Rolling Hills Estates, CA

Posted August 19, 2014
Pros: Cleanliness. This is by far the cleanest school we looked at. Both the facility itself, and the kids hands are kept washed, from the minute they enter the school. Curriculum. They have a curriculum built around "discovering" different parts of the world. For example, they study China, which involves stamping their "passports", taking a trip to China, doing activities for Chinese New Year, tasting Chinese food, etc. The menu is also built around what country they are studying Outdoor area. The kids play outdoors for a significant part of each day, and the outdoor area is safe, age appropriate (segregated by age group), and SHADED. Safety. They use a fingerprint-based check in system, and the playground is not visible from the road. Learning. My daughter can count, recognize letters and simple worlds, and talks nonstop at 2. More importantly, she can play with other kids, is polite, and recognizes her emotion. The school is not a strict academic school. They do hands on learning, offering hands on activities instead of sitting and tracing numbers. They do a lot of dress up and flannel stories. Cons: Parking is shared with the mall and can be a hassle during events/festivals.

Posted May 31, 2014
Words cannot express the gratitude we feel towards Discovery World .... Under your leadership, he blossomed. He learned that he can trust others beside his parents. He learned how to have friends and be a friend. He learned how to share his thoughts and ideas. Most of all, he gained a tremendous amount of confidence that will be a great foundation for his success in education and life.

Posted June 23, 2012
I LOVE WORKING AT DISCOVERY WORLD! I have been working here for six years. We have an excellent curriculum - very innovative, fantastic ratios, and a beautiful, super clean facility. It is the perfect environment for little ones to grow and explore and make friends. Come visit us!

Posted September 19, 2011
My now almost 3 y/o daughter and 4 y/o son have been attending DW since they were 10 and 12 weeks old respectively, so my husband and I have gotten the opportunity to know all the staff at DW, and observe the various classrooms as our kids transitioned and moved on through each level. DW is amazing! Each member of the staff truly cares for the kids, and the curriculum for each classroom is very well put together, focusing not only on themes and learning incorporating the various age groups' abilities and social/emotional needs, but also focusing on self-help skills, fine motor skills, sign language, etc. We have toured a lot of preschools, and did a lot of research both before and after putting our children in DW. I can honestly say this school blows away any other school we've visited hands down. Children are the primary focus always and all ways here. Even having started my kids off so early in their program, I have never once felt guilty having them at DW rather than at home as I know that the staff there provide them with the utmost love, care and attention. Visit Discovery World &take a tour yourself, you will be truly amazed at what you find.

Discovery World Early Education Center
550 Deep Valley Drive, Rolling Hills Estates, CA  90274
Last modified Discovery World Early Education Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Discovery World Early Education Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top