No rating

Riverside Christian Schools

Private | 8 | 1200 students

Living in Riverside

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted May 9, 2013

What Middle School in Riverside offers Tackle Football, Volleyball, Cross Country, softball, Baseball, Boys and girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Soccer, and Track and Field Opportunities? RIVERSIDE CHRISTIAN!!! I am excited at the opportunities that RCS has to offer my middle school student! These are not inter-mural sports, they actually get on a bus and travel to league schools!

Posted April 25, 2013

I have had 4children go through RCS(starting in grades 6,4,2,&1). We were very fortunate to have, for the most part, kind and loving teachers. I won't say everything was perfect, but no place is. I believe involved parenting is important no matter where your child is,and children need to learn how to deal with all types of people. It is a parent's job to help them through it, not avoid it completely. At the time my children attended, the staff may not have been credentialed but they had big hearts and were concerned with the students spiritual life. The school has gone through some things in the last few years. I knew that God needed to bring the school to it's knees and the repair takes time. He is not done working at RCS. In my family of 4children, their education readied them for 3 out of 4 makings Dean's List Honors though out their college years.1 has 2Master degrees, 1 has 2 special Ed degrees and a Masters and 1 is working on a credential and Masters. 1teaches at a university and a college, one is teaching and coaching at the college level and 1 is teaching in high school and one is director of education at a learning center. RCS had a large part in making it happen!

Posted April 18, 2013

My son attended RCS from third through fifth grade after the private school he previously attended for K-second closed its doors. To put it in the politest terms possible, if RCS offered my daughter a free education at their school I would tell them NO! The majority of the staff are some of the most "UnChristian" Christians I have ever met!

Posted March 13, 2013

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only parent who can see the "facade" that this school and it's staff puts on. It is pitiful! After long and difficult days at work, to pay for the overcharged and undereducated staff, I had to come home and do the teachers job of teaching my child only to find out that the entire class was behind the local public schools. If you are a parent who genuinely wants a better education for your child, DO NOT choose this school!!!!

Posted June 20, 2011

I have 3 children attending Riverside Christian. Each one of them love it. The school teaches respect, love and caring. Of course they also teach math, reading, writing, etc... I would highly recommend this school to anyone that is looking for a great environment for their children to learn and make great influences for the rest of their lives. Remember that parents need to a part of a child's education and that is encouraged at this school. Keep up the good work!

Posted June 4, 2011

My child attends RCS for 8+ years. It used to be a good Christian school. Now, it's completely different. I'm not going to comment further about how they treated my child. They were cruel. I've had enough with RCS and am pulling my kid out of that school this year. My child will attend a better Christian school where they will give lots of respect and love for my child. I noticed that Riverside Christian Schools changed the system not like before. Also I heard so many parents pull their kids out of this school and transferred to Riverside Christian Day Schools which one is really best school as Woodcrest Christian System.

Posted May 30, 2011

My Daughter Attends Pre-School there and WE ALL LOVE it !!!! She cant wait to go to school eachday and the Teachers there are soo Loving and sweet and pay attention to each child. My daughter has learned so many songs, bible verses, her writing has improved.. etc ( I could go on).. Highly Recommended !!!!!

Posted September 7, 2010

Great school for lower grades...My sons attended Pre K-3. Preschool was excellent. My son felt loved and accepted and enjoyed going to school everyday. He learned lots of bible stories, memory verses, and could read and write before he entered Kindergarten.Thank you RCS preschool for being a godly example for my sons. Grades K-2 went well and he was reading about two grade levels above his grade level. He also learned his math facts very well however his teacher was mean, sarcastic, and demeaning at times. Whenever I talked to the teacher about the situation she was always unwilling to acknowledge or help my son without being demeaning. I spoke to the principle and he wasn't interested in helping either. Lastly, RCS is lacking a writing curriculum, when myself and other parents spoke to the principle regarding getting a writing curriculum through PTO the principle was annoyed and uninterested.

Posted July 30, 2010

I have had two kids go through RCS and both received academic scholarship and a sports scholarship, and gone on to graduate with a masters degree from USC. So to the parent who posted on June 15th 2009 you must be having a bad day RCS staff puts God first in all that they do. Great sports program in M.S. and H.S. and excellent staff with and outstanding M.S. principal. So for those choosing RCS for your children you will be blessed.

