Bad
Good

I just moved from l.a county my daughter is in tk and all I can say is that the teacher there doesn't know what she's doing. There has been no progress in my daughter. Everything she knows is because of my husband and I. She should be in the rainbow words already. But the teacher has her stuck with the abcs. My daughter knows all her abcs since long ago. I don't recommend this school. Am trying my best to have her transfer to another school. Where they take the time to teach them... And making progress :)

I highly recommend anybody to make school transfer as long as principal Ellis is ruling in this school. She has been the worst principal any of my kids have had. She arrived on my son's last year in Jackson. Not good for a working single parent. Did not get notified of my son's "promotion" time until a day before. One needs to know things before to plan especially if one works. What I thought that was wrong of her was to mock on her graduation speech the fact that people where complaing about her miscommunication when she sent many memos and a recorded message the previous day. Yes we knew the date but she left out the time. It seemed her only interest was attendance and tests. My opinion she would get fired we need a better role model for our kids. Life doesn't have to be about self interest and even if she tries to say the opposite actions are what counts and she has all the kids in her school watching her actions.

Beware special ed parents! I recently moved from Orange County, where my son received transportation. On the first initial IEP I got told my son was not disabled enough to get transportation. I never meet a psychologist for the school. My son on the initial dibels test graded proficient and at the end of school he graded as not proficient and the teacher simply told me that he must of been a good guesser that day. The Principal is not professional at all since I am fighting the transportation issue the kids went on the a sixth grade swim and the disabled enough kids got transportation and the rest got to walk as I was walking by the bus with my son she says "the bus is only for the disabled kids". I have never been in a school this bad. I heard from a parent that has a child in the class who was getting bullied and got told that her child needed to learn stand up for himself, and when he did she got called to the office. I do not recommend this school to anybody. The staff is more concern about your child attending school than actually teaching them something.

This is our first year and I am pleased with my son's teacher. The staff seems to care and correct their mistakes quickly. The students are encouraged to do well, by striving to excel in their studies. We are blessed to attend a school where it feels like a second home.

I have a large list of issues with this school. Pulled both my kids out and will never return. I have also contacted the superintendent in regards to the principal that was not only rude to me but to my 9 year old child as well.

Jackson is an amazing school with wonderful students, parents and teachers. Many Jackson parents are interested in their child's education and the teachers at Jackson are more then willing to go above and beyond to make each child successful.

Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.