Bad
Good

Teachers are responsive to emails. That's a positive, but it can't outweigh the negatives in my opinion. Course language and a dress code that isn't often enough enforced isn't something my children should be forced to be around on a daily basis. I've seen shorts that don't completely cover rear ends there. The decision to pull out one of my children wasn't lightly taken, but it wasn't a difficult one. I will be looking into a transfer request for my other student since they need the special education, otherwise I'd likely be pulling them all out. I think the majority of your student's success will be on which teacher they get. But even so, the culture at the school doesn't seem to be one of high standards.

My daughter went to Harrison several years ago and she had some great teachers!

My son's attended this school for four years and with the exception of one teacher we didn't quite see eye-to-eye with our experiences with Harrison have been wonderful. Everyone from the office staff to the Principal has treated us and our son with care and the utmost respect. Keep it up Tigers!!!

I just relocated from the Los Angeles area. I understand that some parents aren't happy with the school system or Harrison, however I believe that this is a challenge for all involved. We, as parents, can not expect the school system to be solely responsible for the education of our children. If you see something you don't like then volunteer. Actively participate so that we can change things together for a more positive learning experience. I understand that its not always possibly to volunteer. I understand that single parents don't always have this luxury. I'm a single mother and I take my daughter's education seriously. She's learning. Harrison isn't perfect however I believe that the staff and administration are doing their best. And the school is doing a great job in dealing with all of the budget cuts.

My daughter is a 4th grader and has attended Harrison since kindergarten. Each year we've been very pleased. Her teachers have been very accessable for any and all questions or concerns. Our principal is very visible and involved. Our monthly family nights are fun and creative. I'm a full time working mother and while I can't be as involved with the school as I would like, I'm confident she is being well educated and cared for by the Harrison staff. Go, Super Tigers!

My Son is in the 4th Grade at Harrison we moved here from the LA school Dis. He went from hating school to loving it. He loves his teacher and for once he actually wants to learn. Thanks a Bunch Ms.D

Last modified Harrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.