Riverside, CA

Posted December 05, 2014
I just moved from l.a county my daughter is in tk and all I can say is that the teacher there doesn't know what she's doing. There has been no progress in my daughter. Everything she knows is because of my husband and I. She should be in the rainbow words already. But the teacher has her stuck with the abcs. My daughter knows all her abcs since long ago. I don't recommend this school. Am trying my best to have her transfer to another school. Where they take the time to teach them... And making progress :)

Posted August 22, 2014
I highly recommend anybody to make school transfer as long as principal Ellis is ruling in this school. She has been the worst principal any of my kids have had. She arrived on my son's last year in Jackson. Not good for a working single parent. Did not get notified of my son's "promotion" time until a day before. One needs to know things before to plan especially if one works. What I thought that was wrong of her was to mock on her graduation speech the fact that people where complaing about her miscommunication when she sent many memos and a recorded message the previous day. Yes we knew the date but she left out the time. It seemed her only interest was attendance and tests. My opinion she would get fired we need a better role model for our kids. Life doesn't have to be about self interest and even if she tries to say the opposite actions are what counts and she has all the kids in her school watching her actions.

Posted June 23, 2014
Beware special ed parents! I recently moved from Orange County, where my son received transportation. On the first initial IEP I got told my son was not disabled enough to get transportation. I never meet a psychologist for the school. My son on the initial dibels test graded proficient and at the end of school he graded as not proficient and the teacher simply told me that he must of been a good guesser that day. The Principal is not professional at all since I am fighting the transportation issue the kids went on the a sixth grade swim and the disabled enough kids got transportation and the rest got to walk as I was walking by the bus with my son she says "the bus is only for the disabled kids". I have never been in a school this bad. I heard from a parent that has a child in the class who was getting bullied and got told that her child needed to learn stand up for himself, and when he did she got called to the office. I do not recommend this school to anybody. The staff is more concern about your child attending school than actually teaching them something.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted February 25, 2014
This is our first year and I am pleased with my son's teacher. The staff seems to care and correct their mistakes quickly. The students are encouraged to do well, by striving to excel in their studies. We are blessed to attend a school where it feels like a second home.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted April 23, 2011
Jackson is an amazing school with wonderful students, parents and teachers. Many Jackson parents are interested in their child's education and the teachers at Jackson are more then willing to go above and beyond to make each child successful.

Jackson Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2004
Let the CAT-6 scores, and all other results included, speak for themselves. Having experienced 4 teachers, 2 of which came off as unmotivated and their curriculum consisted of simple worksheets and 20 minutes of reading for 2nd and 3rd grade. The school has no extracurricular activities, before or after school programs.Two teacher that meet and exceeded expectations were Miss Defelice, and Miss Kasten, thanks for participating in the education of my child.

Jackson Elementary School 2

Posted June 05, 2004

Jackson Elementary School
4585 Jackson Street, Riverside, CA  92503
Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top