K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

I feel like the principals do not care when ever i address a problem that is a big deal for example someone stole my money from my bag during school hours a few weeks ago and i still haven't gotten an update about it. Its really annoying and is obvious they aren't going to do anything. Its not the first time i address a problem and it just gets brushed off. Its not cutting it for me and I feel like its just pointless to even tell them honestly. Stealing isn't right, so please advocate it.

I am not the only student at this school has gotten there things stolen, honestly it doesn't matter what kind of school you go to there will be people that will steal your things. A friend and I almost a month ago got are money taken out of are backpacks. my friend and i were really sad about it and mad so i told the principals there both of them and nothing has happend since then. I haven't gotten any updates. Its very upsetting!! its not cool, they can do something about and they haven't told me anything. So i guess to them its no big deal. This kind of issue will just keep happening like it has with other people i know.

No comment.. It is kind of pricey but over all it's ok. We will it out for one more year

I have been attending La Sierra Academy since Kindergarten and I am currently a senior here. This school has done nothing but amazed me throughout the years I have been here. I have strived above and beyond academically and spiritually. I love the programs this school offers although it lacks some sports such as; football, water polo, and wrestling. However I will still give my school 5 stars for everything else they do offer. I would highly suggest this school for anyone looking for a school that will challenge them and help them succeed. It is a small school so you don't have to worry about being left at the end of the line for help and that's another huge plus to this school as opposed to Loma Linda Academy and other public schools. Overall this school has gone above and beyond my expectations and I think anyone willing to put in the work will also enjoy this school and the future they will receive from it as much as I do.

This school is wonderful. Teachers are all very caring. I feel like my children are safe here. Warm and welcoming environment. You won't feel like you are one out of a million coming here.

Our son is now a senior at LSA and has been attending since 2nd grade. We have already received over 7 college admission offers. Teachers are challenging, professional, caring and knowledgable. The entire staff is great and especially the business office. He has made great friendships with quality young adults with good morals. We are pleased with his grades, test scores and school support!

I love this school because they care about their students academically, physically, spritually and emotionally. They took all safety measures to make sure our kids are secure. The staff, teachers and their assistance are very very hard workers. The kids learn in a truely fun and loving environment. Whether the child is strong and need little help or the child is shy or has any type of problem all thrive and do their best.

My two girls have enjoyed their experience at La Sierra Academy. Both started in elementary and had teachers who cared deeply for their academic development. The oldest recently received a large scholarship to a university because of her achievements at LSA. Because of her solid educational experience in the elementary she soared once she entered junior high and high school. The youngest is well on her way to duplicate the high acievement of her sister. My wife and I could not be happier for the educational experience we have had at this school.

Although a student comment discusses lack of advising regarding public colleges, it is the Adventist Conference that mandates what colleges may be promoted, not LSA. Secondly, I sent my three children there for the Christian atmosphere and a high school where there aren't 1500 other bodies vying for the attention of teachers. Thirdly, although students may not feel 'challenged', there are outside venues they can participate in to boost their academic portfolio--i.e. college classes at La Sierra University. As for the sports, they have soccer, volleyball, softball, baseball, track, cross country and basketball. Many options for many students. La Sierra Academy was the best choice for my choice for my children. (My husband and I are both in public education.)

If I were a parent, I would be comfortable sending my child to this school for Elementary and maybe Junior High. However, for high school, I would not. I am a high school student at this school currently. The reason for this is LSA does not seize or embrace many of the activities and positive changes it could make as a Christian school. For all the positive sounding things the faculty say, they really do nothing. They just try to regulate the school. They do not do a very good job with college advising. Although they meet the requirements for the UC system, they do not really encourage students to strive for bigger secular school but are biased towards the Adventist universities.

Last modified La Sierra Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12