Posted November 06, 2014
I have seen RCS go through some ups and downs in my time at and around the school but it seems as though things are as good as they have ever been right now. Enrollment is still down but what is left is a group of kids who love Jesus and are interested in bettering themselves. The staff and the administration is also much stronger now than any time in recent memory. There has been so much negativity and rumors but I believe God is really blessing the school and its families right now!

Posted October 23, 2014
When the leadership has made so many enemies that there is a "Not Allowed on Campus" list, there might be a problem! A former principal, a former board member, and at least 3 former parents all made the list! And these people don't randomly go on campus to create drama. Their kids now play sports at other Christian schools and when their game happens to be at RCS, these parents are being threatened by campus security on behalf of a coward hiding in his office - leave or we'll have you removed by police. I haven't been impressed by the leadership at RCS in quite some time, but now....I just find them disgusting!
3 people found this helpful

Riverside Christian Schools 2

Posted August 22, 2014
Used to be a good school. It's on life support now. My child took high school Spanish there for 2 yrs and didn't learn squat. I pulled him this year and put him in a far better college prep school. He took their Spanish class over the summer (the immersion method), he can now write, speak and read it. He has learned more in 6 courses over the summer than 2 yrs at RCS. The teachers are woefully underpaid but then a lot of them are not as skilled as in the better schools. The good thing about the teachers is that they do love the kids which is a blessing, but unfortunately does not make up for the questionable leadership now in place at the school. 5 or 6 board members have resigned in the past 3 yrs and some have taken their kids out which makes you wonder if they saw the titanic heading for the iceberg and got out before impact. I'm extremely pleased with my childs new school, it has rules, high standards and strong, teachers, leaders and programs. Tuition is double but you get what you pay for. The supt. that rescued RCS 3yrs ago has now killed it.

Posted July 25, 2014
Sad to see the school we love in rapid decline due to compromising, murky leadership. Too many details don't add up and accountability is non-existent. Contradictions found in communications coming straight from the top...makes me want to scream at the emails, "get your story straight!" So here are a few facts: 1) In one year the elementary school has seen nearly a 100% turnover of teachers. 2) In three years at least 6 board members have resigned, leaving them with only 3 board members currently. 3) Registration is at an all time low, dropping from 675+ (preschool thru 12th) in 2011-12 to less than 300 for the 2014-15 school year...now that's an underwhelming leadership resume!

Posted June 23, 2014
An alarming concern is that this school lacks proper administration, strong Christian leadership, and academic excellence. This school has shrunk in size over the last few years due to unstable leadership and administration. At the cost of academic excellence, the current administration, lacking in experience and education, continues to scramble to pull things back together jeopardizing the academic and spiritual future of our children.

Posted May 09, 2014
Love the school. Have three kids going there now. The teachers are great. Truly Christ centered. Have so many programs that nobody else offers, like 'Race for Space" engineering, Robotics, unbelievable Drama department and many more. Really hope we can pull together the new "Campus of the future" . What ever it is,as long as the spirit of the school alive, which is deep care for the kids and strive for excellence in spiritual and academic growth, we will support and follow the school.

Posted April 13, 2014
I have had my son at RCS since 7th grade and let me tell you myself as well as my wife is extremely picky and selective of where and with whom we leave our son with. We have no reservation when it comes to RCS. My son has grown spiritually and academically by leaps and bounds, this is because the staff is deeply involved in each child s development. I have to tell you, that even though the school is going through changes their focus and drive to the school of the future is a reality, while keeping Christ at the center and foremost. It is expected that when you are growing, the pains will come. As they in order to make an omelet you must crack some eggs. Over all I have seen and experienced that nothing supersedes the SAFETY, ACADEMIC, AND SPIRITUAL growth of each child.

Posted February 27, 2014
The elementary school should be greatly concerned. Yet another assistant principal hired at the secondary level, though the school is at it's lowest student enrollment in 10 years, and still no elementary principal hired. If I were an elementary parent being asked (and you will be asked!) to donate to RCS's "School of the Future" above and beyond my child's tuition, I'd pass. I'd be unsure as to whether or not those plans included my kid.

Posted February 26, 2014
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to remove my child from RCS. Despite promises from the superintendent that the school of the future will become a reality, I do not see that as a possibility in any way. With a deficit of 1.4M this school year and a claim of 2.2M in the bank, it leaves only 800K left to purchase land and build the campus. I hate to, but I must leave before the school is destroyed.

Posted December 21, 2013
Horrible school Poor quality teachers Horrible IPad Implementation Low SAT scores Low ACT scores No official parent-teacher conferences Too many changes, bad leadership

Riverside Christian Schools
3532 Monroe Street, Riverside, CA  92504
Last modified Riverside Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grade 8
Riverside Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top