Bad
Good

my student has been attending the school since 6th grade and is now going to be an 8th grader.She loves it and i love it. teachers are great, staff is always willing to help. I completely recommend this school.

this school is amazing!! led by one of Alvords BEST Principals. Dr. Kemp is thoughtful and receptive to parents and students. my daughter Sami started in 6th grade and I was satisfied with how it was run but knew it could be better. 7th grade showed some minor improvement but once Dr. Kemp took over that school became FABULOUS. as an involved mother I was always treated with respect by the entire staff, her teachers were great and I loved how communication between parents and school was never an issue. this school would get more than 5 stars if that rating was possible!!

Awesome school. Great staff and well run. They care about your child here and try to help you.

I suppose I'm a bit biased towards this school because my entire childhood points back to here. If you're searching for outstanding academics then you're not in the right spot, I'll admit. But my most valued friendships and memories were formed here and that's something that I hold dear. In any school there is going to be petty drama and things alike, that's just life. But the people here, though not the most well-off and in poor families, are very accepting and relatable people. They understand hardships and struggle that most people don't. I love this school, with all my heart I do. And it's sad that I couldn't appreciate it until I was torn away from it. I would definitely recommend this school.

Horrible school! Office staff is very unfriendly and principal is sneaky and underhanded. She will tell you one thing to your face and do the complete opposite. I would not recommend this school!!!

This school is decent as long as your child is not on an IEP. Parents be warned, if your child is on an IEP for anything other than academic issues, i.e. behavioral or emotional, DO NOT send your kid here if you have a choice. The teachers are not trained to deal with kids that don't need special ed classes. The way they deal with kids with IEP's sets them up to fail. Then they wait until they are already failing to want to meet with you. It's not fair to children on IEP's to have to learn how to deal with people and different situations in life when the teachers commissioned to teach them have not taken the time to learn how to deal with the children they work with. The communication at that school is worthless.

I am so impressed with the principal of this school. She takes immediate action and solves a students problem 'now' and 'not later'. My grandson struggled with math and after the principal suggesting and 'doing' he came home from his new math class and was so excited he could not stop talking about what he had learned in just the first class. He was almost depressed with math until this point, felt defeated and did not know his math. I wish the principal could have seen and heard him when he came home school on Monday.....it was exciting even for a Grandparent! Thank You Principal! Your sure doing your job!

This school is the nicest school I had seen a child go to but I do fear not that sanitary. Over all this is a wonderful school for children to attend!!=)

Last modified Loma Vista Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.