Bad
Good

WORST PLACE ON THE PLANET I WOULD RATHER GET HIT BY A TRAIN THAN GO HERE I HATE THIS SCHOOL MORE THAN ANYTHING PLEASE SAVE YOUR KIDS DO NOT LET THEM GO TO THIS PRISON SCHOOL!!!! IT IS HORRIBLE I WOULD NOT WANT ANYONE TO HAVE TO SUFFER AT THIS JAIL. I DONT LIKE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS SCHOOL. PLEASE NEVER GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS SCHOOL IT WILL DEPRESS YOU.

Granite Oaks is a wonderful school with a balance between academics and extra-curricular activities. The students, families, and teachers are awesome. Best school ever!

Awesome school! We came to Rocklin specifically for the schools, and we are very happy we did! Great support and communication with teachers. My daughter is in the 7th grade, and has struggled with her grades, but each year they get a little better, I attribute that to her maturing as well, but she loves her teachers because they care and do such a great job! Thanks.

My son transferred mid-year in 8th grade to Granite Oaks Middle School. Like the other parent, I was impressed with how well they buddied him up with other kids on the first day, he is still friends with these kids. In sports there was some problem with exclusion but that was the coaches fault because winning was more important than teaching them the importance of a team. Lot's of the kids grew up together but he still felt like he knew a lot of people by the end of the year. Only issue I had is with a Math teacher that claimed to want to help but in fact did not. She alone made the year a challenge in other ways. The principal should really look at average grades for a teacher and dig deeper on teaching principals and attitude. Otherwise he was well prepared when he finished to start High School and had no apprehension about what it was going to be like.

I love this school. So much. I just graduated and am going to Rocklin High. I was in Key and then Quest Academy, and both had great teachers (except for a certain awful female math teacher who shall remain nameless but I had to have two years in a row because our eighth grade math teacher was arrested.). I loved how the campus was laid out. I'm really going to miss the school. All of my best friends from there are going to Whitney High. But, back to the school. It's fabulous. Send your kids here. Really.

I to feel compelled to offer an alternate view of the mid-year transfer experience at Granite Oaks. We transferred my son into Granite Oaks mid-year after moving from the east coast. The school arranged to have another student show him around and act as a buddy for the first few days to ensure he didn't get swallowed up in the crowd. It was a great experience. My son is not the type to be in cliques so if this was a problem here, we would have experienced it. Every kid is different so maybe the child of the parent below had a different experience, but....I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of the school.

I am submitting this as a G.O. parent, but in specific reference to the listing below (with two stars) and beating up G.O. over a transfer. For starters, why are property values associated with how your child did or didn't do in middle school? And for your information, we all lost value, but people move here for the schools and safe community. Probably like you did. Second, you can't denigrate a school because your child may not have assimilated well. This is a small community and these kids have all grown up together... either through school or sports, clubs, etc. Cliques exist here like they do everywhere. I think it unfair to blast the school based on a single experience. Tell your counselor that affluent communities have clique challenges. Go to El Dorado Hills... Folsom... Granite Bay or higher end neighborhoods in Roseville. Good luck avoiding them. Finally, if you move a kid mid year, you can expect a period of isolation. That's always tough on kids so quit using the school as your scapegoat. Perhaps moving mid year was the "biggest mistake" you ever made. Look in the mirror... not here.

Please, do not send your child here. I'm in eighth grade and are have a horrible time. The teachers are not understanding and their teaching styles are mediocre at best. The only teacher I like is my math teacher (in quest academy). Please, the cliques are just awful and I'm doing math I learned in sixth grade. The exact. same. math. book. twice. No joke.

Yes, it is me again warning parents not to bring their children to this school mid-year. The student body, I have been told by a professional who has counseled several children over the past years, is exclusionary. In short, the student body is uninviting to transfer students. Moreover, the faculty and the staff do not have in place a system to integrate transfer students. Mind you, I am talking about moving to the district from over 300 miles away. Had we known that this was the modus operandi of the district we would have pursued Roseville Schools. Again, I warn parents seeking to transfer students to this school mid-year it is my belief that any child would suffer both academically and emotionally were they to come to this school. Careful about ratings, however, as the property values of homes are, in part, a function of the school ratings. Property values have been hit very hard in this area. That is why I was very surprised that the school did not have a system to integrate transfer students. I would say in this regard the school is a total failure. I sum it up as thus. I wish I never sent my child to the school-biggest parental mistake I have made.

My daughter attended this school, and she really liked Mr. Beckler's science class. She also like Mr. Champ's social studies class. All I can say is she really learned a lot in both of those classes, but was just struggling a little bit with math.

Last modified Granite Oaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.