Public charter
Rocklin, CA

Posted September 02, 2013
This a great school, with amazing parent support. Teachers are supportive and encouraging. Curriculum is great, they still have art and music programs for the kids, where as many schools don't offer that anymore. it would be nice if we had our own facility instead of sharing a school site, but it never seems to be an issue.

Posted August 25, 2013
Rocklin Academy has been a fabulous elementary school experience for my children. The curriculum is rich and the teachers are enthusiastic about their job and make learning fun. There is also a great sense of community. I have always felt like a partner in my children's academic experience. I feel very fortunate to have my children at this school.

Rocklin Academy 1

Posted June 13, 2013
This was a great school under the leadership of its founder, Dr. Dave Patterson. Since the loss of Dr. Patterson, due to a misguided board, the school is going downhill. It is now run by the principal, Robin Stout, whose motto is "THE TEACHER IS ALWAYS RIGHT." Her disrespect for parents and students alike is astonishing. She supports even the most outrageous behavior of teachers, and universally denies the simplest requests of parents trying to help their children. She is ruining a great school. I had been unaware of her behavior until one of my children became a special needs child. She has done absolutely everything in her power to ensure that this innocent child's needs are NOT met, even to the point of breaking California law and refusing to provide services required by state law.

Posted December 16, 2010
.We can only speak from experience, but our 2 children have excelled beyond our expectations in the past 3 years they have attended Rocklin Academy. The teachers are wonderful! Communication is frequent and informative. The school teaches such a rich curriculum that goes beyond what is taught in the local public schools.... and Rocklin schools are excellent. The teachers teach accountability and responsibility in the classroom; therefore, our kids are recognizing this. My husband and I are extremely happy with our decision to send our children to R.A. They not only enjoy learning from these fabulous teachers but they also have shown daily how important it is(to them) to do well. Love, love this school and praise the teachers for the tough job they have as they are educating our children and our future!

Rocklin Academy

Posted February 26, 2009
I have to agree with the previous posting in response to the Feb. 5, 2009 posting. That person does not know what they are talking about. Rocklin Academy uses a random lottery system and does not choose only the top students. My daughter was lucky enough to get chosen in the lottery and started Kindergarten there. Due to personal decisions, we only had her in pre-school for about 3-months. She had no academic history or any type of testing, so how did Rocklin Academy choose her based on performance? Obviously, they didn t. That person is the reason so many public schools, especially in California, are so bad. Too many people are unwilling to support new and innovative ways to educate our children, and when a school does succeed, they criticize and try to bring the school down. Rocklin Academy is a great school with excellent results. They set high standards and expectations for the students with the belief that every student can and should succeed.

Posted February 25, 2009
This school accepts students via a lottery system. Selection is random, siblings do get preference if an older sibling attends the school. The post on Feb 5, 2009 is not accurate. Do research and get factual information on the Rocklin Academy website or call the school. This school is fantastic. My child was accepted via the lottery and it has been wonderful.

Posted June 22, 2007
This school is outstanding! The required parent involvement and the love for teaching that the teachers and staff have make for a remarkable learning environment for all the children. I can't say enough about the school and it's extraordinary standards!

Posted May 07, 2006
I love this school. My children have attended many types of schools including private, international and regular public schools. This has been the most positive learning environment we have ever had the opportunity to attend. The curriculum is rich and full. Overseas it is commonplace to teach second languages from a young age because it is developmentally appropriate. It is wonderful to see this implemented with Spanish being taught to all students. Music and art are taught with greater depth through the Core Art and Core Music programs adding to the usual Art Docent program seen in traditional public school classrooms. Best of all, the management of the math program to accomodate the different level needs of all the students has made a tremendous difference for so many children, both high achieving and those that struggle with mathmatics. A great community!

Posted September 19, 2005
This is a great school and we feel so lucky to have gained admission (although it's a tuition-free charter school there is a waiting list.) Great teachers deliver a dense, challenging curriculum that keeps the students engaged. There are no bored kids at this school! Although there are not a lot of extracurricular activities, even this is changing as drama, newspaper and other programs are being added.

Posted September 04, 2005
i think this school is great!

Rocklin Academy
6532 Turnstone Way, Rocklin, CA  95765
Last modified Rocklin Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocklin Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top