PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am wondering if the people that posted positive reviews in March of last year would still say the same thing as of March of this year. My experience has been that I was all for the change that would be happening when it was first announced that Carnegie would be INVESTING in this school. From the perspective of this employee the progress seems to come at a price that is we like it or lump it. I was actively encouraged to seek out credential programs that are not only expensive after accumulating a mountain of student loan debt for a bachelor's degree and a masters degree in the hopes of being hired as the teacher for the classes that I was already long term subbing for. I would gladly go to that expense because I had already established working relationships with the majority of my students and wanted to see the best education for all of them. The subterfuge that was taking place was that while I was attempting to gain the credential that was required, Carnegie was actively interviewing my replacement. I am in process on my credential, but if you were in my position would you want to apply to Carnegie? Once I have gained my credential what is to stop me from taking my time to find the most trustworthy institution to work for? Part of the education that I received in both my bachelors and masters degrees recommends that you research the top five companies that fit your personal parameters rather than simply applying for everything that the field has to offer. After graduating with my bachelors, Riverside Christian Schools was my dream career. Carnegie will likely make my list, but it is simply because I am already working here.

Carnegie is amassing. I wish they had come sooner so my first son could have had the great education my younger two are now getting. My son will be taking classes from Harvard this fall, while attending Carnegie christian school. That is so awesome for him and that's just one improvement that Carnegie brings. God bless these people!

I think it's unfortunate that someone would write there is so much secrecy and have a negative attitude during a time of positive transition for RCS to Carnegie. I've attending the town hall meetings they've held so far and they don't seem to be hiding anything. There aren't anymore crazy promises and it seems when they don't know the answer they tell us. We are finally getting answers and see the improvements RCS promised and never made good to us. My son is finally excited to join a sports team (football) and be engaged in the school. I have another son in the sixth grade class and after some bumps earlier this year, we feel like the new teacher is fabulous and a stable choice.

RCS has been such a blessing for my family. We have a daughter in 11th grade and have been there two years now. Since the change to Carnegie I can already see a lot happening on the campus. My daughter was able to take electives never offered before and is even planning to take UC Berkeley class offered at Carnegie next semester. I think they have brought in at least 3 new teachers since the start of the semester. I got a call from admissions this weekend to ask about my experience so far and they've held a few parent meetings with the head of Carnegie. So far-what a breath of fresh air!

The amount of secrecy and dysfunction is staggering. Parents are required to sign a "no gossip" agreement, but are not told what is really going on. Last week, the sixth grade teacher resigned immediately. This week the superintendent agreed to part ways effective immediately. Today parents were informed of a significant increase in tuition. My hope is that the new school who bought RCS and will now be Carnegie, will be blessed with a healthier environment. I noticed that nearly every position at RCS is open for application. They haven't had the stability of same teaching staff staying more than a year, in some instances two and very rarely more. We came to this school with so much hope and leave with questions, without answers. Do not recommend at this point.

I love this school! All the teachers are dedicated to their work. They are all works together, make a amazing team. They knew each of their students need, even at the lunch break, all the teacher was talking about how to help students to improve. Specially the ISP program, all the international students feel they are belong to there, and get along with local students very well.

Went to RCS (Kindergarten-12th grade). People either love it or hate it, no in between. Pre-2010 RCS was undeniably better. There's been a struggle for power amongst the administration (NOT teachers) that has ruined the school. Pros: Teachers are kind/connect with students and encourage them & help with anything. The bonds you create as a student with your teachers were the greatest part of RCS to me. I made life-long mentors there that I can freely engage in fellowship with to this day At it's best there can be a great sense of community Active alumni group iPad-curriculum integration Cons: Administration will skew the truth, is cut-throat and will get rid of anyone who disagrees with them (I personally witnessed this repeatedly as a STUDENT... how professional) Less sports (No football/baseball/golf) (Many great coaches are also gone now - either fired or resigned) Math classes were useless until they got Mrs. Mooney, I got B's and A's until she arrived and to her horror everyone failed the first semester of Pre-Calculus. Nobody was actually learning anything. That haunted me in my SAT scores and post-graduation. Same goes for history/gov/economics classes

I absolutely love the atmosphere at RCS. There are incredible teachers to work with and I delight in coming to work everyday.

Students use I pads for their studies, NASA Space Center projects, Robotics program, excellent music programs, accept and works with autistic students and international students.

Great family situation. Students from China make school even better. I had three grandsons graduate from school

Last modified Riverside Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12