Riverside, CA
After care: No

Notre Dame High School 1

Posted May 15, 2015
When I enrolled my child into this school the sky was the limit with the promises of a great education in a Catholic based school. We were so excited to have her attend. I am sad to say that every year this school has become more and more money driven. They focus on their image but do not focus on what's important , the kids. Bottom line, the kids run the school. The popular kids get away with being bully's, there is a scary level of drug use. The teachers are so busy trying to be cool or just don't care and the upper management are so busy fundraising that the kids are left to their own devises! My child got absolutely no help with college prep and the school does not communicate with the church so my son missed out on important events because they clashed with church obligations! This is a catholic based college prep school so they say, I would expect for those bases to be cover at least! I am very happy to be done with this school, my son has 2 more years of high school but we will not be wasting them here at ND.

Notre Dame High School 2

Posted May 12, 2013
I am a current student at notre dame, quality teachers are few and far between, the athletic program highlights football while it is our weakest sport, and belittles other more advanced sports teams we have, the administration is a sham, the worst part of this school is the slapped on "technology advancements" our buildings are falling apart AC is near non-existent, and we insist on forcing our students into paying 600 dollars on an iPad that is completely wasteful. while there are a few teachers that are stellar it is heavily outweighed by the poor teachings skills of others, if you are strapped for cash dont budget this school by its tuition, allow for massive fees such as "technology fees" (on top of ipads), mandatory fundraiser donations(dont even understand how its a fundraising at that point) and other such fees that will decimate your checkbook. you have been warned

Notre Dame High School 4

Posted July 11, 2011
Most teachers at ND are excellent & want to help the kids learn. Principal is rarely at ND or, if there, is totally inaccessible for problems. That's why there's the months long delay to take care of "issues" the March 22, 2010 parent mentioned. ND is a VERY small school - doesn't need a principal & president & can't afford the 2 salaries. Uncontrolled President spends $$$$ making ND "pretty" - like painting all ND "green & gold" brown to "match" St. Catherine's. WHY? They're not "connected" He's publicly said making ND 'pretty' will increase enrollment. Just got several desperate pleas for $$ The football program is bankrupt. Not surprised though because several years ago friends donated the $$$ to upgrade volleyball nets or they weren't going to be allowed to hold league games in their gym. ND desperately needs all new "outside" admin that truly cares about what is important - the kids, teachers & regaining the 70's & 80's tough academic reputation - not band aid cosmetic improvements. Lose all the administration. Respect the teachers & work with them to get ND back to its former glory rather than "painting" over problems & just filling desks. It's not what it used to be.

Posted March 22, 2010
I have one student at Notre Dame. This school is a pretty good school for academcs. The sports programs are just ok. Most of Notre Dame's teachers are caring, involved professionals. Unfortunately there are a couple who have no clue on what they're doing. The administration also needs help. Students issues are not adressed properly or in a timely manner. Issues that should take a couple days to handle end up taking two months, yes two months.

Posted August 13, 2009
Notre Dame has made great strides over the last few yeas to improve it's image in the community. The Administration and Teachers are dedicated to educate the student as a whole, including academics, spiritual and extra curricular.

Posted May 16, 2008
My children went to Notre Dame and all excelled in college and graduate scool while classmates floundered. College work is a breeze after 4 years being whipped into shape by their excellent and dedicated teachers. Awesome teachers alone cannot keep a private school going. The administion desperately needs major improvement as it is leaderless and clueless. Experienced new administrative and financial personnel must be found and put in charge to back up and encourage the underpaid teachers.

Posted April 15, 2008
My son graduated in 2007 and is currently attending The University of New Mexico. Notre Dame's rigorous curriculum definitely prepared him for university study and ultimate success. He still has 3 years to go at UNM, but his achievement has already been recognized and I know it's because of Notre Dame's preparation.

Notre Dame High School 5

Posted November 05, 2006
I graduated in 2002 and went on to study at the University of Arizona for a year. Then I transferred and finished at Chapman University. I am currently at Cornell Law School. Notre Dame High School gave me the necessary skills to succeed at every step of my journey.

Notre Dame High School 5

Posted February 23, 2004
This school is an outstanding high school. over 90% of the kids who graduate from notre dame go on to colleges and universities. my son graduated from here in 1993 and went on to graduate from boston university. the school's expectations of conduct and academic achievement are second to none. homework is at least two hours every night.

7085 Brockton Avenue, Riverside, CA  92506
Last modified Notre Dame High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Notre Dame High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top