Riverside, CA

Posted May 29, 2015
Words cannot describe how amazing RCDS is. From our first experience to everyday after the staff's true hearts have shown. When we were waiting to take our initial tour we were amazed by the kindness and genuine care the office staff and the parking attendants greeted each and every student with. They knew the student's names, gave them friendly hellos and asked them questions about their families or how their day was going. During the tour a parent asked why she should choose RCDS and the principal Ms. Leach, did not try "sell" her on the school. She advised the parent to visit as many schools as possible and pray on it, then choose according to where she feels God is leading her. She could have said anything to get that parent's tuition money but she advised her to follow God's will, showing that is important in her own life and that God's plan for each student was more important than money for the school. I was blown away when in the first week the principal not only knew my name, but who my daughter was and her name as well. I had only meet her one other time before. I cannot think of one other school where the principal knows every student's name and what family they belong to. Some may argue it is a small school, but I know I could never learn the names of 400 plus students. I was afraid discipline would be too strict at a private school, but I have observed time and time again that discipline is fair, patient, appropriate, stern and loving with a lesson in God's love every time. The teachers are kind, professional, welcoming and beyond patient. The behavioral and academic expectations of the students are very age appropriate. They lovingly help each student be the best little person they can be with God always at the center. If a child is struggling academically, the teacher's doors are always opened during free times and they communicate with the parents as well with what their child may need extra help in. Furthermore, there is tutoring available that is offered during the student's free time throughout the school day effectively not taking any family time after school. Daycare is offered before and after school for a small fee per family where the kids are loved, do projects and fellowship in a safe, familiar and loving environment. God's love shines through the entire staff at RCDS and I thank Him everyday that my family can be part of it.

Posted May 29, 2015
My family and I have thanked God everyday for RCDS. In today's world, I am so grateful to send my children to a place where they are not another student, but part of Gods family. They are truly loved and cared for there.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 29, 2015
The teachers are kind, loving, very professional but welcoming as well. They show a true love and understanding of each student

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 29, 2015
The homework is perfect for each grade level. Always challenging enough but never too much or a burden.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
Students are appropriately challenged and encouraged not to give up. The teachers open their doors when extra help is needed and when that is not enough, tutoring is also available.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
All students are taught to respect and care for each other. Disagreements are solved in a caring God centered way. The students are treated with respect and patience in turn teaching them respect.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 29, 2015
RCDS promotes kindness from day one. It is not only shown through the principal's, teacher's and staffs' actions towards each other the students and their families, but it is rewarded and encouraged in the students everyday. Whenever a student is absent, the class prays for that student. When the student returns, all the staff noticed they were absent and shows genuine happiness on their return. This in turn teaches the student compassion.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
RCDS teaches students to put God first, others second and themselves last. What an amazing, wonderful way to teach our children to love and treat each other! How wonderful our world would be if everyone could follow this model.

Posted May 05, 2015
Of all the schools we visited and toured, this is by far the best we saw. The children there are amazing and the curriculum is strong, challenging and well rounded. The teachers are nurturing and teach character building skills as well as they do academics. The students perform at least a year above that of their public school peers. They had a great family feel and all the academics and activities were Christ-centered. We signed our children up on the spot and we have been beyond happy with our decision. It is a GREAT school
3 people found this helpful

Posted May 05, 2015
This school is truly amazing, with a dual focus on advancing academic excellence and building Christ-like character. My children have grown so much in both areas during their time here. It is also easy to compare their school work to the work of students at other schools and see how much more advanced they have become. They also learn responsibility and kindness. Thank you so much RCDS

3612 Arlington Avenue, Riverside, CA  92506
Last modified Riverside Christian Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Riverside Christian Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top