No rating

Riverside Christian Day School

Private | K-6 | 399 students

Student diversity

Living in Riverside

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $225,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,070.

Posted August 28, 2012

I am so thankful for the education and tender loving care my two children received at this school. The love of Christ is truly evident in every teacher, staff member, and principal. They truly care for all those who have been entrusted to them each year and do all they can to help each child succeed.

Posted July 16, 2012

I have two children at RCDS. They have had wonderful teachers who care for them personally as well as their academics. They are receiving an outstanding education as well as training in Christ-like character. It is a friendly place that feels like a family, the principal even knows every student's name. I can not tell you how blessed we are to be at this school!

Posted July 15, 2012

This schools is filled with so much favortism and is very clicky it amazes me. It would be astonishing if the principal actually said hi to you. I feel that parents pay alot of money for a great education for their children and they should be receiving the extra help from the teachers when they struggle not left behind just to stay behind each and every year. I don't want to forget that one certain teacher is always judgemental and extremely harsh with the children and really needs to look for a different job, then my would she the principal allows it :(.

Posted June 24, 2012

We love this school! Our children not only receive an amazing academic edge here, but character is emphasized and nurtured as well. Their curriculum is Christ centered and top notch giving our kids a well rounded education. The teachers are caring show a genuine love for the kids while skillfully guiding them in God's word to become the best they can be.

Posted January 4, 2012

We had to pull our son out of RCDS because of a bullying situation that was never handled. The principal seemed to be on top of everything when we first started school, but then we found that many situations were too difficult to handle. We felt very out of place when volunteering our time. We weren't welcomed and actually felt in the way. It may be a fit for some, but not our children.

Posted September 5, 2011

We couldn't ask for anything more in a school. Our daughter has grown so much, thanks to the excellent teachers and amazing principal.

Posted March 10, 2011

If your child doesn't get on the train, your child will be left behind. The principal is great when everything is going fine, but is incapable of appropriately handling difficult situations. Whether the problem is students, staff or parents, you can rest assured it will be minimally addressed. Employees are encouraged to sweep issues under the rug and one particular teacher has no problem at all judging parents and displaying complete disdain and disregard for their concerns. Oh, and you'll pay top dollar for a 30+:1 student-teacher ratio.

Posted May 20, 2010

This school is amazing! A true investment for our children's future with a solid foundation in Christ.

Posted December 19, 2009

This is one of the best schools I've visited and my children have excelled in a well rounded and challenging curriculum. The teachers are nurturing and great role models for the students who perform at least a year above that of their public school peers. the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming like an extended family and creates a good Christ-centered lifestyle

Posted December 8, 2009

I love this school! RCDS is the best place I could have my children go to school. The entire staff is very patient, very God oriented. Discipline is uniform and fair. The staff is awesome! They are very caring & loving to all of the children. I have three children attending and they look forward to going to school each day!

Posted November 11, 2009

I am a parent of 2 children that went to this school for 4 years... This school was a disappointment to our family. I feel this school is a good school for children that are blessed with extreme above average intelligence. I feel that the children who are not...easily slip through the cracks. Our children were having a hard time keeping up with the overwhelming amount of work to be done. The other huge draw back to this school is the size of each class. There is no 'one on one' time for any child. Children who might need a little extra help learning something are left behind. Once they fall behind the school claims that your child may have a learning disability, and insists that they are placed into a special program that will cost an additional $3,000.00 over and above the normal tuition.

Posted September 2, 2009

This is truly a wonderful school. My daughter was an over achiever until she went to high school. Our public high school was over crowded and teachers were over worked. The atmosphere was grim and discouraging. At Riverside Christian it s another world, she is excited and looking forward to school again. The teachers care about our students and it shows. Riverside Christian has been a blessing to our family.

Posted May 27, 2009

Very demanding academic standards! Very caring staff and excellent teachers. Very organized and safe-environment. Parent involvement is encouraged. Excellent, excellent school. My son has been 3 years in this school and each day I am more amazed at the quality of the curriculum and higher standards that are required. It truly is a wise investment in your child's present and future.

Posted January 25, 2009

My daughter is receiving the best in christian education. The teachers and staff are all so loving and supportive of each child and pass that support onto the whole school environment!

Posted January 31, 2008

Great school! Wonderful foundation for our children. Three daughters have already gone through the elementary school and graduated from the WCS high school. One more daughter still attending elementary with plans to follow on into high school. I have been part of the school system myself K-12 and even worked on staff for 7 years. The school(s) strive to provide a Christ Centered Academic Environment for the children. My older daughters were well prepared for high school and college upon completion.

Posted February 22, 2007

This is my son's first year at this school and we are very happy with this school! The principal is wonderful! My son couldn't believe she remembered his name on the first day of school! They really care about the children.

Posted February 21, 2007

My daughter attended this school from 3rd - 6th grade. The principle is amazing. She really cares for your children individually. The academics are college prep (yes...even in elementary). My daughter is now in Woodcrest Christian (which is the Jr. High & High School that is affiliated with RCDS). It was a complete blessing to be able to have my daughter at such a safe & academically sound school.

Posted August 3, 2006

This school has been a blessing to my entire family. The principal and staff really care about your children and they become extended family. We will miss this school, but it will forever be in our hearts. T. Birkes

Posted January 30, 2006

Fabulous School. Teachers and caring and academics is above what I had desired.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 24, 2006

Small campus. Very safe. Chanllangeing cirriculum. Excellant school!

• Miss Laurie Leach
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious