Riverside, CA

Posted May 07, 2013
My children currently attend St. Thomas and I can't say enough positive things about the school. The staff is so welcoming and loving to students and parents. I drive 20 minutes so my children get the quality education they do at St. Thomas. There are other private schools closer to me, but as soon as I walked into St. Thomas I felt like I was home

Posted October 08, 2012
I am a parent of three St. Thomas graduates and a teacher at St. Thomas School. I cannot say enough about the school, its faculty/staff and the wonderful families who are a part of our community. Like in many small communities, things get miscommunicated and misunderstood and unfortunately parents second guess their decisions. Parents need to choose a school that is a good fit for their children and themselves and then work with the teachers in providing the best education possible. Parents are the primary educators of their children and St. Thomas School supports this 100%. Our Schoolwide Learning Expectations are truly lived in and beyond our school. Our students become Faith-filled Catholics, Life-Long Learners, Effective Communicators and Responsible Students ready to face challenges that may lie ahead. Our school philosophy and mission statements are the driving force to providing our students with a solid spiritual and academic curriculum that educates the whole child. All three of my children graduated from universities and are successful adults in their fields. It is without any doubt that St. Thomas School laid a foundation that led to their success.

Posted August 07, 2012
My son attended St.Thomas School for Kinder 2011-2012. It all started out great. Mrs. Ryerson was amazing with our son. We were very happy with every aspect of the school. But once she left it all went downhill. Communication was terrible and we were offered no support for him and his needs. If your child fits into their mold then I am sure this would be a great school for them but I would think twice otherwise. When he interviewed they were fully aware of him and his needs. We were assured that it would not be an issue. But it turned out to not be true when it came down to it. The school constantly pushes boosting enrollment.They talk about the decrease in enrollment at Catholic Schools. After this year I can understand why this is such an issue. They don't care about helping children succeed they care more about tution and their scrip and fundraising requirements. We are moving to a better fit for our son. We feel very blessed that all the flaws of the school came to light this year and he did contiue on without the proper school support.

Posted February 03, 2012
My two daughters currently attend St Thomas school and I thank God they do. The teachers, staff and Administration are second to none. They enforce family values; Catholic morals, quality education, student safety and the Administration are quick to address issues with students. My daughters Love the school. They Love their teachers, teachers aids and the different school functions throughout the year. We are pleasewd to welcome St Thomas into our family . Thank You St Thomas, Mrs Thompson and facility.

Posted September 23, 2011
Three of my children attended this school and no longer do ONLY because we were no longer able to afford it... They are now in public school and they always tell me they wish they could have stayed at St. Thomas school! Personally, I was very happy with the quality of education and the environment my children were being taught in. Mrs. Thompson helped our family very much in trying to find scholarship donors so that my daughters could stay. I disagree with the click thing; I never considered myself part of any parent "click" , I mean come on, this isn't High School! I was open to being friends with any parent and had no problem with other parents being friendly with me. St. Thomas School is like a family and in EVERY family you're gonna have disagreements but in the end it takes being open, understanding and being part of the solution to be happy in the end. It's all about the kids and St. Thomas school listens to our needs!

Posted February 25, 2011
I agree that if you are a part of the "click" then it is a great school. But if you are not part of the "click" then the school is horrible. Parents are allowed to bully other parents. And kids are allowed to bully other kids. And the school does nothing about it.

Posted August 11, 2009

Posted February 06, 2009

St. Thomas The Apostle School
9136 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, CA  92503
(951) 689-1981
Last modified St. Thomas The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Thomas The Apostle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top