Posted April 15, 2013
Teachers are responsive to emails. That's a positive, but it can't outweigh the negatives in my opinion. Course language and a dress code that isn't often enough enforced isn't something my children should be forced to be around on a daily basis. I've seen shorts that don't completely cover rear ends there. The decision to pull out one of my children wasn't lightly taken, but it wasn't a difficult one. I will be looking into a transfer request for my other student since they need the special education, otherwise I'd likely be pulling them all out. I think the majority of your student's success will be on which teacher they get. But even so, the culture at the school doesn't seem to be one of high standards.

Harrison Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
My daughter went to Harrison several years ago and she had some great teachers!

Harrison Elementary School 0

Posted January 01, 2009
My son's attended this school for four years and with the exception of one teacher we didn't quite see eye-to-eye with our experiences with Harrison have been wonderful. Everyone from the office staff to the Principal has treated us and our son with care and the utmost respect. Keep it up Tigers!!!

Posted December 18, 2008
I just relocated from the Los Angeles area. I understand that some parents aren't happy with the school system or Harrison, however I believe that this is a challenge for all involved. We, as parents, can not expect the school system to be solely responsible for the education of our children. If you see something you don't like then volunteer. Actively participate so that we can change things together for a more positive learning experience. I understand that its not always possibly to volunteer. I understand that single parents don't always have this luxury. I'm a single mother and I take my daughter's education seriously. She's learning. Harrison isn't perfect however I believe that the staff and administration are doing their best. And the school is doing a great job in dealing with all of the budget cuts.

Posted October 18, 2007
My daughter is a 4th grader and has attended Harrison since kindergarten. Each year we've been very pleased. Her teachers have been very accessable for any and all questions or concerns. Our principal is very visible and involved. Our monthly family nights are fun and creative. I'm a full time working mother and while I can't be as involved with the school as I would like, I'm confident she is being well educated and cared for by the Harrison staff. Go, Super Tigers!

Harrison Elementary School 5

Posted October 17, 2007
My Son is in the 4th Grade at Harrison we moved here from the LA school Dis. He went from hating school to loving it. He loves his teacher and for once he actually wants to learn. Thanks a Bunch Ms.D

Posted December 12, 2006

Posted September 19, 2006
We are going on our 3rd year at Harrison and I can't say enough about the teachers especially in this day and age of public schools. We have been at every end - my son is basic in the beginning of the year and proficient by the end. He has encountered bullies and had the split grade classroom. The school is operating to the best of their ability and as a parent you have to put into a school what you want to get out of it. I am a full time working mom and each year when I volunteer in the classrooms it is the same handful of parents helping. As parents we need to realize how overcrowded, financially strapped, and the political correctness the schools are trying to function with. My son loves Harrison and we look forward to sending our younger son next year.

Posted July 19, 2006
I think some of the teachers allow themselves to be tested by the students(kids want to see how much they can get away with), before doing anything. I have see it over and over again, not just with my child but with others. Some of the teachers stop it right away others wait till its out of hand and then expect the parents to fix it. Why don't the teachers notify the parents right away? I really like the school but have been seeing changes I don't agree with or like.

Harrison Elementary School 1

Posted April 11, 2006
One subject that is not addressed here is the bullying at harrison. When the principal and asst. Principal keep getting the same complaints about the same bulliers you think they would put and end to it but it seems to just be ignored . Use your words, walk away. That is great if it really worked but it does not with these certain bullies. No wonder more parents are homeschooling now! and I agree this school is just mostly concerned with high test scores. I used to volunteer not anymore!

Harrison Elementary School
2901 Harrison Street, Riverside, CA  92503
Last modified Harrison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top