No rating

Bethel Christian Schools

Private | K-12 | 185 students

We are best known for Individualized academics.

Living in Riverside

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $187,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

School Official Point of View

Posted July 8, 2011

We're so pleased with the kind words that our parents have given to us and we consider their feedback to be most important. We understand that we cannot please everyone all of the time although we welcome criticism if it can help us better serve our students. The facts about our academics are that 100% of our elementary students and over 80% of our upper grade students, including transfers from public schools, perform at or above grade level in standardized achievement tests, compared to about 50% in public schools, and every high school senior who has applied to a 4-year college in the last 3 years has been accepted and also awarded grants. Also, three of our high school sports teams went to CIF playoffs in the 2010-2011 school year. We are currently re-vamping elementary sports teams to bring them to this same level of athletic excellence.

Posted May 21, 2014

I love bethel Christian school my daughter has been going there since preschool and is now going into third grade I can honestly say the staff there has loved my child and protected her ... I thank God for bethel ... im enrolling my son into preschool this year with complete confidence he'll have the same love and attention my daughter had...

Posted October 2, 2012

My children come first to the staff, and that has never been more evident than now. My kids are happy and excelling. Most importantly, I know my kids are safe. I love the staff and the other students. Its a real family environment. My kids feel loved, and that's most important to me.

Posted August 30, 2011

This is a new school year, and already there seems to be problems. My daughter has been going to this school for 4 years and this seems to be the worse beginning, I would not advise any parent to send their children to this school, so many students have left and some are attending public school. Currently making plans to go on tours of other Christian Schools. Thought that they would have a library by now, and a better athletic, and academic program. Pray about this school before you consider it, very , very small now.

Posted June 3, 2011

What a great school year! My son has grown and developed so much in all academic areas! I am so fortunate to have the skilled staff and teachers at Bethel to guide him through this school year. My son was previously enrolled in a speech therapy class prior to coming to Bethel, and I was concerned how he would progress through the school year, but I am amazed at his progress and the patience and guidance he receives from Bethel. We have particpated in so many great school activities, such as dance, field trips, and cheering on our sports teams to CIF! The Parents in Partnership helps to keep us involved in all school activites. We look forward to another great year!

Posted March 18, 2011

My daughter is now in high school and has attended Bethel since Kindergarten. As she puts it, "This is her second home where she is loved and cared for." The administration,teachers and staff are all God loving people whose first priority are the kids. The new administration has made some wonderful changes this year that has made a significant change in the atmosphere on campus & you can see the change with the kids.They have made it their mission to help not just the students but the parents also. They care so much that they have made a way for tuition to be cut for the next school year. I know as a parent I appreciate they understand and care how hard times are right now and want to make it easier for me to give my child a wonderful, safe and loving environment for her education. Their sports program is growing and with just being back in the CIF league since last year our high school baseball went undefeated, high school softball was 2nd in the league and this year the high school girls basketball went to the 2nd round of playoffs. This just a few of the wonderful things our kids have accomplished. If you want a safe and loving school for your children I highly recommend Bethel.

Posted March 17, 2011

After reviewing several private and public schools, we made the decision for my son, entering Kindergarten, to attend Bethel. It was the best decision we ever made! The teachers and administration are experts, exceeding my expectation in my son's learning process. The students themselves are amazing in their support of their school and peers, which shows the good values instilled in them over the years and the pride they take in their school. We look forward to participating in their great sports program, which has earned them several honors over the years. My son currently participates in Bethel's dance program, which has also earned several honors. Bethel even lowered their tuition for the 2011/2012 school year! What an amazing gesture to accommodate families! I'm so proud of my son and this school is a true blessing!

Posted March 11, 2011

I have a one student currently enrolled in Bethel Christian School, and have been there for 6+ years, I would not recommend this school at all, it is to family oriented, so much that some of the students are treated un fairly, currently looking for another school for my student to attend, not worth the $$. no library,lunches suck,sports are 2nd hand, charges parent for any little thing, think twice before putting your child in this school...

