No rating

Riverside Christian Schools

Private | 8 | 1200 students

Living in Riverside

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,090.

Posted yesterday

When the leadership has made so many enemies that there is a "Not Allowed on Campus" list, there might be a problem! A former principal, a former board member, and at least 3 former parents all made the list! And these people don't randomly go on campus to create drama. Their kids now play sports at other Christian schools and when their game happens to be at RCS, these parents are being threatened by campus security on behalf of a coward hiding in his office - leave or we'll have you removed by police. I haven't been impressed by the leadership at RCS in quite some time, but now....I just find them disgusting!

Posted August 22, 2014

Used to be a good school. It's on life support now. My child took high school Spanish there for 2 yrs and didn't learn squat. I pulled him this year and put him in a far better college prep school. He took their Spanish class over the summer (the immersion method), he can now write, speak and read it. He has learned more in 6 courses over the summer than 2 yrs at RCS. The teachers are woefully underpaid but then a lot of them are not as skilled as in the better schools. The good thing about the teachers is that they do love the kids which is a blessing, but unfortunately does not make up for the questionable leadership now in place at the school. 5 or 6 board members have resigned in the past 3 yrs and some have taken their kids out which makes you wonder if they saw the titanic heading for the iceberg and got out before impact. I'm extremely pleased with my childs new school, it has rules, high standards and strong, teachers, leaders and programs. Tuition is double but you get what you pay for. The supt. that rescued RCS 3yrs ago has now killed it.

Posted July 25, 2014

Sad to see the school we love in rapid decline due to compromising, murky leadership. Too many details don't add up and accountability is non-existent. Contradictions found in communications coming straight from the top...makes me want to scream at the emails, "get your story straight!" So here are a few facts: 1) In one year the elementary school has seen nearly a 100% turnover of teachers. 2) In three years at least 6 board members have resigned, leaving them with only 3 board members currently. 3) Registration is at an all time low, dropping from 675+ (preschool thru 12th) in 2011-12 to less than 300 for the 2014-15 school year...now that's an underwhelming leadership resume!

Posted June 23, 2014

An alarming concern is that this school lacks proper administration, strong Christian leadership, and academic excellence. This school has shrunk in size over the last few years due to unstable leadership and administration. At the cost of academic excellence, the current administration, lacking in experience and education, continues to scramble to pull things back together jeopardizing the academic and spiritual future of our children.

Posted May 9, 2014

Love the school. Have three kids going there now. The teachers are great. Truly Christ centered. Have so many programs that nobody else offers, like 'Race for Space" engineering, Robotics, unbelievable Drama department and many more. Really hope we can pull together the new "Campus of the future" . What ever it is,as long as the spirit of the school alive, which is deep care for the kids and strive for excellence in spiritual and academic growth, we will support and follow the school.

Posted April 13, 2014

I have had my son at RCS since 7th grade and let me tell you myself as well as my wife is extremely picky and selective of where and with whom we leave our son with. We have no reservation when it comes to RCS. My son has grown spiritually and academically by leaps and bounds, this is because the staff is deeply involved in each child s development. I have to tell you, that even though the school is going through changes their focus and drive to the school of the future is a reality, while keeping Christ at the center and foremost. It is expected that when you are growing, the pains will come. As they in order to make an omelet you must crack some eggs. Over all I have seen and experienced that nothing supersedes the SAFETY, ACADEMIC, AND SPIRITUAL growth of each child.

Posted February 27, 2014

The elementary school should be greatly concerned. Yet another assistant principal hired at the secondary level, though the school is at it's lowest student enrollment in 10 years, and still no elementary principal hired. If I were an elementary parent being asked (and you will be asked!) to donate to RCS's "School of the Future" above and beyond my child's tuition, I'd pass. I'd be unsure as to whether or not those plans included my kid.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 26, 2014

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to remove my child from RCS. Despite promises from the superintendent that the school of the future will become a reality, I do not see that as a possibility in any way. With a deficit of 1.4M this school year and a claim of 2.2M in the bank, it leaves only 800K left to purchase land and build the campus. I hate to, but I must leave before the school is destroyed.

Posted December 21, 2013

Horrible school Poor quality teachers Horrible IPad Implementation Low SAT scores Low ACT scores No official parent-teacher conferences Too many changes, bad leadership

Posted November 8, 2013

We have both of our children in this school and I can tell you the impact of growth seen in them is amazing, academically and spiritually for preschool ages. The staff and teachers are great. Can't wait to see the new campus of the future.

Posted November 7, 2013

Gospel centered, mission driven, future oriented yet grounded in the present, technologically pushing forward, innovative thinking, seeking transformation in the lives of the next generation, are just some of the realities found at Riverside Christian Schools. Good is never enough and Riverside Christian fits that excellence motif, this is why my kids are their!

