Posted October 30, 2014
My daughter has an amazing teacher. I could not have gotten better but this school has a problem with its staff. I have taught my daughter about respecting and treating other people well. This school has a real problem with adults/staff treating children with complete rudeness and disrespect. It is pathetic to see people in rolls where they lead our children turn around and treat those children so poorly. Office staff, yard duties, TAs you name it my child has told me some stories about how poorly she has been treated. I never see these people smile at the children or say anything kind. It is unfortunate that there is an environment of seemingly rude unhappy people working at this school. After this year I will be moving my child. Her teacher is a heaven sent angel but I expect she is a rare bird here from what I have seen and heard. I wish these adults could see themselves through an outsiders eyes when they treat children poorly because they think they can get away with it. Weak, immature, pathetic human beings is how most people see them. Sad.

Posted October 28, 2012
My daughter has been at this school for two years now and has been so successful! The teachers have done everything they can to make sure she is achieving - at her level, making accommodations to really help her! I LOVE the Leader In Me Program, a character education program that goes beyond test scores! Let's be real, test scores are good but having a child learn responsibility and leadership...so much more valuable in today's society!! Absolutely agree with the goals of this school! The Parent/Teacher Club is fabulous! The staff is friendly and helpful. The principal is fair and friendly. No school is perfect, but this school is doing a great job at having the students (my daughter) feel included and important! She loves being a Twin Oaks Leader!

Posted August 28, 2012
Twin Oaks seems to be a pretty good environment. Most of the teachers we've encountered thus far would make any parent happy. They seemingly care about the kids and make the effort to engage parents, etc. I do have to say the parking lot is something out of a third world country. People sitting in red zone areas... or just sitting in the middle of the road while blocking everyone else. They seriously need to start enforcing basic rules of engagement here. At some point a child is going to get hurt or a soccer mom is going to go ballistic.

Posted January 24, 2011
We're pretty happy overall but quite dissatisfied with our child's teacher in particular. Of the 3 handling his grade, we obviously drew the short straw. Have to say the principal seems very dialed in and the overall structure and organization of the campus is fairly solid. The office staff is also pretty solid and my kids are happy here. Specifically, they seem to do a great job of creating a healthy, respectful attitude towards all kids. There isn't the mean spirited treatment I've seen at other schools... and even experienced myself as a child. Gripes would include our teacher's inability to stay organized herself... including a failure to post updated grades (online) for a period of 2 months! It's 2011, folks, can't have that. In general, it's clear the remaining 2 instructors are far more adept at coursework at this level. I also think there's a laxed attitude that won't sufficiently prepare our child for middle school... at least in my child's classroom.

Posted February 11, 2010

Posted October 03, 2008
We love Twin Oaks! New to the school this year, my 2nd grader is super happy, challenged and engaged! I love the fact that each child is assessed and placed at their appropriate level in the different subjects. We came from a montessori school for the last 3 years and are thrilled with the balance Twin Oaks practices! The faculty is well organized and truly love the kids! Teaching is about passion and this school has it!

Posted June 10, 2008
This school has been such a dissappointment. We moved to the Rocklin area because we have heard such great things about the school district. My son has attended Twin Oaks for two years and it has been one failure after another. The first year he had 5 minutes of homework a night as a 4th grader. He never came home with graded work, their science program didn't even start until half way through the year. This year has been no better. He has been assigned homework, however, it was ditto after ditto of busy work. My child came home feeling as if he didn't have a voice in his class. I was very disappointed in the reaction of the principal. After meeting with her and the teacher several times I would feel like my child's needs would be addressed but never were.

Posted December 30, 2007

Posted April 10, 2006
I used to work for this school and it has a great staff. They are very good about the teacher to child ratio.

Posted August 13, 2004
Twin Oaks is an excellent school with a principal and staff dedicated to putting student's academic, social and emotional development first! They provide a positive, nurturing and safe environment for the students to learn and develop as a whole. Students are recognized for their individual strengths and supported according to their unique needs. Twin Oaks is a happy environment!

Twin Oaks Elementary School
2835 Club Drive, Rocklin, CA  95765
Last modified Twin Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twin Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top