546 students|Eureka Union

Bad
Good

Posted December 05, 2012
Excellent school district, dedicated teachers, the last of the schools holding on to enrichment programs. Fourth through six grade are huge transitional years, and Excelsior has been a rich environment for our children to grow and learn. There are always teachers with different teacher styles, but if parents buckle up and work as a team, it WORKS!

Posted November 06, 2011
This is my child's first year at Excelsior and it is nothing short of amazing in how well she is doing. Her teachers are involved and care about setting the right educational goals for her. Because of that, she is flourishing in the fantastic learning environment found in this school. Also, she found it easy to make friends and to adjust to the changes that come from going to a new school. We are very pleased with our decision to move to this area. It was definitely the right move for our child. Although I can see why some parents have concerns about the principle. She is not always "approachable". Or rather, doesn't always seem to be.

Posted August 18, 2011
The curriculum is great and my child is doing well academically! But I agree with the parent below me, if you get a great teacher then your child will do well. Unfortunately if you get a lazy teacher (great thing that there are only a few lazy ones) then your child will suffer. Don't even think about going to the principal for help, whether it is about a teacher or bullies. She will stand behind her teachers even if they are completely wrong and when talking to her about bullies she will tell you 'thats what children do at this age' or 'what am i supposed to do about it?'. My advice is stand behind your child. Listen to what he/she says and bother the principal until she will actually listen to you and your child. Be the thorn in the side of lazy teachers because that is what they need to get motivated. You are your childs parent and you are supposed to protect them when no one else will. Please don't let the rude office staff, uncaring Principal or a few lazy teachers stop your child from having a great school experience. This school will continue to go downhill until they replace the unmotivated teachers and actually start taking bullying in all forms seriously!

Excelsior Elementary School 3

Posted May 31, 2011
If you get a good teacher you will have a wonderful experience. If you get one of the other teachers...... you are out of luck. Prepare to pay for a tutor and a shrink! It is a shame that our Education System does not have the power to get rid of low performing or lazy teachers.

Posted March 10, 2011
We took my, then 4th grade now 5th grade, son out of this school when we moved away last year and he missed it terribly. I thought the move would be good for him and the school he would be attending was a good one. Well the grass is always greener on the other side and we never realized how amazing excelsior really is until we left it. We're moving back just for this school. The teachers are great and always make time for parents. They're definitely out for the children's best interest. There is a lot of parent involvement here. I've seen a lot of negative posts about the principal and I don't really agree with them. She and I did have a misunderstanding at one point but when my husband went to pick up my son she went outside and talked with him about it and apologized that there was a misunderstanding. We were able to get the matter solved that day. The kids love her and she's very approachable. The office staff is nice but they definitely have their not-so-friendly moments. I highly recommend this school.

Excelsior Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2010
The parents at this school are HORRIBLE. One parent actually threw an EGG at the crossing guard. Nothing was done. The parents are snobby, and our experience with the teacher wasn't that great either. We are not coming back next year.

Posted May 21, 2009
the teachers here are pretty good. THe principal leaves something to be desired, and the office staff has been snotty. I have enjoyed the environmnet at GBHS much more!!

Posted February 25, 2008
This is not my favorite school. The principle is not very involved and takes no action about peer relationships, cussing, or general well-beings of students. All principles of the Eureka School district are obviously trained to tell parents if any problem arise, that this is just how it is, and if you don't like it-move!

Posted January 08, 2008
I've been to this school and it was great!

Posted August 16, 2005
Excellent school with high levels of parent involvement. Not much in the way of a gifted/talented program, but nationally competitive Destination Imagination teams.

2701 Eureka Road, Roseville, CA  95661-6447
Last modified Excelsior Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.