Rosemead, CA

Garvey (Richard) Intermediate School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
My daughter attends Garvey and has improved in her math skills tremendously her first year there ... her math teacher was a breath of fresh air and knew how to teach in a way my daughter would "get it" as she says. Every teacher she's had is wonderful and I have no complaints. Starting a new year and I expect the same to be true.

Posted July 07, 2013
I'm about to be a freshman and on the day of the ceremony, when i was about to promote I lost my camera and my phone at the dance. None of the teachers tried to help me and the principal was of no help at all. I was helpless and went without my camera with my promotion photos and with no phone. This memory makes me sad everytime I think about it.This memory made both of my garvey years worth nothing. And till this day I still get depressed about this incident.

Posted November 18, 2010
I'm currently a senior in high school, and the teachers I'd had in Garvey have definitely prepared me. Despite graduating a number of years ago, I still remember my teachers very well and the procedures that went on everyday during class. The teachers were fantastic, and I can't think of a single class I regret taking. The incoming freshmen from Garvey, however, have less nice things to say about the school. Though they do not complain about the teachers, the school is getting a very bad reputation in the area. Even teachers from other schools know. There's a saying about the school, that students from Garvey have "done it all." This means what you think it means. I loved this school, but it's changed. Don't send your kid here until the school gets their act together.

Posted September 03, 2009
Garvey is a good school. They provide an excellent transition from elementary to middle school. Most of the teachers are nurturing and excelled in their math and science program.

Posted September 02, 2009
Garvey intermediate is a great school.. but needs a little improvements

Posted April 24, 2009
Garvey is one of the best schools I ever worked in. Everybody, including the students are treated like family. T here are many activities like trips to Catalina, Astrocamp, Knott's berry farm, Math, Science and History day, Mock trial and lots of afterschool clubs.

Posted February 20, 2009
The school has poor academic leadership. Teachers even taught wrong concept and methods to approach a problem. My son got wrong ideas about math and science. Even though the whole class got the same answer, with good grades, but this would not be the case since all of them got the same wrong concept.

Garvey (Richard) Intermediate School 5

Posted January 14, 2009
I am attending Garvey and I belive that it is safe and googd school

Posted January 01, 2009
As a student of the class of 2005, I must say beforehand that I do not know how much has changed. I do know that teacher involvement is great, if you are a good student. The teachers that teach honor classes are excellent and engaging if the needed effort is used. Parents might think teachers do not engage or students may think the teachers are not good, but overall, it is the student themselves that see how it is. If the student is willing to have a good relationship and steer clear of trouble, it is simple to do well, if not, then you see the bad side of the school. It is true, there are fights and graffiti, but remember, it is not just because of the school, the neighborhood is part of the environment as well. Personally, I had an excellent time at Garvey.

Posted July 28, 2008
I am a former student of Garvey, after my 7th grade year I decided to go to a different school. Garvey has very poor academic leadership. The teachers are careless and don't seem to care much for their students. The students are just as worse. It's very easy to fall behind in this school regardless of how well you've done in your elementary school. At Garvey, I witnessed many fights, drug use, and trash cans set on fire in the bathroom. The campus is very dirty and trashed with graffiti. In conclusion, I would not recommend this school to any student or parent. on fire

2720 North Jackson Avenue, Rosemead, CA  91770
Last modified Garvey (Richard) Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garvey (Richard) Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top