Riverside, CA

Posted September 24, 2014
BEST SCHOOL! GREAT STAFF!! As a child I came to this school and know my kids go here too. Never had an issue with teachers or staff members. They all have been so helpful through a rough time my daughter had. Some of the reviews on here seem a lil unreal to me since I came here myself. Never had an issue with the nurse, once my kids go in the office they give me a call and make sure I would want them to come home or stay at school.

Posted June 02, 2014
This school is the best!!! The staff is so awesome they pay good attention to the kids my daughter has been going to this school since she was in 2nd grade and now she is graduating I'm so proud of her love her so much. My son also would come to this school there autism program is so awesome I just love this school. I'm ganna miss it....

Pachappa Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
This school is a nightmare. If I could rate this school with half of a star, I would instead of a full star. The office staff are horrible and VERY unprofessional and dysfunctional. I want to warn every parent that comes in contact with the school nurse. I have witnessed the school nurse gossiping with files in hand reading about students and speeking very poorly of the parents that come in and out of her office. Also I came in one day because my child had a bloody nose from the 102 degree heat that the staff made the kids play in, and I was waiting on her to let me sign my child out. While as I was waiting a child walked in who had an bathroom accident, and clearly you can see it was in her little shoes and covering her socks. All the nurse did was give her a pair of shorts and told her to go back to class. The little girl started to cry because she wanted to change her shoes and socks and everything else and wanted her mom. The nurse told her to deal with it, said no reason to call the mother for something silly and made her go back to class. I was so upset on what I had just witnessed. Please parents re think your ideas about this school.

Pachappa Elementary School 1

Posted June 02, 2011
To say this school is below average is an understatement. At the first parent teacher conference I ask the typical questions: how is my child doing, how is her behavior, what is your curriculum like? Of course as a parent I know the answers to all this questions except the last. A few short answers latter and after she said our main focus is to prepare the children for the California State Exam I responded. Well but you also teach the fundamentals and not just how to pass a test correct? The teacher kept stumbling over her words and stressed the importance of doing good on this exam . I continue asking question about what teaching method she uses and how she pushes advance children? She quickly stood up and rudely made her way to the door. Through the year I ask for other meeting and she would either decline or not show up at the agreed time. The principal and office staff is no different. They are unhelpful, discourteous and overall unprofessional. If it is within your means to take your child to a different school, I seriously recommend it. I did about half way through the school year and my 2nd graded was seriously behind the rest of her new class.

Posted December 08, 2009
I am so disappointed with this school. My wife and I will be looking around for a school that can challenge my academically advanced child. I was led to believe that this school had a plan for working with the advanced student but as it turns out they just give him busy work.

Posted September 17, 2009
The administration is there for the kids. People are working together to take our students the extra distance in education. The teachers always go above and beyond what is required!

Posted September 16, 2009
Wonderful teachers and the community vibe is everything you could hope for!!

Posted September 16, 2009
Pachappa school is great! My kids have really excelled with the excellent teachers.

Posted September 16, 2009
small school feel with dedicated teachers and a wonderful learning environment

Posted June 14, 2009
My daughter just left this school after being here for 5 years ( since 1st grade).I could never have found a school I liked better, or that kept my daughter so happy. The families are great, the kids are great, and the faculty support is great. My daughter came down with type 1 diabetes in her third year, and the nurses and office faculty are extremely supportive. The teachers care, and they offer great activities like : lunch on the lawn ( once a month your family can come to lunch with your kid), santas workshop ( at christmas everyone learns how to make a gift after school hours ), and special invites for special teachers / speakers from various schools/organizations to visit on a subject ( seismologist / fine arts history). Each grade creates one special performance a year on something different ( play, musical etc.). Superb!

Pachappa Elementary School
6200 Riverside Avenue, Riverside, CA  92506
Last modified Pachappa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pachappa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top