Posted November 6, 2013

I have been an employee at RCS for several years. My children have also attended RCS. The integration of technology and Biblical truths in the classroom is priceless. Myself and the other staff members support the vision of leadership. The students in the classroom are truly blessed on this campus.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 1, 2013

Riverside Christian Schools represents the future of education-not just Christian education but all education. A clear vision to innovate, transform, and explore is evident in all aspects of Riverside Christian life. Space programs, robotics, missions, and every other class prove this assertion. Good is never enough and great is the road to excellence-and this is the philosophical presupposition of all that is taking place at this unique school of the future (The campus of the future is just an acknowledgement of who we already are). Continually aiming at influencing the culture for the sake of Christ and the furthering of the Kingdom of God is the end to which Riverside Christian exists. For this reason Riverside Christian Schools is the place for my kids and I highly recommend it for yours.

Posted November 1, 2013

I ve never been more please as a parent with a school than I am with Riverside Christian Schools. The teachers both display Christ and are highly qualified to teach the subject matter. The student body readily accepted my child and an overall family environment pervades the school. Plenty of activities exist-race for space, missions, and robotics is but the tip of the ice-burg and I encourage all parents to consider Riverside Christian Schools for their kids.

Posted October 21, 2013

The school does not deliver what it promises. It promises to "explore, innovate, and transform." It promises to teach our children to be critical thinkers, so they can think and analyze and think for themselves. This is not what is being modeled here. Any strong leadership that used these skills were terminated or were not offered new contracts (majority of the staff). The remaining lower leadership are "yes" people to the upper leadership. If you're looking at the school, look closely. Look at the biographies of the remaining staff. There are a few rockstars, but most are inexperienced. Stay away.

Posted August 5, 2013

My daughter attended the preschool and had an amazing time! I noticed changes made... However I wasn't affected by the changes. There were informative emails sent out and I thought it was professional. The Preschool is a loving nurturing place. Mrs. Gore the preschool principal is the heart of the school, loving and firm. Just the the way I like it. The school has taken measures in recent incidents to have a armed guard and I love that our kids have extra protection. I am not sure if my family will continue ...but only for economic reasons. I loved this school and my daughter loved it most of all!

Posted July 14, 2013

My son currently goes to Riverside Christian High School. There have been many changes in the last two years. To make way for RCS's future, land had to be sold and staff changes had to be made. None of the changes could have been easy. I look forward to what the Lord has planned for RCS.

Posted July 11, 2013

Riverside Christian is an outstanding school system. My children benefit from many programs and activities that can only be found in our region at RCS. The leadership that is in place is charting a course to provide for our children's finest future, and all in a setting that intentionally places Christ at the center of the educational experience. The academic program allows for many differences in learning styles and abilities, including considerations for students who have learning challenges, and there are few Christian schools in our area that admit such students. The school is biblically-minded and forward-thinking. It is moving ahead in huge ways for our kids, like the 1:1 iPad program for kids in middle school and high school next year, the space station program, a new robotics program, dance, missions, athletics including football, and a great plan for a new campus which we need. RCS has great kids and parents, committed and dedicated and qualified teachers, and principals and staff members who lead with faith and conviction. The superintendent is providing the vision and leadership needed to enable the school - God's school - and our kids to grow together. We love RCS.

Posted July 7, 2013

I had my daughter in RCS since middle school (7th grade).She loved everything about RCS during that time.Then we found out her middle school was for sale,that made me wonder of RCS future,yet the tuition was increasing.Ive seen and heard alot of changes with a new superintendent in the past two years,now the latest news almost a dozen staff are gone.What does this tell me about the future of RCS,my childs education now that shes in high school.My daughter during her 9th grade year told me she felt her teachers werent really teaching her what she wanted to know,at times she had different teachers or she had to pretty much teach herself. feel the school has lost that family feeling since the new superintendent and all changes.They should let the parents vote on the changes since we are the ones who pay...

Posted July 3, 2013

My husband and I have had our three children enrolled in the Riverside Christian School system from the time each child was of preschool age. Over the past four years our children have been taught by loving teachers who have used a Christian curriculum. It is important to my husband and I that our children receive a Christ centered education. I also enjoy the after school programs, which include choir, piano, Kung Fu, ballet and much more. As a working parent I find comfort in knowing that my children are safe, loved, encouraged, a high academic standard is in place, and after school enrichment is offered. I would recommend RCS to any parent!

Asian or Pacific Islander 7% 11%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
College counselor(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Math specialist(s)

School start time
  • 7:45 am
School end time
  • 2:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • John Moran, Superintendent
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• College counselor(s)
  • Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)

• Drama

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer time after school