Riverside, CA

Posted March 25, 2015
My son started Kindergarten in the Fall of 2014. We feel so fortunate that Ben Franklin is our assigned school, because it really is top-notch, from the caring and dedicated teachers to the friendly and helpful support staff. There is a real sense of community at the school, which carries down from the administration to the PTO. The campus is nicely landscaped and maintained. The murals are cheerful and make the school welcoming for kids. My son has learned so much since the start of the school year. He went from not being able to recognize all his letters to now reading phonics books. He has progressed from number recognition to addition, subtraction, and basic word problems. Best of all, he loves school and thinks learning is fun! The teachers make their expectations clear in line with the standards, but don't put too much pressure on the kids, stressing them out. The amount of homework is just right, and the enrichment programs after school are wonderful. I can't say enough about how happy we are to be at Ben Franklin.

Posted January 31, 2015
Franklin is a great school! All teachers and general staff work passionately, so every student can have great results. Also, Franklin Elementary School is located in a wonderful neighborhood.

Posted August 11, 2014
My daughter goes to Franklin and we are extremely happy with our school! I had my daughter in a private school for Kindergarten and was paying quite a bit of money for that but was extremely unhappy with the level of education of the teachers and the overall level of education my daughter was receiving. So, we switched to Franklin (our designated school) and we love it!!! It is FAR better than a high-priced private school in Riverside! The teachers are all wonderful at Franklin and the PTO does a great job in raising extra money so that our school has the latest technology/equipment/enrichment materials etc. We couldn't be happier and I can attest, from experience, that you will get all that a private school (claims to) offers but without the high tuition! Couldn't be happier!

Posted August 03, 2014
My two girls go to this school and all our teachers have been amazing. The classroom size leaves a little to be desired, but that would be in any public school unfortunately. Our PTO is one of THE BEST around, starting from the ice cream social all the way down to the father/daughter dance. They think of such innovative ways to raise money to help our kids get the field trips they get to do every year. Ben Franklin is #1 in my book and as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't want my kids to go anywhere else!

Posted August 01, 2014
My grandson attends this school and every time I come into the office I am greeted by friendly and helpful staff. My grandson loves school and his teacher is excellent. The campus is beautiful and inviting. The administration and staff have worked very hard to improve the school and Mrs. Smith is very outgoing.

Posted April 17, 2014
My son is in kindergarten and he has learned so much. His teacher is always available and many parents are involved and volunteer on a weekly basis, there is a great sense of community, and the PTA works hard and has many ways to raise money for assemblies and field trips.

Posted November 19, 2013
Excellent improvements this year, very caring staff and administration. There is a welcoming and positive atmosphere on campus.

Posted September 26, 2013
Mrs. Long is an outstanding Kindergarten teacher. Also, the new Principal Mrs. Smith is doing a terrific job. I feel like my son is really cared for and well educated at Ben Franklin.

Posted September 10, 2013
When I was assigned to this site to sub, there was tremendous support from the administration and contracted teachers. It was very welcoming.

Posted July 24, 2011
I go to Ben Franklin (used to) since I am going to middle school now. I went to the school since I was in kindergarten up to sixth grade and I had a blast! All the teachers were so warm-hearted and made everyone feel incredibly welcome! I had such great memories and I will never forget how hard everyone worked just for us to understand something.

Benjamin Franklin Elementary School
19661 Orange Terrace Parkway, Riverside, CA  92508
Last modified Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top