Posted November 17, 2014
I love Rivera! My son started here in Kindergarten two years ago and I couldn't be more pleased. I've always been welcome on campus, even after the new safety measures were put into place. I have no problem signing in to go on campus to help insure the safety of my son and all the other children. Anyone I've ever spoken to about having problems getting on campus was because THEY were not following the very simple rules. Every teacher I've come into contact with has been friendly and seems to really be doing their best for the kids. I've not had to deal with the new principal at all but my son has only had nice things to say. The office staff is great and the other parents are very involved. My daughter will be starting here in 2 years and I'm so happy we are a part of this school's community.

Posted September 04, 2014
I dropped my daughter on for kindergarden. She said she was cold and wanted her blanket so I ran back to the car and when I tried to enter the campus the "new" principle told me that they do not allow parents on campus if not needed and that he would take the blanket to my daughter instead. I said ok, but when I picked my daughter up she asked why I didn't bring her the blanket back cause she was freezing all day. I told her the principle said he was going to. I guess he DID not and decided to throw her blanket in the LOST AND FOUND instead. My first impression of this "principle" and I'm not liking what I'm seeing. He's lucky he was "busy" or I would have gave him a piece of my mind right then and there. Totally uncalled for. Not a good way to impress the parents.

Posted February 23, 2014
They finally got rid of her, but they should have taken the secretary with her too.. The problem I have with this school starts with the principle secretary (who thinks ) she runs the school...she should go to schools and be a principle if she wants... But until then she is just a poser..,

Posted January 14, 2014
This school is awesome. My daughter transferred here mid-way through 1st grade last year (from a MoVal school) and the quality of teaching was so obviously better and the curriculum so much more advanced and challenging. She went from being a basic student in MoVal to being top of her class this year (helps tremendously that Mr. Hein is an awesome teacher!). My son started here in Kindergarten and I LOVE the fact that they have full-day kinder, not half day. I volunteer once a week in the K class (so parents CAN volunteer, unlike a previous review) and it's awesome to see how Ms. Caudill is patient and effective with her students. Great school, great staff, awesome school!

Posted November 14, 2013
Mrs. Coe is grrrreat! The changes in my child is night and day. The projects, are fun and we all enjoy them. Finally a school that challenges the students. I've never seen my child so excited to learn. And is nothing like the other school was trying to portray. I say actions speak louder then words.

Posted September 03, 2013
This is a horrible school since the new principle arrived a few years ago, test scores are down and parents can't volunteer anymore.

Tomas Rivera Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
I think that since I don't have a lot of time invested yet, I can provide a fairly unbiased review. However, my son is a GATE student, so his experience may not translate well to other families that do not have GATE students. He also, and has always, loved school. He began attending Rivera last year after Spring Break. He was excited every day. His teacher was also very enthusiastic. And even though he was new, his teacher recognized him for all of his achievements as if he were there all year. Administrative staff was better than average and always positive and responsive. This year, with only a few days in, I think that I'll need to be present as much as possible to assure his current teacher does not abuse the power of emotional motivators, but it seems that his academic progress is noted and being tended to. Teachers are human. If you hear or notice something you do not understand or like, you must engage immediately. That demonstrates your investment in your child and lays a foundation early on. Whether a teacher is likeable or not, my son loves it when I am involved and it shows in his actions. If the parent doesn't show up, sometimes the child doesn't either.

Posted June 11, 2013
If it was possible to give a negative rating, I would. Your civil rights will be violated at this school. The principal is a disgrace to the education system. She should be ashamed of herself.

Posted February 03, 2013
I really like this school. I have 3 children that attend. 2 of my children transfered from other schools, and I see a big difference in the issue on being bullied. They don't tolerate it, and they keep a close eye on any potential problems. I feel like the teachers are most definitely willing to have good communication with parents. My son struggles with math, and the last 2 school years, the teachers allow students to come in during lunch for additional help. Some will even let them come before class in the morning for additional help. I have a kindergartener at this school who is in special education for autism. Again, the special education staff is ready, willing and able to put in their very best. They are very compassionate, patient and understanding, not to mention qualified to handle a wide range of special education needs. They have made miracles happen with my daughter. The principal is amazing. A great communicater and leader. Great school all around. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 24, 2009

Tomas Rivera Elementary School
20440 Red Poppy Lane, Riverside, CA  92508
Last modified Tomas Rivera Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tomas Rivera Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top