No rating

Riverside Christian Schools

Private | 8 | 1200 students

Living in Riverside

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted May 7, 2008

The middle school does not really provide Christ-like role modeling in my opinion. It is more a school that educates and adds a little God in the program, instead of a school that is centered on Christ in all ways. The middle school teachers don't pray with the kids on a regular basis, and they seem to allow secular entertainment in the school instead of teaching the kids to, 'Not love the world or the things in the world,' as the bible directs us in John. I want to find a more Christ centered school in town, but there really is no better choice in this area. Very sad, as middle school is the time these kids are really battling the world's influence. This school needs to bring in more true sold-out for Christ teachers, instead of the luke warm believers it has at this time.

Posted April 18, 2008

Regarding the 2-2-08 posting, my experience with RCMS has been the complete opposite. I would like to go into all the details, but I am only allowed 150 words. The bottom line is that RCMS has helped us to turn our troubled son completely around. The principal there has shown consistent love for him through Christ. Any discipline has been Christian based and is always geared toward teaching and restoration. He has gone from a failing student with behavorial problems, to an honor student with great citizenship. Personally, I mainly credit the principal for her outstanding leadership. She has made our son feel loved, respected and safe. The academic education he has received is outstanding! He is thriving there. The entire staff works together to provide an incredible environment for learning. I have always had immediate communication, and great results.

Posted April 5, 2008

I love this school, I have a 7th grade daughter and she has great friends and teachers and has had the best priciples since 4th grade. She has been so enriched spiritually and acadimically. I have to move about 45 min away but in no way plan on taking my child out.

Posted February 2, 2008

My son has attended this school for 9 years, starting in preschool, with a wonderful educational, spiritual, emotional ... experience I loved this school! Until... Middle school I am so disappointed the education he has experienced here. And the lack of response and accountability by the principle and staff!! My spirit is deflated and I am disappointed that I have to put my son public next year due the the lack of quality of education that we have/are experiencing now. I will also be sending my kindergartener to public so it won't be such a shock when he has go to public middle school I am so disappointed!!!!!

Posted October 14, 2007

My son went to this school from preschool to 1st grade. I absolutely would not recommend this school. Teachers have little to no compassion if your child is having difficulties. They are very quick to say ADD, instead of finding a way to improve a childs learning. Administration also backs up teachers and do not care about parent concerns. My only regret was not pulling my son out sooner.

Posted September 8, 2007

This school says it is a Christian school but they are more concerned with an advanced education than they are a Christian education. I recommend not sending your kids here if they are JUST average. They don't like average.

Posted September 2, 2007

The preschool is amazing with a terrific director and loving staff. The elementary school has amazing teachers who care about the students and want each child to be successful.

Posted June 5, 2007

Even though I would agree that the pre-school is excellent and the elementary has been a blessing, our son has attended the high school for two years and we are not happy. Discipline is a farce and the new administrator, although a nice man, does not seem to care what the students do.

Posted June 2, 2007

My son has attended RCS for the past seven years. We have found the teachers and administration to be helpful, loving, and caring. My son does have difficulties in some learning areas; however, with an understanding principal and a loving staff he has developed into a fine young man. My daughters attended another local Christian school and had a limited amount of care and concern. However, when I moved my youngest daughter to RCHS several years ago, the care, love, and education was top quality! She graduated from college with honors! I know my son will have the same experience!

Posted April 27, 2007

My daughter attended from 'K' almost through the 6th grade. Don't expect help if your child has emotional/behavioral issues. You will not receive it here. Child is now very happy in a public school with better amenities.

Posted February 22, 2007

I have been very pleased with RCS, as my daughter has attended since preschool. Teachers are great and very supportive towards the children and parents. I recommend this school to anyone who wants there child to have a blessed education

Posted February 20, 2007

My daughter went here for preschool and absolutely loved it! The teachers are very patient and loving. It has truly been a blessing for her to go there. I'm hoping my 3 yr old will be able to go there too!

Posted January 10, 2007

Riverside Christian provides a well rounded program involving academics, music, arts, sports and other extracurricular activities which are lacking in many other schools today. The level of teacher and parent involvement is phenomenal. I am thrilled to have my daughter attend this school for the overall balance that Riverside Christian provides.

Posted December 1, 2006

I have two children enrolled. A junior and a 6th grader. They have been here for four years. The teachers are exceptional, competent people who sincerely love the kids. I am very happy with the quality of the academics, there is a fair amount of sports and such, the security and care for the children is very good. Parents have alot of opportunity to participate, staff is sincerely interested in the student population and love in Christ is always a part of the day. I love each elementary teacher we have had but Mrs. Manning is a real jewel. She is hard but to the great benefit of the children and she really cares about the kids. Great school, growing too fast, lucky to be a part of it.

Posted April 23, 2006

Excellent quality academic program within a loving, caring Christian environment. The extracurricular activities are plentiful and the parent involvement is extremely high.

Posted February 9, 2006

My daughter attended riv christian her kindergarten year. We loved it. Unfortunately, we moved out of the area.

Posted February 8, 2006

I was not thrilled with the school. In my opinion it was not a kind and loving environment. Two of my friends and myself all pulled our children out of the school due to the lack of caring by the staff/principal. Our students complained about words/actions by other students that were very inappropriate and did not feel supported by the staff that they approached about these matters.

Posted August 14, 2005

My children have attended RCS for the last two years. I really have been impressed with their curriculum that they apply. My 3rd grader was required to learn an instrument while in other Christian schools this was not a requirement and I believe that this is great for all children to learn. They also offer.other programs past the third grade for them to participate. The Junior high area is wonderful and my 7th grader did a wonderful job at RCS. They do have a great program and the teachers at this school are great and really care about their students.

Posted April 9, 2005

I have been very happy with the teachers at Riverside Christian School. They are caring and supportive towards the students.

Posted November 14, 2004

Riverside Christian Schools has provided both a a sound academic and Christian education to our two children who have attended RCS elementary for four years, with our 3rd child (3 1/2 year old) enrolled in the pre-school program. My wife and I have found the administration to be very responsive to the students and parents needs, and the teachers are nothing short of outstanding. Like with any school that has seen it's student body enrollment grow considerably over the last few years, there are some minor growing pains. However, all in all the school has responded very well to this growth and we are quite pleased and very much blessed to have enrolled our children at RCS. As such, I would without hesitation, recommend RCS to any parent who is serious about obtaining for their children, a solid education in a Christian environment and with solid Christian principles.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

School start time
  • 7:45 am
School end time
  • 2:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • John Moran, Superintendent
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• College counselor(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)

• Drama

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer time after school