Riverside, CA

Posted July 08, 2014
You know the lady who complained about the Spanish speaking only kids. You shouldn't be so negative! The kids who speak Spanish need help as much as your kid does it sounds to me from what you wrote about this school is so very negative. You say your kid is in gate so that means you have a bright child. I have one also but I also have a family member in this school who is in special ed and she is in a great school she needs help too bit we will never complain about kids who speak only Spanish trying to learn English as being a bad thing for a school to teach them they do not in my opinion in either school district only focus on Spanish speaking kids! In fact they even need more help in my opinion from us at times! So I disagree with you please try to be more understanding May peace be with you all of your life

Posted August 22, 2013
My grandsons are both enrolled at Mt., View and have had an excellent experience there. They will be starting the 1st and 4th grades this year. There are a lot of Spanish speakers going there, but this is their world and I love they are a part of the population at Mt. View. Our country and especially this State is diversified and we must learn to function in it. Thank you Mt. View for making school a good experience for all your students.

Posted August 01, 2013
love this school. the staff, the teachers, the PTA are all on the right track for the best interest of the students. Mt. View has my support.

Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted May 10, 2011
I was excited for my daughter to go to this school and be in the gate program (2nd grade). I will be moving thank god and she will not be attending this school next year. They are so pre occupied with children who do not speak English that they have a great esl program but for the Mexican american children who do know English they are displaced from there class one hr every day. Which is not fair, also my child is in a half gate half regular class which is fine but there are 35 students in her class.(mind u all this is put on one teacher). And when my child complained of bullying nothing was done, just follow the super 8 rules, yet another child was told that my child said something and my child ended up in the principals office for something she never said. They actually told me who the kid spreading rumors was it was the boy who bullied my little girl everyday. So they also play favorites and gang up on innocent children. And lets top that off we got our spring pictures last Mon, Tue she was threatened with detention till they got the pics or $ back which i payed for them Thursday after reminding them they are a school not a business. It is sad where this schools priorities are

Mountain View Elementary School 2

Posted May 17, 2010
Competent teachers, but watch out for Sheriff Ellis. Don't let ya'lls children talk to her. She'll suspend them for past "breaking" of school rules and uses assemblies as warnins. There's a new Sheriff in town! Watch out. This school needs more supervision of the students and compassion for the ones that do well. I regretfully inform those here on this forum that Mt. View needs an overhaul. I am an involved parent and its a shame that I am very unsatisfied. APIs aren't that great either.

Mountain View Elementary School 3

Posted July 30, 2008
My kids are students one in 3rd grade and one in 1st grade. The teachers are great and care about the students. They focus on the EL students but do not forget about the fluent ones. This school has fome of the most dedicated teachers I have met. Great job.

Mountain View Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2007
My son attends Mountain View, and my daughter will soon. I feel his teachers have been highly qualified, and truly care about the students in the school, not just their own classroom students. Many times, 2-3 hours after dismissal, teachers are still there, outside of their contract time. I have driven past on weekends, during the summer vacation, and Christmas breaks and noticed teachers working onsite. The school has a high percentage of students receiving free lunch, and many english language learners. There is a strong focus on helping non-proficient students succeed, but my son also has been given opportunities to enrich his own learning. The upper grades use a great deal of technology, and I am amazed at the projects my son and his classmates produced in fifth grade.

Mountain View Elementary School
6180 Streeter Avenue, Riverside, CA  92504
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top