really want to make thud fair, it should be done by lottery. The names of all the families gets put in a hat and they are drawn, by a neutral third party. Instead, this is once again turning into a game of favoritism.

In regards to the booster club...Perhaps concerned parents should try asking those questions to school officials rather than blasting parents who are donating time and effort to improve our school. It's really easy to sit back, pass judgement, and write anonymous reviews in public forums--instead let's try asking educated questions to the appropriate audience. Schools don't want to do everything alone. They embrace supportive parents who strive to make kids academic experiences better. The only issue with our booster club is the lack of support from more parents. I get it-I'm busy too, but it's hypocritical to sit back and criticize when we haven't done anything to help. I'm going to attend a meeting and offer to help. If we work together than we can create a better school for our kids.

Upon enrolling my boys into the school I had low expectations based on the reviews but I needed a school that would accommodate my boys in math and English. They are at 3-4th grade level in math in Kumon and other outside tutorials. To my delight, Hawarden Hills met my rigorous academic standards but more importantly I learned that a supportive, caring, and encouraging environment is of utmost importance. The staff, teachers, and students were so caring that I am sad to have to move. If you are looking for a school that will meet your academic needs and will encourage them to explore new things this is the school for you.

Hawarden Hills is notorious for promoting students who have not earned it. There have been students this year who have failed miserably, but yet they are still being promoted and allowed to participate in activities they did not earn, alongside the students that have worked hard to obtain these achievements. That is not fair to the students who have worked hard all year. Its ridiculous and should be frowned upon. I guess this to be expected from a school who has parents of students teaching, and a principal who is so loony that students are actually scared of her. Professionalism is low. Education is low. Complete waste of time and money.

This school is for the dogs. I had an appointment for a tour of the school with my son, we were greeted by his would be teacher and a half a dozen dogs running loose down the halls ! No leash, kids chasing them and yelling ,not to mention the dogs in the office barking and the staff just talking over them like this was the norm.I asked if this was share a dog day or something and she just laughed and said they were just really spoiled. Well I proceeded with the tour which eventually ended at a less then desirable all dirt playground. Come on even dog parks have grass. Needless to say this schools seemed a bit too chaotic and overrun with dogs!

Last modified Hawarden Hills Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8