Riverside, CA

Alcott Elementary School 1

Posted June 11, 2014
I write this on the last day of the 13-14 school year. This will be hard to articulate, but here goes. On MANY evenings I was surprised to hear the stories related to me by my son regarding his day. Things that were said by both Administration down to teachers. Every year hoping, maybe this teacher will be different only to be disappointed again. My biggest issue is the culture of complete unprofessional behavior with no regard or even a slight care that their words could and may get back to a parent. Students singled out at assemblies and in class inappropriately. (No boss could ever get away with this treatment) But we allow our children to be subjected to it. Yes, what I was told by my son was reported to the Principal. In return my student was met with retaliation from the teacher. Just what you want, a child afraid to tell his parents what is going on at school because what happens next to him is worse by his teacher or administration for being a whistle blower. The few teachers he had at Alcott seemed burned out and no longer enjoy their career. I hear a new Principal is coming. Let's see if it makes a difference. Parents here are very apathetic as well.

Alcott Elementary School 1

Posted December 29, 2013
My son attended Alcott for first grade seven years ago, so this review is not a reflection on the current administration. However, one should always watch out for their child. My son, who is now in middle school and the only recent middle school student to go to the State Science Fair two years in a row in RUSD, was blocked from being placed in the GATE program at Alcott by the district because he scored 97% instead of 98%. Instead, Alcott administration, against his first-grade teacher's recommendations, was placed in a level two ESL (English as a Second Language) class for second grade. They said he was placed there to "balance" classes. After my son told me he could not talk to any of the students because they only talked to each other in Spanish, I took him out of Alcott. The secretaries were very rude when I left. They were so petty. They took out the class photo from the school pictures, leaving just the individual photos. I did not say anything because I figured it was so immature that it was beneath me to say anything. I was never rude or anything. I simply wanted my son properly placed in classes that met his needs.

Posted October 22, 2013
My son is in second grade now this has been a wonderful school since he first started kinder. A very organized , happy, friendly school, great teachers , wonderful principle .

Posted September 10, 2013
Alcott is a warm and nurturing environment for our children to succeed. It is a school were art and science are fostered. Our principle, Mrs. Dahl greets all the children by first name. All teachers and staff treat everyone with integrity and respect.We are not just any school, we are family. Alcott Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 10, 2013
Alcott is a wonderful school with a very caring principal and great teaching staff. My children are thriving!!

Posted September 09, 2013
Alcott is an outstanding school. The teachers and principal are excellent and dedicated to each student's success.

Posted August 02, 2013
Alcott Elementary is a great school for children to learn and thrive. Alcott focuses on academics and art enrichment for their students, allowing them to learn and be creative. The administration and teachers have the students best interest as their first priority and I wouldn't have my children attend any other school in the area.

Posted June 13, 2010
Mrs. Bauer- 1st grade teacher is the best! Our son really took off in reading under her guidance. Thank you Mrs. Bauer!

Alcott Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
Alcott is a school where all students and staff are valued for their ability, uniqueness,and risk taking. All are encouraged to strive to do their best and expectations are set so all students soar to their highest potential.

Alcott Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
Alcott has great teachers and the best principal and vice-principal ever!

Alcott Elementary School
2433 Central Avenue, Riverside, CA  92506
Last modified Alcott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alcott Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top