Bad
Good

Posted August 21, 2013
I am so excited for my kids to go to this school. I went here as an elementary student and I am thrilled my kids will get to experience what I did. The PTA is very involved and has tons of extra curricular activities planned. The school is clean and well maintained. I haven't met our teachers yet but I am excited to have my children join the Woodcrest family.

Posted February 01, 2013
We currently have three children in the RUSD school system. We transferred from Lake Mathews Elementary to Woodcrest Elementary three years ago merely for convenience. We love both schools, but the main difference I've seen thus far is the goal for academic excellence isn't the driving motive for progress at Woodcrest. Our children have received life skills and special interest opportunities in the classroom, and at the same time have received the rigor of high academic standards. Of course, there is always room for improvement in the technology area as well as the teaching quality of a FEW who deliver lessons the same today as they did 15 years ago.

Posted January 18, 2013
Woodcrest is a good school. The teachers are great. We have an excellent PTA. The PTA work really hard at everything they put together for our kids. I think in the past our school office has been unpleasant, hostile and down right unbearable to go into, due to Debbie Morgan and Mr. Caudill. This is the first year the school office is pleasant and calm and I know the new principle Mrs. Eckman has everything to do with it. As a parent, I am very glad Woodcrest has her in charge.

Posted November 05, 2012
We have been here for 2 Years. We love it ! Strong PTA & Parent involvment which just always makes for a better school . Teachers are Great and hard working at helping each student excels to there best !!

Posted June 02, 2011
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I went here many years ago, and was excited my children would go to! I am happy with 99 percent of the teachers. I love the office staff, but I do see a different side of what they endure every day with being so involved with the PTA!! I only wish we could get more parents involved with the school so to make the extra circular activities put on by the PTA better, not that the moms and dads that are on PTA do so much already! I would recommend this school to anyone who asked!

Woodcrest Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2010
My children went to this school. I was pleased with all but one of the teachers they had during their years there, but dealing with principal Caudill and the administration in the office, particularly Debbie, was such an unpleasant and unprofessional experience that I transferred them to a different school. Principal Caudill would ignore any phone messages or e-mails regarding parent concerns and then when asked if he had received them, simply reply "yes" with no apology or explanation for failing to respond. Dealing with him and certain people working in the school office, who continually maintained a hostile or indifferent demeanor in interactions, was really a nightmare. The difference between the helpfulness, caring and professionalism of the people working at the private school that my children now attend and those at Woodcrest elementary is like night and day.

Posted May 20, 2010
I have two children at Woodcrest. They are both outstanding students and have been fortunate to be instructed and challenged by caring teachers. However, I feel the school doesn't communicate well with parents and seems indifferent to the needs and schedules of working moms. The website is NEVER up to date.

Posted December 01, 2009
Excellent school. The teachrs truly care about their kids and they continuously work to get parents involved in teaching and supporting the school and the PTA.

Woodcrest Elementary School

Posted August 22, 2008
I have two children attending this school and I can say most of the teachers are very hard working and dedicated. They strive to challenge the students and maintain above average performance. Very high parent involvement and support, especially K-3. I would like to see more extra curricular activities. There are a few teachers that probably should call it quits. Overall, it's a good school.

Posted December 18, 2007
This is a wonderful school! I, myself went to Woodcrest many years ago and I have watched the school go through many different changes. The school holds high quality teachers that are commited to the students and parents. There are a lot of extracurricular activities that my daughter loves to attend and she gets a lot out of them. The only thing I am unhappy about is the way the principal reacts to parents in different situations.

Woodcrest Elementary School
16940 Krameria Avenue, Riverside, CA  92504-6119
Last modified Woodcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.