Posted June 15, 2010

dont be fooled by the staff nor the students most of it a facade in order to obtain your pay check. through the increased prices as your child progresses to the decreased intelligence of high school teachers. Your child will be introduced into a society where there is "Christianity involved campus" but in all reality each student could care less about a higher form of deity or religion, because in reality one can not push a child towards a religion. How cab u support such accusations, by letting you know that i was in fact a student there from pre school through 10th grade.

Posted March 29, 2010

My daughter is in Preschool here and she loves it. Great preschool staff couldnt be happier.

Posted February 26, 2010

I absolutely recommend this school. It has been a total blessing for our family.

Posted February 16, 2010

I'm not too happy. My child continues to get straight A's throughout the year, yet she is below average when it comes to SAT's. I have had extensive meetings with the teachers and not one of them can tell me why my child is doing so poorly with the SAT's. The teachers also tell me not to worry about it and not to take the test so seriously. I'm looking for a new school.

Posted October 2, 2009

Riverside Christian Schools are the best! My kids have been attending since kindergarten. I have 4 kids, kindergarten, 4th, 5th, and 7th. Great teachers and great education.

Posted September 16, 2009

My daughter is a junior in HS this year and has been at RCS since she was 3 years old. The staff and teachers have been wonderful over the years. Not only are they professional caring individuals they are loving people. My daughter could contact any one of them after hours for help in anything and they would respond with their help. What a great experience being at RCS has been for my child and me as a parent who wants only the best for their child.

Posted September 11, 2009

My daughter is in the 6th and she has 6 science projects for the year. She has hours of homework. As for the comment on learning by rote only......the math alone is critical and the girls on my street that are a grade or two higher can not do her math. The public schools rarely give homework. My daughter scored top 1% in SAT tests.

Posted August 3, 2009

My son went to RCS through graduation from High School, and he has turned out to be a fantastic, capable, highly moral man. He is now at the University of California, and doing quite well. RCS provided a very stable environment where he was able to excel. The sports program was wonderful, and the teachers were caring and supportive. It was worth every penny (and, you can do the math!) to protect our child from the influences in public schools. We will never regret it and will be eternally grateful.

Posted May 22, 2008

My daughter has attended this elementary schoo for three years. Overall it has been a positive experience. The teachers have been loving, caring, and knowledgeable. My area of concern is their philosophy of education. They emphasize through the ABEKA curriculum very low level thinking skills. It is basically recall only. They rarely do science experiments and virtually no hands on learning whatsover. It is read the book, answer the questions. This is not the best way for children to learn. I have very positive things to say about the school and staff in general and my child's character is much more Christ like being here then when in public school. That being said, they need to relook at the curriculum and not just choose curriculum because it is Christian based, but because it engages the learner to think, apply and synthesize information.

Posted May 22, 2008

RCS has an excellent elementary school but below average to poor middle school. My kids have attended RCS since kindergarten and the experience at the elementary level was great. The teachers were dedicated and very responsive to the students needs and accessible to the parents. Middle school has not been a good experience. It has been frustrating and a disappointment. Most of the teachers are evasive and difficult to contact. Some classes use old text books that are falling apart. The teachers always seem to be on the move and have little to no time for the parents. Now there are a few teachers that are professional and responsive to their students needs. I found these teachers to be mostly in the 6th grade. The middle school has very strict rules of conduct and they are enforced rigorously by the principal. So there is a sense of discipline and what one would imagine or want in a private school. Aside from that, though, the quality of education that one would expect from a private Christian school is absent.

Posted May 7, 2008

The middle school does not really provide Christ-like role modeling in my opinion. It is more a school that educates and adds a little God in the program, instead of a school that is centered on Christ in all ways. The middle school teachers don't pray with the kids on a regular basis, and they seem to allow secular entertainment in the school instead of teaching the kids to, 'Not love the world or the things in the world,' as the bible directs us in John. I want to find a more Christ centered school in town, but there really is no better choice in this area. Very sad, as middle school is the time these kids are really battling the world's influence. This school needs to bring in more true sold-out for Christ teachers, instead of the luke warm believers it has at this time.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

School start time
  • 7:45 am
School end time
  • 2:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • John Moran, Superintendent
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• College counselor(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)

• Drama

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer time after school