Bad
Good

Silverado is a great school,but the students there are pretty mean. The teachers just talk to the students who get in trouble and a point deduction. If your going to make friends in this school, be friends with the people who have common interests. This school is great but most of the students are pretty mean.

I spoke with other parents about this school to see how they feel. I was told about bullying, no music programs, nothing special for the kids ie: enrichment programs. Some kids came from a loving school that encouraged the children to learn using positive words and pleasant environment. Other have described the children's environment as if they are doing time in prison...just numbers with faces waiting to get out or to get in trouble. I have read several reviews on this school that echo my sentiments. It's all about image. They don't care about knocking the students' self esteem into the ground as long as they don't have to deal with a problem head on. I am very disappointed with the mindset of the office staff. Sensitivity training is needed all the way up to the principal.

I think Silverado Middle School is not a very good school because it is not a good environment for my children to be around. I have had many problem from that school and don't consider it a high quality school for the satisfactory from my husband and that I know my children have good education with healthy surroundings. I would not reacommidate this school because of the inappropriate language, students, staff, and more so on s I could go for there.

The teaching staff is great for the most part. They are helpful and involved with student development. The administration is a whole other story. I have read several reviews on this school that echo my sentiments. It's all about image. They don't care about knocking the students' self esteem into the ground as long as they don't have to deal with a problem head on. I am very disappointed with the mindset of the office staff. Sensitivity training is apparently not part of new hire orientation. Sad....

Most of the teachers are nice but the princiable and staff are not. My Son went to that school the begining of this year. All because he moved one block away from his old school Cooley and they made him tranfer to another school. Silverado does not care about the kids are the learning just the image of there school. I have my son in homeschool now and hopefully can get him back to his old school next year. If you are looking to go to silverado I would think twice.

My daughter Jessica just graduated from Silverado and will be attending Woodcreek this fall. She enjoyed her 3 years there very much. I thought that the teachers as well as the administration did a really good job. We were told horror stories about certain teachers and staff and never experienced any of them. I think you need to go there with an open mind. I believe you and your child will get out of it what you are willing to put in to it. Thanks, from a happy student and parent

I'm might be going to Silverado, I can't wait! I'm going into sixth grade. My names Kyra, and I'm excited for middle school!

The school district is awesome, but this particular school it terrible. The administration is strictly concerned with the image of the school, and could care less about the well being of the students. They are inconsistent and selective at enforcing their rules and policies. My wife worked as a campus supervisor and quit because she could no longer handle the way she was told to discipline the students. If a child was a constant trouble maker, they got away with it because the staff did not want to deal with complex problem children. However, when a good child made a bad decision and broke one of the rules that child was punished very harshly. Both of my kids went to Heritage Oak elementary and it is a great school. My daughter is now in Woodcreek High School and loves it, but her time at Silverado was a complete waste. My son is finishing up his last year at Silverado and will be going to Woodcreek High School next year. Thank God! Silverado Middle School is nothing but a waste of three years of your child's life. My advise is to either home school them for those three years or transfer to another school. Trust me, Silverado Middle School is terrible!!!

Very clean and new school, but the leadership is AWFUL! This is probably the strictest school in the district. It's great that they protect children from being bullied, but they forget the spirit of the rules and kids get in trouble for the stupidest things. One kid got in trouble for throwing his backpack in the air and it got stuck in a tree! If two friends wrestle or punch each other playfully, they will get detention. It is truly a zero tolerance school taken to the extreme. Beware!

i am going into 7th grade and even though i have only been there for 1 year i love this school. i love being able to meet new people from different schools and that the teachers treat you with more respect and responsibility

Last modified Silverado Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.