K-4|Private

Bad
Good

After searching for schools that would assist with Potty Training (my niece is 2 and is nearly there) my sister enrolled her at the Riverside Montessori Academy. I'll start this review by stating that if I could give this place negative stars, I would. Second, I am very close to my niece. I have her once a week and see her several time throughout the week so i feel comfortable giving this review. First off, she began to display some violent behavior. Grabbing wrists and telling my son "you're in really BIG trouble!!" She started to display some very uncharacteristic separation anxiety and generally just was not her normal cheerful self. Second, The school claimed that she had "accidents" that resulted in her wetting through her pants and all the way down to her socks and shoes - but how could that be if she was in a pull up? Obvious Neglect. But my sister was gracious and understood that sometimes things get hectic with kids and gave the school and teachers the benefit of the doubt. Third, every time someone went to pick her up the teachers would rush the child back and change them, EVERY TIME. It really seemed like they were trying to hide the fact that they were neglecting to help train the children. Fourth, at the trunk or treat it became clear that the teachers were borderline bullying the children. We completely expect a teacher to be in control of his or her classroom, we expect there to be rules and consequences for breaking the rules, but they were actually belittling them. Fifth, and this is the most serious accusation i have against them. On November 2nd our mother picked her up from the school and found red marks on her chest (looking like finger marks from poking) When asked about what happened she immediately teared up and said "the teacher oweeyyyy me" My sister immediately went to the school and demanded to know what happened. The owners daughter was rude, unapologetic, refused to offer any kind of explanation AND then said "we have never ever had a complaint" She was so defensive it just screamed guilt. Thankfully my sister is an advocate for her daughter, she was immediately pulled out. This place is horrible. Children are meant to be treasured, working parents are entrusting this awful institution with their most beloved and are being betrayed.

My son has been at Montessori since he was 4 years old. He is now 7 and will start 2nd grade there next week. The teachers are amazing with the children, very caring. The one on one the students receive really has an impact on their ability to excel. I would highly recommend this school to any parent wanting their child to achieve an excellent education. The principal is amazing with parents and students as well. FIVE STARS *****

My son loved this school. The teachers and principal are kind and caring but have high standards. Since it is a small campus and small class size, there is a emphasis on community and a closeness that my son will remember the rest of his life. He was well prepared to move on to higher grades. The playground facilities and the instructional materials could use some updating but overall, I would recommed this school to anyone. Also, the tuition costs are reasonable and after school care is excellent. Just wished it was a larger campus and went through 6th grade.

Last modified Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-4