Emerson Elementary School 3

Posted July 14, 2014
My son started Kindergarten at Emerson for the 2013-2014 school year. Prior to the start of the school year I never received any information I had to go online and find out when school started.On the first day of school I met with his teacher and talked to her about her plans/curriculum for the school year and she answered all my questions and seemed to be very nice and enthusiastic about the start of the year. My son was a transitional kindergarten student and after the first week she made sure I knew he was. Anything that happened she blamed it on his age but in actuality it was because of her. She was very intimidating her actions and her tone were. When we went to back to school night everything she had to say in reference to the TK students was just so negative like she wasn't gonna do her best to teach our children the necessary information that they need to know to move on to the next grade. Well I was very pleased when my child was switched to Mrs.Sykes kindergarten class where he was taught the necessary information, excelled like I knew he would received multiple awards and is now moving on to the first grade.Thank you Mrs.Sykes!The office staff is very nice and friendly.

Emerson Elementary School 3

Posted November 11, 2011
I transferred my children to Emerson from their home school Highland over the summer not knowing the principle was going to change, but at the time when Mr. Mc Combs was there everything was great, staff was very friendly, the custodian I have have to say does an AWESOME job, always cleaning, never once have I seen him sit down, hes great.. Well come the 11-12 school year we get Mr. Bouton, whose great as well, but boy does he have some major changes for that school, he also is VERY much more stern which I totally believe is rubbing off on the staff, now they are not as friendly, they can give a whooo about your concerns.. The teachers overall, I have a 4th grader whose teacher can seem somewhat careless at times, I also have twins that are in the same class, Teacher Mrs. Moreno, Boy I didn't even know that lady could talk, well at least to me she hasn't yet.. I know there are some great teachers at Emerson but I guess you just have to get lucky an get one.. One thing they DIFFIDENTLY NEED IS A CROSSING-GUARD, I can't begin to count how many kids I have seen almost get hit by cars/buses, RUSD we have to remember THINK SAFETY FIRST for these students....

Emerson Elementary School 2

Posted October 13, 2011
If you have any ability to attend another school please do. There are a few..and I mean only a few teachers that are skilled enough to teach at Emerson, the principal needs to be more aware of his teachers skills. There are huge safety concerns, beware of your children on the playground, there has been several serious injuries to children while at this school, do a quick news search. Terrible test scores and the children barely learn. If I had it to do all over again My children would had never attended, we are now playing catch up at their new school due to the lack academics at Emerson. Due to safety concerns and lack of academics any good parent would go elsewhere. Since this is a title 1 school you should be able to transfer...I would recommend it!

Emerson Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2011
What kind of school is this.??? How can such a great school have bad API scores so many years in a row. Shouldn't parents want the best education for their kids? If all California schools have to meet the state requirements and they get the same material to teach the kid, why should some schools fail while others do well. I feel bad for the teachers who actually give a dame about making a difference because they are classified with those who have bad attitudes. If a teacher cannot control their own behavior, then how can they teach your child?? Wake up, parents!!!

Emerson Elementary School 5

Posted November 27, 2009

Posted September 06, 2009
we have enjoyed the past 5 yrs at Emerson My kids have had Wonderful teachers that were very dedicated to their students. Mrs Folger, Mrs Sykes, Mrs Gonzalez, Mrs Herrera , Ms Nieto and Ms Turner just a few of the many teachers that make a difference in the lives of their students. My kids have loved working in the garden and eating the fruits and vegetables they helped cultivate at the salad bar at lunch. My 5th grader last year was in the Music class and was proud to perform with the band at the end of the year. The Principal and the kind office staff all know my kids by name and always have a friendly word. I have been impressed by the School choir's performances at assemblies. My son is looking forward to 6th grade Science camp and is actively fund raising. Thank you Emerson Staff!

Posted August 21, 2009
My family has been at Emerson for three years. We've had great teachers and have always been able to contact them with concerns. The teachers we had have gone above and beyond for their students. Regarding some previous posts: If your not happy get involved parents make a difference. Voluteer in the classroom or playgound. As a working mom I ask if there is anything I can do at home to help with preping materials; I'll also call every couple of weeks to make contac w/the teacher. Realize teachers are human too. Goto PTA meetings, usually there are only a handful of parents that show up on a regular basis. Never had a problem with the principle when I needed to discuss an issue w/him. Office staff is great; my kids love getting a treat when they go up there. Thanks to all the Emerson Staff for their hard work.

Posted July 30, 2009
My son and I love Emerson. He has been attending for 5 years now. We did have a unprofessional K teacher but I made sure I volunteered everyweek to help out. Everyother year since Kinder has been great. He enjoys it. My daughter will be attending this fall and I look forward to it. Every parent should volunteer time to see what your child goes thru and what the teachers goes thru. Experiences are different for everyone but as long as you communicate with your child and help with their education your child will succeed in what ever school they attend.

Emerson Elementary School 1

Posted June 11, 2009
Not coming back. Wosrt experience ever!

Posted May 30, 2009
Very clean, good programs, good teachers, and accountability of children, needs more parent involvement.

Emerson Elementary School
4660 Ottawa Avenue, Riverside, CA  92507
Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Emerson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top