K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted October 05, 2015
We are very fortunate to send our children to RHCDS. We have been attending this school for almost eight years. After touring the school (prior to starting Kindergarten), I distinctly remember my husband looking and asking him "what do you think?" He looked at me and said "why wouldn't we send our kids to this school?" It was the BEST decision we made! The students are academically challenged, encouraged to be thoughtful, considerate and good people. They are constantly challenging their minds and promoting good core values. At the end of each school year, I keep thinking that it can't get any better and it does! This school truly values their students and wants them all to strive and challenge themselves. My parents would always say "education is the greatest gift you can give a child" and this is constantly being fulfilled at RHCDS.

Rolling Hills Country Day School
Grateful to: School leader

Posted October 05, 2015
The Executive Director has met with my wife and I in her office when we have had concerns about educational issues regarding our children. She always makes time in her busy schedule to meet with parents. I was surprised that she truly knows each student that attends RHCDS. She has brought to our attention, things that we did not realize about our own children and we are very grateful.

Posted October 05, 2015
This has been the best investment for my children. Even though we live in a community with great schools, we decided to give them them more, that is why we chose RHCDS. They continue to amaze my wife and I with their high level of teaching. The faculty is of the highest caliber and they know how to challenge and inspire my children every single day. They really care and work with their families to help achieve positive, respectful and confident children. RHCDS also instills good old fashioned traditional values but also well prepares them for the 21st century. I am confident that both of my kids will be well prepared for their future endeavors.

Posted October 05, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about Rolling Hills Country Day School. From the PE (volleyball, soccer, basketball, swimming, yoga, badminton, etc.), art, music, Mandarin, Spanish, science lab, computer lab and library to the traditional academics, RHCDS educates the whole child. My child is happy, well adjusted, and enjoys going to school. He likes his teachers, playground staff and his friends. The parents are involved, down to earth and fun to be around. I have had nothing but positive interaction with the administration, staff and teachers. The reason I like RHCDS is my child gets more than a traditional education of reading, writing and math. He is exposed to so much more and I feel that this environment creates a more well rounded person. I feel lucky to provide my child with this education.

Rolling Hills Country Day School 1

Posted August 30, 2015
It’s a dirty little secret that for your family and child to survive at RHCDS you can’t tick the administration off. People who try to change things (e.g. more partnering between parents and school), who cry foul (e.g. get more visibility into what their donations go to) or yell too loud or whose kids are either too spirited or different for the administration will, at best, be frowned on and at worst blackballed, persecuted, kids singled out, drummed out of school. If your kid goes here, my advice is stay low, accept whatever they tell you to do – regardless of whether you agree – This school is best for sheep. Unless you are one of their favorites – because the administration has families they love and gush over while the rest get ignored. But woe to the favored family that screws up, because the administration will figure out how to make your child’s life miserable.

Posted October 16, 2014
It's pretty clear that all of the bad reviews are coming from ONE person that had a bad experience. I mean, no art/music programs?!? Did your child even attend Country Day??? My child has art AND music multiple times per week and is learning Mandarin and Spanish in Kindergarten. Name another school in PV that does that! The fact is, there is no other place that your child will be more completely educated from moral character, science, art, music, athletics, and academics than Country Day. If you are fine with your child only learning what some test scores need them to learn then go ahead and make another choice for your child.

Rolling Hills Country Day School 1

Posted October 05, 2014
The school ranks very low academically, school administration needs overhaul and change is needed. The leader is not the right person to run the school...pity to see the existing students in the school....there's better schools around the RPV area. Even those not in the school has nothing good to comment about the leadership of the school. Pity those parents who are in the school.

Posted April 14, 2014
Best school ever! My kids are so lucky to get to go here. They have such warm and nurturing teachers and administration. We are lucky to have found this school.

Posted February 08, 2014
We started after the school year began and loved the school from the first minute! The admissions dir. is the sweetest and most proactive person we came in contact with in our entire school search. She made us feel at home and made sure my kid had some one to play with even before we were accepted into CD. LOVE our teacher. Best thing we have done.

Posted November 13, 2013
RHCDS is an amazing place for children and fosters a love for learning. They obviously have the standard curriculum covered, but also go beyond and offer many other classes that youngsters crave to break up the monotony of daily school work. My child's favorite is computer, but Mandarin is a close second with the recent addition of this program for the lower grades. The teachers truly care about their students and want them to succeed. I love the feeling of community among the parents and the positive vibe on campus. They are definitely doing things right.

Rolling Hills Country Day School
26444 Crenshaw Blvd, Rolling Hills Estates, CA  90274
Last modified Rolling Hills Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Rolling Hills Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 81 reviews. Top