Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Tamara Rounds did an aweome job this year of teaching CCSS and teaching organizational strategies to my daughter. She really prepared her fo middle school.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 23, 2016
Teachers work in small goups to reteach or provide intervetnion to struggling students. When i ahve ahd the opportun ity to obseve different teachers they use bell to bell teaching and appear to teach the standards, not fluff.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 23, 2016
Students read nightly and pactice math to reinforce the daily lesson. Out of 7 years we only experinced a little bit of "busy worK".

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2016
Teachers promote open communication if there are any issues among the students. They use restorative justice for when students nake poor decisions.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 23, 2016
Every teacher does soemthing different. My daughter's teacher has students discuss it and write about it.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 23, 2016
The school teaches John Wooden's Pyramid of Success and acknowledges students monthly who show these attributes.

Alcott Elementary School 5

Posted May 23, 2016
The school offers arts and enrichment activities. Academically there is rigor and the school has high expectations for all learners.

Alcott Elementary School 5

Posted December 16, 2015
I like Alcott its a great school with good helpful PTA I recommend to anyone.

Alcott Elementary School 1

Posted June 11, 2014
I write this on the last day of the 13-14 school year. This will be hard to articulate, but here goes. On MANY evenings I was surprised to hear the stories related to me by my son regarding his day. Things that were said by both Administration down to teachers. Every year hoping, maybe this teacher will be different only to be disappointed again. My biggest issue is the culture of complete unprofessional behavior with no regard or even a slight care that their words could and may get back to a parent. Students singled out at assemblies and in class inappropriately. (No boss could ever get away with this treatment) But we allow our children to be subjected to it. Yes, what I was told by my son was reported to the Principal. In return my student was met with retaliation from the teacher. Just what you want, a child afraid to tell his parents what is going on at school because what happens next to him is worse by his teacher or administration for being a whistle blower. The few teachers he had at Alcott seemed burned out and no longer enjoy their career. I hear a new Principal is coming. Let's see if it makes a difference. Parents here are very apathetic as well.

Alcott Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2013
My son attended Alcott for first grade seven years ago, so this review is not a reflection on the current administration. However, one should always watch out for their child. My son, who is now in middle school and the only recent middle school student to go to the State Science Fair two years in a row in RUSD, was blocked from being placed in the GATE program at Alcott by the district because he scored 97% instead of 98%. Instead, Alcott administration, against his first-grade teacher's recommendations, was placed in a level two ESL (English as a Second Language) class for second grade. They said he was placed there to "balance" classes. After my son told me he could not talk to any of the students because they only talked to each other in Spanish, I took him out of Alcott. The secretaries were very rude when I left. They were so petty. They took out the class photo from the school pictures, leaving just the individual photos. I did not say anything because I figured it was so immature that it was beneath me to say anything. I was never rude or anything. I simply wanted my son properly placed in classes that met his needs.

2433 Central Avenue, Riverside, CA  92506-3408
Last modified Alcott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.