Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This year my daughter started 6th grade at Arizona. I was hesitant because I know the school was having issue. Last year my sister dealt with the principle and vice principle not taking care of issues. They act like they don't care. This year new principal. So far he is amazing. Trying to get more activities going and he is really interacting with the kids. My daughters teachers are helping her. She's struggled and her teachers this year are taking the time to help. The only thing that needs work on at this school is the parking, I wish they had someone watching it cause people don't know how to drive.

My son started Arizona the beginning of his 6th grade year 2013-2014. Right away he started getting bullied. I went into the office to speak to the school principal Traci J. Vaughan. She brushed it off like no big deal and she would be contacting me the next day. Sadly I'm still waiting on that phone call 1 1/2 later. She did absolutely nothing! Her staff said she had gone on vacation for a week. She didn't even let Her staff know about the incident. When I spoke to the vice principal he had no clue about what was going on! The bullying has continued over and over, time after time I have walked into the office to speak to the principle and when she's not out on vaction, she's unavailable. My son is now in 7th grade and the bullying has only gotten worse! He comes home beat up. He has new bruises on him daily and a bloody lip. He gets kicked down to the floor and punched in the face and pushed into the mud. This school has major issues! I've been kicked out of the office by the principle and she's said she never wants to speak to me again! She's told me I am overreacting and I am an unprofessional person. She said my son and I are a problem to her!

This school has no reviews from 2009-20012 and only 1 in 2013. There are great reviews from 2008 and before. These reviews are definately outdated. This school provides students with limited (if any) opportunities for extra curricular activities. Cheerleaders, soccer team, and any other sport at this school is only based on who you know and does not give all students equal opportunity to join a sport. In the past, school is undoubtedly the best place for children to be involved in sports. This school does not promote that. You can only be a part of the sports team or activities, if you know someone who is doing the picking and choosing. The college promotion program (AVID) at Arizona Middle School is not for everyone to join. In fact they interview your student and then send a letter whether you are accepted into the program or rejected in being college bound. My daughter took the initiative and wanted to be a part of this program. After 1 interview with 1 person, she received a letter of rejection. So, basically there are no activities that your child can be apart of unless they interview and are approved by the interviewer. This leaves a student with no opportunities to improve.

Middle school is difficult. Not everyone gets along, but staff tries their best to stop and prevent bullying. The teachers are fun and most know what they're doing. Arizona isn't the nicest looking school but many students, staff, and parents try and keep it clean. It's fifty years old, it shouldn't look brand new and perfect. Overall, Arizona Middle School gives students a good education and makes things fun. I loved my three years at Arizona and I will miss it when I go to Hillcrest.

This School Is amazing! I love it(:'

my son goes to Arizona Middle School and he gets a very good education and the teachers are great

My son and two nieces currently attend Arizona Middle School. The staff is great and the activities are good for the students. The after school program is awesome. Test scores are comparable. Our sports program is awesome and growing. I recommend this school to anyone. My son is a honors student and is going to La Sierra next year in the AP program.

I'm currently attending Arizona Middle School, receiving straight-As, and participating in several of the clubs offered by my school. I think very highly of my school (and coming from a student, that should mean a lot), but if I were to congratulate it in one aspect, I would have to say that whoever interviewed and chose the staff members (the principal, I would assume) did an excellent job. Every teacher I've ever had at this school has put extra effort into making it easy for me to learn. Almost all of the teachers are strict when it comes to enforcing rules and making sure we learn the concepts yet very cool and upbeat. Students actually enjoy classes, but the teachers make to discipline us as well. Also, the counselours are always kind and ready to be helpful. Overall, I am proud to call myself a soon-to-be alumni of this school.

There are both good and bad things at this school. The mathematics department is having trouble for a reason; the school has a lot of new teachers. Some positive aspects include Pentathlon (the signature club), AVID (from which it became a model school), and a friendly atmosphere. Arizona may also be very old- but will get a new two-story building in fall 2007; in addition, the district is expecting a new gym for it in the future. Test scores have risen dramatically over the years. If people would just give it a chance, then it would be just as good as any wealthy middle school in places like Irvine or Poway.

Arizona seems to be a well structured atmosphere for our impressionable children. I am impressed with the teachers and counselor. I see my daughter has developed a more responsible attitude. Hats off to the teachers!

Last modified Arizona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.