Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Mesa View Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2016
This was my daughter's first year at Mesa View. She is in the 3rd grade. Upon calling the school for information several times, I could never get ahold of anyone. I left 2 voicemails and they were never returned. The front office staff is not friendly or helpful at all. They don't even look up to say hello or ask if you need something. I have never met the principal, but I do feel he is very involved in the school and looking out for the students best interest. My daughter's teacher however is outstanding! She is one of the best teacher's my daughter has had so far. She shows concern for the students and really pushes them to do their best. The school nurse is also very friendly and helpful.

Posted August 12, 2015
The teachers and staff are wonderful, we got a new principal last year and he has made some very positive changes and I look forward to this new year. The number of enrolled students is half than listed because another elementary school opened up last year. Now all students at Mesa live within Heritage Lake.

Posted June 11, 2014
Mesa View is a fantastic school! The principal is wonderful. My first contact with her was when she personally answered the phone during Winter Break (when the school was closed) and helped us sort out our grandson's registration--I was very impressed! I also had contact with her several times during the year to sort out some playground issues. She was helpful, took my concerns seriously, and kept working vigorously until the problem was resolved. Then, there is my grandson's Kindergarten teacher. He is an amazing teacher--I volunteered in the class and watched him first hand. He would have six stations of learning going on simultaneously. He not only taught them the basics but would encourage the students to challenge themselves if they finished early. He used every moment that he had with the students as a teaching moment. My grandson would always come home telling me some interesting little fact (and sometimes very advanced facts) he picked up. He had excellent classroom control, and yet, he was fun, energetic, and obviously cared for his students very much. My grandson loved him! Caring staff, teachers, and a great learning environment--that's Mesa View!

Posted March 19, 2014
This school is going from bad to worst. Every year there's something different, never has budget for anything, overcrowded classes, and the principal is useless. The teachers hide behind "the new standard", for their incompetence and lack of interest. If you want your children to excel don't take them to Mesa View. This will be the last year our 2 kids attend this school. We encourage parents to post a review on this school in hopes that the Romoland School District do something to change it.

Posted March 17, 2014
Not Great!! We only went to this school for 3 months before I pulled my daughter. The staff was very unfriendly and have a lot of attitude. The classes are over sized, 37 in kindergarten and the curriculum mediocre at best. There was a parent "orientation" and the principal could not get the parents or students to quiet down long enough to talk so she started talking while everyone else was talking. We ended up walking out because we could hear or understand a thing! It was a fiasco, the parents have no respect and neither do the students. Very happy we do not attend Mesa View.

Posted July 31, 2013
This is my daughters first year here. It is not a good program. They barely cover science! They don't have language art competitions, student council, math lab, Glee, etc. My daughter is an advanced learner in the 5th grade and she told me she is often called upon to help all the kids in her classroom because her teacher does not explain things well. During the STAR testing my daughter said because of the lack of science taught in class all the students got to the science section of the STAR test and looked up all confused at each other about not knowing most of the material being asked!! Horrible! The safety of the children being released from school is scary!! Due to crazy traffic they are made to walk across campus to the park and are NOT supervised. I was told it is school policy that once recess had been given a child may NOT use the restroom or they get into trouble. Medically that is terrible! How are they supposed to control not being able to use the bathroom!?? Overall the academics of this school are LACKING HUGELY!!

Posted June 05, 2013
Mesa View was my best experience for 5 grade , i had a friendly environment around me , i love that school . My teacher was Mr. Greenberg best teacher ever we was nice, caring, and he even let me borrow money when i forgot my money . i am in 9th grade now but if i could go back to elementary i would go back . Mesa View go mustangs !!!!

Posted October 30, 2012
I am a parent of a fifth grade student and this is our second year at this school. I am concerned about the lack of oversight from the front office and their unfriendly attitude. I have had a few incidents where they do not have any accountability over the kids. First time was when they held all the students in the cafeteria due to rain and all kids where everywhere mixed in with all then parents and all grade levels. The most recent was when I learned that the music teacher does not even know who attends her class. Kids stay after school and they don't even know if the kids show up or not! No accountability! I pay my taxes for the school district here and I expect more out of this school. The front office needs to be courteous and respectful to all parents and know they are their to do a job!

Posted September 21, 2012
I have two children that attend this school, my younger child is in fourth grade and is doing well at this school. I don't agree with him having to use his reward school money to go use the school restroom. He seems to like his teacher a lot and is learning lots of new material quite nicely. My older son is in fifth grade and is having a horrid time. He is special needs and is quite gifted. I found out the gate program is after school which was a disappointment. Just what my child wants to do is more school after a full day of school. He has problems in his class with children ridiculing him because of his speech problems. His teacher calls me when he is allegedly acting up and never offers praise to him when he does something well. The teachers are so overwhelmed with their 34 to 38 student classes that there is very little attention given to children who need a bit of a boost. I'm currently looking for another school so I can pull my older child out so his gifts can be nurtured and encouraged in a non threatening environment. I don't care if I have to find a small private school that's horribly over priced. Leaving my older child's education up to these people would be neglect!

Posted January 20, 2012
On November 9th, 2011 my wife gave birth to our fourth child Riley. Our son Rylee was born with problems that painfully reduced his time in our world. Rylee s struggle ended Christmas night 2011, with his mother and myself by his side. About three weeks after our family s loss, my wife went to a meeting at Mesa View Elementary. My wife met with the Principle and her assistant regarding the recent TRUENCY of our Five year old who attends kindergarten at Mesa View. My wife was informed by the schools officials that our son s absenteeism during recent months would require that he attend School on Saturdays. The schools officials also informed my wife that if our son missed any more school, our next meeting would be with the Romoland school board officials, child protection services and law enforcement personnel . Our Five year old was absent while I and my wife tried to spend time with our son Rylee, who lived in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Loma Linda children s hospital. When my wife inquired about having our son talk to one of the schools counselors, she was informed that no grief counseling could be provided as there was no one at their school to do it .

Mesa View Elementary School
27227 Heritage Lake Drive, Romoland, CA  92585-2628
Last modified Mesa View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.