K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I can't speak for all teachers, but it seems like there's some pretty disgruntled people working at this school. Aside from everything I've already mentioned about Hasty, one other teacher randomly mentioned that my child's shoe laces were an inappropriate color - three times. Not my child's teacher, not the Vice Principal, not even the Principal, but some random teacher. Worry about your own students and leave my kid alone.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My child had homework almost every night, which is more than I'd expect a 4th grader to have. If classroom education was more effective, daily homework wouldn't be a necessity.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Fairness? Integrity? Not at this school. Unless this school thinks that targeting a child/family and putting them through aggravation is a sign of integrity and fairness...

My children attended this school, and none of them speak favorably of their experiences here.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

As a whole, the teachers appeared sincere and hardworking, but few of them make a favorable impression as educators, especially when school-parent communications are rife with errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework seemed to be a rarity, and what is given is often trivial. Reading never seemed to be age/grade level appropriate, either.

My children currently attend St. Thomas and I can't say enough positive things about the school. The staff is so welcoming and loving to students and parents. I drive 20 minutes so my children get the quality education they do at St. Thomas. There are other private schools closer to me, but as soon as I walked into St. Thomas I felt like I was home

I am a parent of three St. Thomas graduates and a teacher at St. Thomas School. I cannot say enough about the school, its faculty/staff and the wonderful families who are a part of our community. Like in many small communities, things get miscommunicated and misunderstood and unfortunately parents second guess their decisions. Parents need to choose a school that is a good fit for their children and themselves and then work with the teachers in providing the best education possible. Parents are the primary educators of their children and St. Thomas School supports this 100%. Our Schoolwide Learning Expectations are truly lived in and beyond our school. Our students become Faith-filled Catholics, Life-Long Learners, Effective Communicators and Responsible Students ready to face challenges that may lie ahead. Our school philosophy and mission statements are the driving force to providing our students with a solid spiritual and academic curriculum that educates the whole child. All three of my children graduated from universities and are successful adults in their fields. It is without any doubt that St. Thomas School laid a foundation that led to their success.

My son attended St.Thomas School for Kinder 2011-2012. It all started out great. Mrs. Ryerson was amazing with our son. We were very happy with every aspect of the school. But once she left it all went downhill. Communication was terrible and we were offered no support for him and his needs. If your child fits into their mold then I am sure this would be a great school for them but I would think twice otherwise. When he interviewed they were fully aware of him and his needs. We were assured that it would not be an issue. But it turned out to not be true when it came down to it. The school constantly pushes boosting enrollment.They talk about the decrease in enrollment at Catholic Schools. After this year I can understand why this is such an issue. They don't care about helping children succeed they care more about tution and their scrip and fundraising requirements. We are moving to a better fit for our son. We feel very blessed that all the flaws of the school came to light this year and he did contiue on without the proper school support.

My two daughters currently attend St Thomas school and I thank God they do. The teachers, staff and Administration are second to none. They enforce family values; Catholic morals, quality education, student safety and the Administration are quick to address issues with students. My daughters Love the school. They Love their teachers, teachers aids and the different school functions throughout the year. We are pleasewd to welcome St Thomas into our family . Thank You St Thomas, Mrs Thompson and facility.

Last modified St. Thomas The Apostle School is a Private school that serves grades K-8