K-8|Private

Bad
Good

My child attended the Kindergarten program at Granite Bay Montessori last year. She had an excellent experience with Ms. Kenzie and Ms. Gail. The mix of TK / K students created a wonderful classroom dynamic. She loved going to school everyday and really excelled in all aspects of the curriculum. We are so excited about 1st grade in the Fall!

We have been at the school for 5 years. The individual curriculum is wonderful. All the teachers have a college degree. The staff is great. The lose of the founder has caused a big hole and they are working to keep her dream alive.

I had two children who attended Granite Bay Montessori. The school is absolutely fantastic and my children excelled. One of my children was shy and the small classroom size provided the perfect environment for her to find her strengths!

I've really appreciated the low student:teacher ratio. When my third grade daughter is ready to learn something new, she is able to pursue it, she doesn't have to wait for the rest of the class. Her teachers really know how she learns and allow her to grow and learn at her pace. How refreshing!

What an incredible community of dedicated families and teachers. We are blessed to be a part of this school.

I can't say enough about how much our chidlren are learning at this school. Because every child is assigned work at his/her level, students are able to progress at their own paces and actually compete with one another to get ahead. When I told them that in most schools, all students in a particular grade do the same work, regardless of their levels, they couldn't understand why. The Montessori method has it right!

The preschool and kindergarten are terrific (because of great teachers at these levels, but after that the school really falls off. It is run primarily by one moderately dysfunctional family. There is a lack of leadership/direction/vision at the higher levels. Elementary grades have a very old, canned curriculum. There is very poor communication with parents. Students can do well if they are self-motivated, but teaching is lacking.

I've always been a huge proponent of the Montessori method, but found very few other parents had an inkling of the philosophy, at GBM. Whereas I found Children's house to be a great environment for my child, I found that many parents used GBM more for extended daycare than for it's approach to teaching. In addition the administration is ineffective, can you say NEPOTISM? Parental concerns rank far behind maintaining job security for unqualified family members.

My daughter attends preschool at Granite Bay Montessori's Children's House. She loves it and I love it. I have been a public school elementary teacher for 19 years and have been impressed and pleased with the program's teachers, curriculum, and environment. The Montessori methods and materials really allow the caring, skilled teachers to meet each child's individual academic needs and build on them. My child has developed independence both socially and academically in a well structured, happy environment. It has been a wonderful start to her schooling and she will attend kindergarten there next year.

We are very please with the curriculum and classroom structure. Childrens House teaches the children about classical music and composers, artists, continent s and its animals and culture. Each day they have lessons of counting, beginning math skills, spelling and letter sounds as well as differences in objects. They are taught practical life skills and to be respectful of one another and their environment, whether it is the classroom, playground or home. Our child is challenged to progress and advance in addition to being given encouragement and support on a daily basis to excel and explore. If she experiences any learning challenges, it is immediately recognized and discussed with us to determine how best to help her past that hurdle. The school promotes an open line of communication with teachers and office staff that is greatly appreciated. I would highly recommend Granite Bay Montessori to any parent.

Last modified Granite Bay Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8