Posted March 11, 2011

All 3 of my children have attended Bethel since pre-school. They all love school and look forward to going everyday. My oldest is a senior nad has received what I consider to be an excellent education with the opportunities to excel in other areas like dance and sports. The new administration is really making some changes for the better and I cannot wait to see what the future has in store. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted March 11, 2011

My 3 children have attended Bethel since pre-school and they have received the best education I could ask for. Not only is the curriculum great but the spiritual guidance and teaching they receive are priceless. The sports and dance programs are top notch and teach the kids a sense of worth and value to a team. This school offers kids the opportunity to excel and be successful. I recommend every parent put their child in this school if they truly care about their future.

Posted March 9, 2011

I've sent 5 of my children through Bethel and I couldn't have made a better choice. I am familiar with many of the other fine schools in Riverside and Bethel rates at the very top. The teachers are caring and the administration has always helped me with any of my needs or questions in a caring yet timely manner. I will, without hesitation, continue to recommend Bethel Christian School as one of the finest schools in Riverside.

Posted March 9, 2011

I transfered by 12 year old to Bethel when he was earning Ds and Cs in public school. He had always been a honor oll student until junior high. Now he is graduating with a GPA of 3.93 and has lots of colleges from which to choose. Bethel's individual help and caring, comcerned teachers made this possible. Now my other 3 children are there as well and thriving. I love this school and can't praise the church and school enough for the dedication they show not just to my child but to all of the others too.

Posted March 9, 2011

I don't normally write reviews but couldn't hold back my excitement. My oldest child had a tough transition to high school and because of the wonderful staff and extra attention from the teachers he is now a B student. There have been some exciting changes at the school this year. I can't wait to see how much better it is next year.

Posted March 8, 2011

I am a grandparent of two student's who attend Bethel Christian Center.. Our academic program is excellent .The staff is very friendly & competent. Teachers care about my grand children spirit, soul & body. Teacher to student ratio is perfect.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 28, 2011

We have 2 children attending Bethel. (4th and 7th grades) The teachers are very involved with all aspects of their education. The curriculum is strong. The administration always makes us feel that we are a big part of the school.

Posted February 26, 2011

My kids have attended BCS since preschool. They have always had a positive experience with helpful teachers and score very high on their Stanford tests as well as enjoying dance and sports. We recommend the school very highly!

Posted September 13, 2010

My child has attended BCS since the 1st grade (she's now in the 4th grade). The teachers here are excellent and really care about student achievement. Parents are also able to sign up for a nutritious hot lunch program for the children (my daughter actually eats her lunch!). I wish that the school would update and actually use the interactive website that was set up to allow parents/students to get additional information. And I would like to see them regularly offer music classes and more extracurricular activities for younger children. But overall I'm very happy would the school and would recommend it to others.

Posted October 16, 2009

My child is enrolled in Bethel and I am looking for a different school. The school is badly mismanaged. The comunication is awful. I would suggest not wasting time or money at this school. It has been a horrible experience.

Posted February 25, 2009

I am a Bethel alumni who used to make fun of being in this small school where you knew everyone(and their biz) and never learned anything from nobody teachers. Well, after graduating, compared to most people I've encountered in college and 'the real world' I've learned quite a bit as have other alumni I graduated with. And though the students at Bethel won't always be the most perfect angels ever, the Gospel never falls far from your ears--and I've come back to serve the Lord, the church, and the school because of the Message that was instilled into me by my parents first, but also the vision the pastors and board had for the school. Go to Bethel to learn!

Posted September 2, 2008

Both of my children have attended Bethel from preschool through 6th and 10th grades. The teachers and faculty are wonderful and care for the students deeply. The curriculum is very good, and both of my children test far beyond their grade level. My children love it, and I wouldn't put them anywhere else.

Posted May 30, 2008

I have two children at this school (4th and 1st). They are both getting straight A's. The standford test scores shows my children's learning at a higher grade level. The teachers are great and they love teaching and being with the kids. I love how the school has PE, music, a student play at the end of each year, and fun field trips. I feel that my children are very safe. The yard supervisors keep a close eye on the children and ID is always checked if someone else is picking up my child.

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation University of California Riverside
Cal State Fullerton
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Dutch
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Community college courses
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • Summer college prep programs
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Dr. Michael Crites
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone

• Creative writing
  • Dance
  • Drama

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

Apply now

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
University of California Riverside
Cal State Fullerton
College preparation / awareness offered
Community college courses
Summer college prep programs
Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges
College presentations or information sessions
SAT/ACT prep classes