376 students|Rocklin Unified

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted November 18, 2015
We have been attending Cobblestone for four years and I have to say, we have had wonderful, supportive teachers. Our child had Mrs. Tara Hammond in 3rd grade and 5th grade and she has been great. Our child receives services and I cannot tell you how positive and supportive the staff has been. One teacher has been a huge advocate for our child and this means so much as a parent. The principal is amazing, so involved with the kids. She is equally involved with her staff and an active participant at school events. She is a great leader and we love her. Through volunteering I have the opportunity to witness the camaraderie the staff share and you can see they support each other and are dedicated to their school. Cobblestone may not be the new, fancy school but the heart and soul of the school is where the staff is and how they work together to accomplish their goals. Our child has flourished in this school and we are grateful for the wonderful teachers we have had the pleasure of working with, including Mrs. Tara Hammond. As a parent, she has been professional, receptive towards our needs and has listened to our concerns. Our child and his friends were excited to get her a second time when they reached 5th grade. I have only respect for Mrs. Tara Hammond and all the staff at Cobblestone Elementary School.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
Ms. Linda Jelicich has been working with our child for several years. She has been such a powerful influence on not only our child but to me as a parent. She has put my mind to rest, reassured me, steered me in the right direction, and is such a pleasure to be around. Our son adores her, she knows him better than any other staff member and she is so good at what she does. Ms. Jelicich has indeed made a difference in our son's life! Thank you!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
We have had positive relationships with all our teachers over the years and never had a bad or negative experience. Our children have loved their teachers and they have had positive influences over our kids. The principal included.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I have attended many meetings with their principal and teachers and have heard them repeatedly speaking of teaching compassion, empathy and our children have come home talking about it in class.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 18, 2015
They hold assembly's to educate the children on their value system, it is noted in their handbook and reiterated throughout the school year through memos, reminders, assemblies, school events, etc.

Cobblestone Elementary School 4

Posted April 08, 2015
Cobblestone is a great school with wonderful teachers...for the most part. My best advice is to avoid Tara Hammond at all costs. She is a disorganized disheveled mess with aggressive and disrespectful tendencies. Trust me that's the last thing you want to deal with when your child's education is top priority.

Posted February 20, 2014
The staff at Cobblestone is wonderful! It is a small community school that does wonderfully with the resources it has. There is a lot of parental involvement, which is encouraged and somewhat relied on with today's lack of funding for education. The principal is very involved with the students so they don't just see her when they are in trouble. My daughter is only in first grade but I have gotten to know several teachers, and when speaking with other parents I have yet to hear anything negative about any of the staff.

Posted April 26, 2011
My son started kindergarten at Cobblestone for the 10-11 school year and we have been very happy with the school & the teachers! He is in a special education program to help with his speech delays and he has made phenomenal progress! The teachers are so committed and dedicated and treat each child as an individual. I originally had looked into private school but due to the costs of daycare & private school since i work full-time, we just couldn't afford it. I am definitely happy that we chose to live in Rocklin for our son to go to a better school! We have been beyond pleased with Cobblestone. Keep up the good work! :)

Posted September 28, 2010
My son just started this year for kindergarten and so far we are very happy! He loves all of his teachers and they are all so dedicated to the children and their individual needs!

Posted September 17, 2007
We have three children who attend Cobblestone Elementary.They are in first ,fourth and fifth grade and all started at Cobblestone . Cobblestone is a great learning environment all the way around from the highly skilled teachers who care and a super involved principal who always knows what is going on , awesome parent volunteers including a dedicated PTC equals a wonderful learning experience. What more could you ask for? More money for our schools but that is a nationwide problem . Did I mention a great neighborhood as well.

5740 Cobblestone Drive, Rocklin, CA  95765-4193
Last modified Cobblestone Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.