Riverside, CA

Valley View Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2010
my daughter goes here and struggle she is 'left behind' instead of helped when she asks questions her teacher gets eaisly frustrated with her and i feel that both the teacher and principal discurage my involvment my daughter will not be attending next year

Valley View Elementary School 4

Posted December 30, 2008
PTA had done great things so far this year. We are not done yet

Posted September 03, 2007
Everyone works very hard at Valley View Elementary. The school is safe and I do not worry about strangers on campus. My daughter is happy and is learning a lot. Additionally, there is a lot for parents to get involved in if they wish to. Lines of communication are there and I have always felt as though teachers were approachable and cooperative. I read a few of the reviews, and I just don't see the problems that two of the parents spoke of. The office staff will drop everything to assist a parent. The principal works hard evey day, both behind the scenes and in the spotlight. Yes, the test scores are a concern, but that does not take away from the dedication of the entire staff. Fellow Parents, please reconize the difference between getting what you want and what your students need. Sometimes (or oftentimes) it is not the same thing!

Valley View Elementary School 4

Posted June 01, 2007
I love this school. I am impressed with the dedication that the principal shows on a daily basis. Yes there are some teachers that need to go, but that's a part of life, some people are bad at their jobs.

Posted April 23, 2007
My child is in her fifth successful year at this school. She has special needs, and was bounced around from school to school within the district (4 total by age six) before being welcomed into the mainstream at Valley View. Everyone on the campus has collaborated in helping her toward her goal to reach her potential as a valuable contributing member of society. All of her teachers are well trained, experienced, and 100% dedicated to helping all their students learn and thrive. Each one has gone far beyond the call of duty for my daughter and for their other students. Sports both before and after school, choir and extracurricular activities five days a week after school. Several types of tutoring are available for students who need it. The principal and teachers are always happy to communicate with parents. Also, the school is very safe and strict on safety, violence, and bullies.

Posted April 02, 2007
The teachers at Valley View are some of the most dedicated and educated around. As for parent involvement, I would like to personally invite you to attend a PTA meeting or join the Student Site Council. You could read for a few minutes with the Kinders or help the school Librairan re-catalouge the books. You could attend one of many other events such a Bookfair, and Family Fun Days. We have an up and coming Teacher Appreciation week in May and a Volunteer Appreciation Brunch in April. Field day is also around the corner and we always need help with that. There is lots of ways for parents to be involved, I am.

Valley View Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2007
My children have been at Valley View for almost four years.I myself am not impressed with this school. I think most of the staff only care about there paycheck and have lost there love for teaching or maybe never had it. This school also discourages parent involvement. The principle could be more professional and yes test scores are very low at this school.My children and I look forward to this being there last year.

Valley View Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2004
My two just started this school. We had alot of trouble with the office on enrolling my children cause of their lack of knowledge in the office. Also they are behind in below the state requirements. I had a hard time getting them to let me get involved with the class. Not much in letting parents help. I'm not happy with this school so far. They lack 'Parents Help', and lack of notes going home to inform parents of things going on in the school. Maybe my childrens other school was just very advanced and inform us better. This is just my Opinion. Good Luck!

Valley View Elementary School
11750 Gramercy Place, Riverside, CA  92505
Last modified Valley View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valley View Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top