K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My kid just love this school ! He just feel simply happy with his teachers and classmates.

This is the best school in Palos Verdes. The teachers and administration truly care about the school and each individual child. My children went to neighboring public schools and programs kept getting cut due to funding and class sizes kept getting larger. Since coming to RHCDS they are receiving fabulous well-rounded education. I'm so happy my friend told me about this school. Our family couldn't be happier.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers TRULY know the kids and make every effort to help them be successful

Develops character: Strongly agree

Kids are going to make mistakes and RHCDS lovingly helps them to learn from those mistakes to be better a person.

The school ranks very low academically, school administration needs overhaul and change is needed. The leader is not the right person to run the school...pity to see the existing students in the school....there's better schools around the RPV area. Even those not in the school has nothing good to comment about the leadership of the school. Pity those parents who are in the school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teachers are of poor quality and the leader of the school is out of touch with the developments of the world. Time for her to be moved out. A leader too long is not healthy for the school, both academically as well as the morale of the school.

We are very fortunate to send our children to RHCDS. We have been attending this school for almost eight years. After touring the school (prior to starting Kindergarten), I distinctly remember my husband looking and asking him "what do you think?" He looked at me and said "why wouldn't we send our kids to this school?" It was the BEST decision we made! The students are academically challenged, encouraged to be thoughtful, considerate and good people. They are constantly challenging their minds and promoting good core values. At the end of each school year, I keep thinking that it can't get any better and it does! This school truly values their students and wants them all to strive and challenge themselves. My parents would always say "education is the greatest gift you can give a child" and this is constantly being fulfilled at RHCDS.

This has been the best investment for my children. Even though we live in a community with great schools, we decided to give them them more, that is why we chose RHCDS. They continue to amaze my wife and I with their high level of teaching. The faculty is of the highest caliber and they know how to challenge and inspire my children every single day. They really care and work with their families to help achieve positive, respectful and confident children. RHCDS also instills good old fashioned traditional values but also well prepares them for the 21st century. I am confident that both of my kids will be well prepared for their future endeavors.

I cannot say enough good things about Rolling Hills Country Day School. From the PE (volleyball, soccer, basketball, swimming, yoga, badminton, etc.), art, music, Mandarin, Spanish, science lab, computer lab and library to the traditional academics, RHCDS educates the whole child. My child is happy, well adjusted, and enjoys going to school. He likes his teachers, playground staff and his friends. The parents are involved, down to earth and fun to be around. I have had nothing but positive interaction with the administration, staff and teachers. The reason I like RHCDS is my child gets more than a traditional education of reading, writing and math. He is exposed to so much more and I feel that this environment creates a more well rounded person. I feel lucky to provide my child with this education.

It’s a dirty little secret that for your family and child to survive at RHCDS you can’t tick the administration off. People who try to change things (e.g. more partnering between parents and school), who cry foul (e.g. get more visibility into what their donations go to) or yell too loud or whose kids are either too spirited or different for the administration will, at best, be frowned on and at worst blackballed, persecuted, kids singled out, drummed out of school. If your kid goes here, my advice is stay low, accept whatever they tell you to do – regardless of whether you agree – This school is best for sheep. Unless you are one of their favorites – because the administration has families they love and gush over while the rest get ignored. But woe to the favored family that screws up, because the administration will figure out how to make your child’s life miserable.

Last modified Rolling Hills Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8