Riverside, CA

Collett Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2015
As a student intern and former student I felt bullied by the teacher I had to work with. I knew more about working with special needs kids than she did and i felt she was very unprofessional. My work with the students was superior and I love what I do, but she just doesnt see potential talent. I had to move to another room where I thrived!. Because of my second positive experience I am now thriving teaching special needs high school students. The principal also was very intimidating and she seemed to have little patience for people. Student interns beware, not a pleasant work enviornment to be in.

Posted April 26, 2012
This is a great school with really great teachers. Both my daughters are doing great here.Neither of them want to miss a single day of class The teachers are very involved and care about the students. All that the teachers need is a little help from parents at home. "Help your kids,help your kids teachers and help yourself on the long run"

Collett Elementary School 2

Posted February 15, 2012
Although Collett might be satisfactory or above average school for the parents who have kids that are struggling, it is an awful school for students that are advanced. Teachers are spending all of their time helping the overwhelming majority of students who are behind, that they inevitably neglect the others who are above-grade level. As a teacher myself, I understand the constraints, but as a parent, I find it unacceptable for my own child. My beliefs are reinforced by the fact that Collett is now a Program Improvement school. As a teacher, equality in education for my students is my priority, but as a parent, my only priority is ensuring my child's well-being and academic success. The parent in me wins, my child is going to a better school next year.

Posted May 20, 2011
Both of my sons have attended Collett my oldest went from K-5th grade now a 7th grader and my youngest is in 4th grade My 17 yr old niece also attended Collett from K-5. I absolutly love this school and would recommend it to anyone. Both of my children have had some struggles with reading and comprehension the Teachers have always gone above to help my children succeed. I believe at any other school they may have been over looked.

Posted April 15, 2011
Collett has proven to be an excellent school. I am not only a staff member I am also a parent. I chose to move my children to Collett after I began working there because the staff on campus really do care about the success of each and every student. My eldest child was failing miserably at her former school (also in Alvord). I brought her to Collett and not only did she work through her troubled spots, She excelled! Her CST's went from needing improvement to advanced in one school year. I have had the pleasure of working with all of Collett teachers and know the difficulties they are faced with. We have had many changes in administration, teaching staff, and multiple budget cuts. And yet, Collett continues to be THE school of choice for parents in the Alvord School District. As one parent pointed out in an earlier review Students thrive far greater when their parent volunteers in the classroom. Please consider helping out in your childs classroom, see what the teacher is trying to accomplish on such a short leash with no money, very little time, over crowded classrooms, and a multitude of discipline issues before forming any opinions. I promise you will be surprised. Collett ROCKS!

Posted December 20, 2010
My daughter was in this school last two years.Unfortunetly we had to move to a another city.I think this is a great school.Especially her kindergarten teacher Mrs: Orr and first grade teacher Ms:youson are great teachers.She missed them so much.

Collett Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2010
I felt very disappointed after attending Back to School night. I expected that the principal would welcome the parents and show a little more enthusiasm to see such a large turnout. Instead of greeting everyone at the multi-purpose room, which is where all the parents initially gathered, he opted for making an announcement over the speaker. I saw this action as a demonstration of lack of interest in the parents.

Collett Elementary School

Posted January 07, 2008
My daughter currently attends Kindergarten at Collett and has thrived in the environment her teacher has created. I believe the key to her progress is her teacher. Although I believe it is too soon to know how she will perform in the coming years, I am enthusiastic so far!

Posted November 09, 2007
My son attended Collett for a short time but during that time he thrived in his K class. I was able to be part of the classroom whenever I had time to and saw how much he was learning. The No Excuses Univeristy program was a wonderful way to show a strive for college from the very begining and my Kindergardner wants to go to college because of it. I loved the parent involvement as well as the open door policy of many teachers there. This school is #1 on my list.

Collett Elementary School 3

Posted August 30, 2007
Let me start by saying the kinder teacher is great! Although I soon realized the cafeteria staff were yelling at children during lunbch time and not helping the kider kids opening lunch as they should be, a few of the parents complained and it should be under control. Every day I ask my child if they were screaming or yelling he says no, also ask if they are helping the kids he says yes. Props to the assistant principal for hearing the parents concerns! Parent's really need to get more involved in school and importantly support the PTA.

Collett Elementary School
10850 Collett Avenue, Riverside, CA  92505
Last modified Collett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Collett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top