Posted January 28, 2015
Be warned! The Leadership at the school will tell you that they are relocating to a great new campus. Go see it for yourself! It's cramped and greatly lacking the resources needed to provide even a mediocre educational experience. Then he'll tell you they have a letter of intent from an investor to build a "school of the future" ready to move in to by Fall 2018. Ask to see it! The very first rule of a great politician is to avoid the concrete promises and cultivate the delightfully vague. Problem is your Christian school leaders aren't supposed to be politicians!
12 people found this helpful

Posted January 10, 2015
We left this school and never looked back. Our children are now behind academically and we couldn't be more disappointed after years and years of paying tuition. We have zero trust in leadership including the superintendent! Do your research before enrolling your children.

Posted January 08, 2015
DONT DO IT! Many of us left in 2014. Some of our kids are in college prep schools. My son was admitted based on his RCS GPA. What a crock. RCS GPA's mean nothing in a real school. Our kids had 3.5 and better @ RCS now they're working like the dickens to maintain B's & C's. Kids who graduated in 2014 with RCS honors and got accepted at UC's are finding themselves struggling. My son said he feels like RCS didn't teach him a thing. Damn shame. I could kick myself for staying so long. My research showed me that one of their teachers only exp was teaching sunday school. Teach them Christ at home to cover the Christian elements of life. May have been great at one time but its a sham now.
23 people found this helpful

Posted November 06, 2014
I have seen RCS go through some ups and downs in my time at and around the school but it seems as though things are as good as they have ever been right now. Enrollment is still down but what is left is a group of kids who love Jesus and are interested in bettering themselves. The staff and the administration is also much stronger now than any time in recent memory. There has been so much negativity and rumors but I believe God is really blessing the school and its families right now!
9 people found this helpful

Posted October 23, 2014
When the leadership has made so many enemies that there is a "Not Allowed on Campus" list, there might be a problem! A former principal, a former board member, and at least 3 former parents all made the list! And these people don't randomly go on campus to create drama. Their kids now play sports at other Christian schools and when their game happens to be at RCS, these parents are being threatened by campus security on behalf of a coward hiding in his office - leave or we'll have you removed by police. I haven't been impressed by the leadership at RCS in quite some time, but now....I just find them disgusting!
25 people found this helpful

Posted July 25, 2014
Sad to see the school we love in rapid decline due to compromising, murky leadership. Too many details don't add up and accountability is non-existent. Contradictions found in communications coming straight from the top...makes me want to scream at the emails, "get your story straight!" So here are a few facts: 1) In one year the elementary school has seen nearly a 100% turnover of teachers. 2) In three years at least 6 board members have resigned, leaving them with only 3 board members currently. 3) Registration is at an all time low, dropping from 675+ (preschool thru 12th) in 2011-12 to less than 300 for the 2014-15 school year...now that's an underwhelming leadership resume!

Posted June 23, 2014
An alarming concern is that this school lacks proper administration, strong Christian leadership, and academic excellence. This school has shrunk in size over the last few years due to unstable leadership and administration. At the cost of academic excellence, the current administration, lacking in experience and education, continues to scramble to pull things back together jeopardizing the academic and spiritual future of our children.

Posted May 09, 2014
Love the school. Have three kids going there now. The teachers are great. Truly Christ centered. Have so many programs that nobody else offers, like 'Race for Space" engineering, Robotics, unbelievable Drama department and many more. Really hope we can pull together the new "Campus of the future" . What ever it is,as long as the spirit of the school alive, which is deep care for the kids and strive for excellence in spiritual and academic growth, we will support and follow the school.
9 people found this helpful

Posted April 13, 2014
I have had my son at RCS since 7th grade and let me tell you myself as well as my wife is extremely picky and selective of where and with whom we leave our son with. We have no reservation when it comes to RCS. My son has grown spiritually and academically by leaps and bounds, this is because the staff is deeply involved in each child s development. I have to tell you, that even though the school is going through changes their focus and drive to the school of the future is a reality, while keeping Christ at the center and foremost. It is expected that when you are growing, the pains will come. As they in order to make an omelet you must crack some eggs. Over all I have seen and experienced that nothing supersedes the SAFETY, ACADEMIC, AND SPIRITUAL growth of each child.
7 people found this helpful

Posted February 27, 2014
The elementary school should be greatly concerned. Yet another assistant principal hired at the secondary level, though the school is at it's lowest student enrollment in 10 years, and still no elementary principal hired. If I were an elementary parent being asked (and you will be asked!) to donate to RCS's "School of the Future" above and beyond my child's tuition, I'd pass. I'd be unsure as to whether or not those plans included my kid.
14 people found this helpful

Riverside Christian Schools
3532 Monroe Street, Riverside, CA  92504
Last modified Riverside Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grade 8
Riverside Christian Schools Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 73 reviews. Top