Riverside, CA

Posted September 11, 2009
My son began the 7th grade at Sierra with average grades and he wanted to be part of the AVID program. I supported my son in his decision and he did have a few problem in the beginning of the school year. However, I noticed that he began to change and started to be excited about school. I would take the initiative and follow up with him on his academics. To my surprise he adjusted well and for the first time he enjoyed school and looked forward to going. I comment the teachers, the AVID program, and staff for being very supportive of my son to the point that he graduated with almost straight A's. Yes, I was on him but I couldn't do this alone as a single parent. Congratulations to Sierra Middle School for a SUPERB JOB, that is reflected in your students, and THANK YOU for your dedication.

Sierra Middle School 0

Posted February 06, 2009
I am a parent of a 7th grader at Sierra Middle School. I have seen a positive change in her attitude about school over the past 5 months. I believe it is the teachers and school that has played a huge part in this.

Posted July 20, 2008
I have a personal account of what goes on inside the walls of sierra middle school and,i must say it inspired me.I am a graduating student from sierra and must confess that its a great school,however there are some mix-ups the office staff,and vice principal aren't as friendly and helpful as they could be.I was a GATE student at sierra and found that my teachers would open up new horizens for me to explore,I have much graditude to:Mrs.Chavez-ADV L.A,Mr.Laudermilk-P.E,Mr.Wright-MATH,Mr.Logan-Band,Mr.Schanz,and Mr.Gates-ADV History,Mr.Rumsey-Silent Reading,and Mr.Martin.....these were the great minds that led me through my 8th grade year.i strongly doubt that you can find a more devoted faculty at any other school,GO EAGLES!

Posted November 05, 2007

Sierra Middle School 0

Posted October 06, 2007
My son is in 8th grade and had some problems with some Mexican students in 7th grade , he has never problems of this nature in all his school years, if it wasn't for the principal, my son would have been suspended or expelled for being bullied and attacked. The vice principle is of no help except to his own race. The principal is very understanding and helpful and if it wasn't for him I would have removed my son from this school. Most of the teachers are great at what they do and answer any questions but my son is in GATE and has been all his years in school so I don't know how difficult it would be for a parent who has an average student, I have had it easy as far as academics go. The office staff is not helpful and are extremely self centered and rude.

Sierra Middle School 2

Posted December 01, 2006
I have a son in the 7th grade here, and I'm not very happy with the school. The teachers don't keep you informed of what is going on [even though I've asked them to], and I have voluntered my time to help the school [which it is obvious they need help anyway they can get], and I have got no response about that either. It really upsets me that the principal doesn't seem to care enough to make the time to write at least a few words to post a comment about the school he is in charge of, on his schools web sight. I hope he at least makes the time to read the parents comments!

Sierra Middle School 3

Posted October 20, 2006
My daughter has been there for 2 years so far. However, my experience hasn't been a good one. It seems like most of the teachers and staff are only there for the check. There might 1 or 2 who really 'care', and even they're not in the positon to do anything. My daughter suffers a little from A.D.H.D Teachers these days don't, or they're not experienced in dealing with children with behavior issues. This school feels that if you send the child 'home' that solves the problem, I beg to differ. My daughter just recently she's not having problems with the students, it's the teachers and some staff. Teachers should learn to admit to they're students that they have 'BAD' days too, and not come off as 'Perfect'. Set the example that you trying to teach about. They should be leaders, not have just as much ' attitude' toward the child!

Posted March 21, 2006
I think the school has done a fine job with keeping the parents aware of student progress,attitude,& student involvement..To date I have had no major issues & over-all I am pleased w/teachers & staff...

Posted January 12, 2006
I personally love the school. The teachers are excellent and always ready to answer any questions or concerns we may have. The only advice I strongly advice parents is to be involved! To many times we feel that since our children are in Jr High we are pretty much done and well this is a critical age. The office staff and principal are always willing to guild us to where we can help. Please do so in what ever school you may send your children to.

Posted April 11, 2005

Sierra Middle School
4950 Central Avenue, Riverside, CA  92504
Last modified Sierra Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierra Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top