Riverside, CA

Posted November 22, 2013
I have 4childre that have all done there my youngest is currentley there in the 4th grade, We have some of the best and most carring teachers there and im so very greatful to theme for all they have done for our children. The only complaint i have is the principals that they have had in the reccent years my oldest children started at the school when Mr. Martin was principal there that was also when our school recieved the blue ribbon award he was a great principal and the children lived him he has deffinantley been missed. Since himleaving the. school we have had so horrible principals and our test score reflect that as well. So lets all pray that this new principal dose a better job then the last 4 or 5 principals

Posted November 22, 2013
My kids have been going to Washington for 3 years now and I love this school! The teachers really do all they can to facilitate the kids' learning; you can tell they really care about them and that are truly invested. There are a lot of different extra-curricular activities offered, too, from band/strings to drama and ballroom dance. As far as the office staff, they've always maintained a very professional relationship with my husband and I, and they've always been very welcoming - even when the office is full and the phones are ringing off the hook! So I'm surprised and sorry to hear about the negative reviews...I wouldn't consider them the norm at all. I was a little hesitant at first about the change in administration (because there's been so many) but the current principal seems wonderful and on top of things. All in all, a great school!

Posted August 23, 2013
I personally think the teachers at the school are great but the staff especially the lunch supervisors are very mean and strict as in the lunch supervisors would give you a pink slip for standing up(!) my 1-3 grade teachers were amazing especially my first grade teacher Mrs Stweart

Posted July 08, 2013
Washington happens to be our home school but I would choose it in a heartbeat either way. We love the Spanish Dual Language Immersion program, and have had good teachers all around. I see some principal complaints, and in 2013 we are getting a new principal. I can also understand the negative comments about the office staff - as much as I love the school overall I can't disagree that the office staff leaves a little to be desired, most of them do not seem happy to be there. However, I blame the district for that one, they hired them.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted March 22, 2013
I used to go to that school from kindergarten to half of fourth grade. I only liked two of my teachers. My kindergarten one and my first grade one. My fourth grade teacher was OK though. Its a school I would brag about but its still alright. Lots of the teachers there are old and mean ( mostly second and sixth) most of the nice and awesome teachers are gone except 1 my old kindergarten teacher. He is the best. The staff is OK. A lot of them are really mean and don't care about the children. If your a student reading this review or a parent reading this review and you or your child has a male teacher ask them if they thought kindergarten in 2005 at that school. If they say yes that's the awesome teacher I'm talking about

Washington Elementary School 2

Posted December 05, 2011
Unfortunately, I am not impressed with this school. The teachers are very nice and polite. The office staff leaves a lot to be desired. They are rude and unresponsive. This must generate from the top, because the principal never returns phone calls and does not have the time of day for her parents. Too bad with this economy that private school is not an option.

Posted September 20, 2011
So far, I think this school has exceeded my expectations. My son is loving his Dual Immersion language program. His teacher is strict but sweet. Gets a decent amount of Homework for the week. They have a lot of meetings to help parents out and even free supervision of kids while parents participate in different programs the school offers.

Posted June 08, 2011
I think Washington School is a great school. I think the staff and faculty are well trained and friendly. I love being a part of the pta.

Posted August 04, 2009

Washington Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2006
I think washington school, pushes things under the rug and does not handle matters the way they should, it is a horrible school and I took my children out to attend private school.

Washington Elementary School
2760 Jane Street, Riverside, CA  92506
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top