Rocklin High School 5

Posted October 11, 2012
I've taught at this school for almost twenty years and all of my kids have graduated from Rocklin High School. They loved their teachers, were involved in some wonderful after school activities and are very successful. It saddens me to think that anyone would feel prejudiced against for any reason. I know that this issue exists in every school and we may not be exempt from it but Rocklin High School is an excellent school. From the top down the administration, the teachers and the students are proud to be here!

Posted September 16, 2012
Two words about this school "NO TEXTBOOKS". That's right. They don't have textbooks. Oh wait, they have textbooks, but they don't use them, because the don't follow the curriculum. They got computers. They got a football team, but they ain't got no textbooks. Sheesh

Rocklin High School 4

Posted July 25, 2012
I really liked my first year so far at RHS, but I do see a few problems with it. For one, I am white and am pretty well off, unlike a few people I know. Now I love all sorts of people, I couldn't care less if they were from South Korea or South Africa, you're still going to be my friend, but this is not how some people view it. A lot of people get made fun of due to their race or ethnicity, which is bad of course. Now, there are some foreign friends of mine who don't encounter this, but it's still there and something to consider. Now academic wise? I feel that some of the teachers really just don't care, but there are others that you KNOW really want to be there. The atmosphere in class was just a whole different ballgame when the teacher wanted to be there and wanted kids to succeed. It is those people who make me want to give this school bad marks... if everyone was personable, then this school would get a 4/5. Overall, I rate this school a 3/5.

Posted May 08, 2011
Prospective parents should be aware that school here starts at 7:45 and gets out at 2:40. 7:45 a.m.!!! This is so that students will have more time for after-school activities. So if your student is not involved with "after-school activities", well, they have to get up extra early anyway.

Rocklin High School 1

Posted January 11, 2011
I went to this school for one term and left to Del Oro, where the scars I faced here were healed thankfully. I am Caucasian, but merely because I wore hand-me-down clothes I was not accepted here. The teachers even degraded me with snide remarks and disapproving looks. I might have cried just about every day I went there. I made two friends the entire time, and I don't think more than 5 or 6 people talked to me in the entire school. I even found this attitude towards me in the choir and drama classes I took. I am not a socially inept person, either! I made friends on the first day at my new school. Even the wealthy/"popular" kids there were decent. This school made me feel as if I were nothing. The students were immature, the teachers too, and hostility is all around. If you want to benefit your children, don't send them here. Sorry Rocklin.

Rocklin High School 4

Posted December 29, 2010
I am a senior and have been here all of high school. There's plenty of fun stuff to get involved in and the staff really does care (at least most of them!). I tend to agree with some of the negative reviews concerning putting sports over academics financially. But as a student athlete the teachers and coaches have a strong hold on grades and have grade checks to make sure students stay on top of thier work to be eligible. RHS offers TONS of college help starting right away and offer an amazing amount of honors and AP classes to help college bound kids get ahead. Socially, I do recognize some discrimination due to the fact that Rocklin is a very white middle-class town and therefore it might be hard for minorities to blend in right away- but as a student i see that most kids are very accepting and willing to make friends, and like at any school we mature with age and get along for the most part. All in all, I am excited to be graduating from here and am glad I could attend such a fun and helpful school!

Rocklin High School 5

Posted December 07, 2010
RHS has everything! I love all the programs they offer, and they have a great sports program. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but here.

Rocklin High School 1

Posted November 27, 2010
I agree that this school was a terrible and racist institution. I attended RHS for one year, and I am never going near the city ever again. I am hispanic and I don't dress like any of the students that go there, and during a college program they had, some parent called me a "beaner" and someone told me to stick to picking vegetables in a field. that made me feel out of place. I have noticed that most of the minorities are outcasts of this school and don't have a place in the school. My african-american friend that went here left this school because a teacher made a joke saying that he was a slave... Get your children out of this racist place!! i would give it less than one star

Rocklin High School 2

Posted November 21, 2010
I was actually a student at RHS, and it was a great school academically and athletically. But socially, it was pure hell. I actually came up from a low-income family, and I was an ethnic minority at this school, and I had to face racism every single day (from teachers to various students). So all in all, if you're not White, rich, athletic and/or smart, go find another school. Otherwise, this school is for you. Please don't think that I am racist, I love all people, but this school just gave me four years of hell and pain which I had to overcome by myself.

Posted August 05, 2010
Hey. I was a student here. I thought this school was okay. I've gone to private school my whole life and went here freshman year. The academics were good but socially, I hated it. I barely had any friends because everyone already had their cliques since middle school. I only had a few friends and I was miserable. So now I'm switching schools.

Rocklin High School
5301 Victory Lane, Rocklin, CA  95765
Last modified Rocklin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocklin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top