Arizona Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
This school has no reviews from 2009-20012 and only 1 in 2013. There are great reviews from 2008 and before. These reviews are definately outdated. This school provides students with limited (if any) opportunities for extra curricular activities. Cheerleaders, soccer team, and any other sport at this school is only based on who you know and does not give all students equal opportunity to join a sport. In the past, school is undoubtedly the best place for children to be involved in sports. This school does not promote that. You can only be a part of the sports team or activities, if you know someone who is doing the picking and choosing. The college promotion program (AVID) at Arizona Middle School is not for everyone to join. In fact they interview your student and then send a letter whether you are accepted into the program or rejected in being college bound. My daughter took the initiative and wanted to be a part of this program. After 1 interview with 1 person, she received a letter of rejection. So, basically there are no activities that your child can be apart of unless they interview and are approved by the interviewer. This leaves a student with no opportunities to improve.

Posted June 06, 2013
Middle school is difficult. Not everyone gets along, but staff tries their best to stop and prevent bullying. The teachers are fun and most know what they're doing. Arizona isn't the nicest looking school but many students, staff, and parents try and keep it clean. It's fifty years old, it shouldn't look brand new and perfect. Overall, Arizona Middle School gives students a good education and makes things fun. I loved my three years at Arizona and I will miss it when I go to Hillcrest.

Arizona Middle School 0

Posted June 30, 2009
This School Is amazing! I love it(:'

Posted June 11, 2009

Posted June 25, 2008
my son goes to Arizona Middle School and he gets a very good education and the teachers are great

Posted May 22, 2008
My son and two nieces currently attend Arizona Middle School. The staff is great and the activities are good for the students. The after school program is awesome. Test scores are comparable. Our sports program is awesome and growing. I recommend this school to anyone. My son is a honors student and is going to La Sierra next year in the AP program.

Arizona Middle School 1

Posted November 01, 2007

Posted October 04, 2007
I'm currently attending Arizona Middle School, receiving straight-As, and participating in several of the clubs offered by my school. I think very highly of my school (and coming from a student, that should mean a lot), but if I were to congratulate it in one aspect, I would have to say that whoever interviewed and chose the staff members (the principal, I would assume) did an excellent job. Every teacher I've ever had at this school has put extra effort into making it easy for me to learn. Almost all of the teachers are strict when it comes to enforcing rules and making sure we learn the concepts yet very cool and upbeat. Students actually enjoy classes, but the teachers make to discipline us as well. Also, the counselours are always kind and ready to be helpful. Overall, I am proud to call myself a soon-to-be alumni of this school.

Posted August 20, 2007

Posted March 29, 2007
- a former student
There are both good and bad things at this school. The mathematics department is having trouble for a reason; the school has a lot of new teachers. Some positive aspects include Pentathlon (the signature club), AVID (from which it became a model school), and a friendly atmosphere. Arizona may also be very old- but will get a new two-story building in fall 2007; in addition, the district is expecting a new gym for it in the future. Test scores have risen dramatically over the years. If people would just give it a chance, then it would be just as good as any wealthy middle school in places like Irvine or Poway.

Arizona Middle School
11045 Arizona Avenue, Riverside, CA  92503
Last modified Arizona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arizona Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top