K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

I can't say enough great things about this school. The dedicated staff, administration, and the warm and welcoming families made our mid-year transition happy and smooth. I highly recommend this school to anyone interested in a high quality education in a positive and nurturing environment.

Rolling Hills Country Day has been a great experience form day one. We have had our boy there since Kindergarten. He loves it and does not want to come home most of the time. We toured other schools and hands down it was a great fit for our child and us. We have an extended family at the school and feel part of a team with the staff. They are helping us raise our child to be a well rounded, caring, and thinking person. I feel the teaching staff really does care about the children and are top notch in helping them be the top academically. I can't say enough good things about the school and it is one of the best choices my wife an I have made for our child.

Our two children really enjoy going to school everyday. This is very satisfactory and is much sought after from a parental perspective. We've been at Country Day School for nearly 8 years. Our kids had wonderful teachers all along. They are all unique and nurturing. Each one meticulously care to make sure the students learn. Parents do get involved on a voluntary basis for many activities. I love to get to know the kids on campus as well as their parents. This is important because we get to know the environment that our kids are surrounded by. The field trips are wonderful and great learning experiences especially the outdoor education beginning 5th grade into middle school. We watched our kids mature academically and socially which are crucial to their mental and social development. Speaking of academics, they are of excellent caliber whether it's literature, math, art, or science. For example, during a 2nd Grade field trip to Getty Center, the docents who led the gallery tour for the kids had commented on how knowledgeable the kids were on past master painters (e.g. Monet, etc) and their works. Imagine, these are 2nd graders!! The results of standardized tests are excellent. One of the key deciding factors of choosing RHCDS is their emphasis on public speaking. Make no mistake. These kids start early on to speak and recite poetry in front of the entire lower school or entire school throughout the years. The school's philosophy also emphasizes on teaching the students to become exemplary citizens. For a very well rounded education for your child, I highly recommend that you look into RHCDS for kids. This is one of the best investment decisions we have ever made on our children's education. If you are seeking a school, I encourage you to visit their campus and open house events, talk to other parents, and get to know the administration like we did.

RHCDS is a great school. They concentrate on the whole child. The way I've seen that translate in my experience, has been that there is a major focus on studies and character. I have two daughters that have been to RHCDS. One is recently graduated. The other has been there since K and is now in 7th. Our family liked the overall philosophy of the school and bought in straight away. It's all about the kids and helping them evolve into good, intelligent human beings. Public speaking is something that gets special attention early on and continues to progress from Kindergarten through 8th grade. By the time the kids graduate, they are well versed in being up, speaking, in front of large groups. Yes, there is homework. Yes, the tests are challenging. There is also a lot of camaraderie and connections that are made that our families finds invaluable. For example, on any given day, there may be a soccer match being played on the field, and a volleyball game being played on the court. Families, teachers, administration are about rooting on the kids. But you will also find playground staff and cleaning crew rooting as well alongside everyone else. For me, that moment sums up our experience at RHCDS: a genuine sense of caring from the top down. It was one of those decisions that we reflect on and know that we would do it all over again in a second.

My kid just love this school ! He just feel simply happy with his teachers and classmates.

This is the best school in Palos Verdes. The teachers and administration truly care about the school and each individual child. My children went to neighboring public schools and programs kept getting cut due to funding and class sizes kept getting larger. Since coming to RHCDS they are receiving fabulous well-rounded education. I'm so happy my friend told me about this school. Our family couldn't be happier.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers TRULY know the kids and make every effort to help them be successful

Develops character: Strongly agree

Kids are going to make mistakes and RHCDS lovingly helps them to learn from those mistakes to be better a person.

The school ranks very low academically, school administration needs overhaul and change is needed. The leader is not the right person to run the school...pity to see the existing students in the school....there's better schools around the RPV area. Even those not in the school has nothing good to comment about the leadership of the school. Pity those parents who are in the school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teachers are of poor quality and the leader of the school is out of touch with the developments of the world. Time for her to be moved out. A leader too long is not healthy for the school, both academically as well as the morale of the school.

Last modified Rolling Hills Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8