Posted May 16, 2014
This is a great school with a lot of good staff. The principal is very understanding and really takes time to get to know the families and help kids that need a little extra attention.

Coyote Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted January 02, 2014
My kids have only had the best teachers here. The new principal is great. The only complaint that I have is if your child is advanced in one subject, there isn't really an opportunity for him/her to advance at his/her own pace (unless they are in gate). There is a lot of parent involvement at the school and the PTA tries really hard to do cool things.

Posted September 20, 2013
Coyote Ridge Elementary has a loving, caring staff that are very approachable and protective of their students. The staff ...Office, Teacher's, Principal, and Supervisor's seem to be taught the same techniques, as I have been in K -5th grades all the teachers use a positive, cute and effective way off communication with the children. I love it! I have been to several schools and so have my children, they were not as good as Coyote Ridge. Coyote Ridge uses a Loving, Positive and Logical way to teach children. I feel blessed to have my Grand children at Coyote Ridge.

Posted September 15, 2013
My daughter loved kindergarten. She had one of the best teachers in Mrs Moore. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Coyote Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
This school is big, but has great teachers and staff who care about the students. There are a handful of parents who are involved and make many special events happen for the kids.

Posted August 02, 2013
My daughter has been in the school for two years and so far her teachers have been great. The principal is also approachable and so is the office staff.

Posted June 08, 2013
While the school is above average for the state, it's below average for West Roseville. My son attended this school for fifth grade and the teacher he had was awful. She communicated terribly, to both parents and students. She was unhelpful in regards to homework, test questions, or anything else we had questions about. She was, as others have observed, aloof and uncaring. That aside, the quality of students (and parents) pales in comparison to Quail Glenn. It's evident that this school serves the nearby large low-income apartment complex. One of the big pluses, okay the only plus, is that the parent involvement with the school is high. There are class parents, parents assisting with field trips, parents leading "walk to school" days, etc.

Posted August 05, 2012
I was transferred here in fifth grade and let me tell you, it was the worst school year of my life. I was so glad to finally get out. Almost all the kids were rude and self-centered, its hard to find real friends. It's hard to fit in when everyone is going around thinking they are the best. As for the school itself, it seemed that they only cared about their image and not the students. Most teachers, supervisors, and the principal were kind of faking their way through the year and not caring to really connect with the students. Also, their rules are really strict, esp. At recess. I remember that I bought this X-large pencil at the bookfair during lunch, and as I was racing to catch up with the lunch line, a supervisor yelled NO RUNNING WITH A PENCIL. Even though there was no one nearby as I ran, and it was doubtful I would hurt myself. This school wants good, obedient students that will become another brick in the wall of society. Rarely allows creativity, or freedom. The only part I really enjoyed was the art projects, which was done by volunteered parents and not the school itself. Then again, perhaps it was just my bad timing of transferring to the school...

Posted October 13, 2010
Overall, I am disappointed with Coyote Ridge. Most of the teachers here are good. BUT, there is one second grade teacher who is very cold, tends to humiliate students, and is unapproachable. The community of parents is GREAT. However, the school chooses AWFUL standardized curriculum, refuses to deviate from it, does not re-teach subjects that entire classes are not getting, and concentrates on STAR testing far too much. Teaching to the test does NOT HELP STUDENTS. The kindergarten teachers are all fantastic, but there needs to be something done about the curriculum, reading programs, and really most academics-related things about this school. I must point out though, the teacher's hands are bound, perhaps the curriculum change needs to happen at the district level. The office staff at Coyote Ridge are snooty, rude and make you feel like you are bothering them with anything.

Coyote Ridge Elementary School 0

Posted October 11, 2009
It has been an amazing school for my daughter so far. The teachers are great and keep you informed avery step of the way..

Coyote Ridge Elementary School
1751 Morning Star Drive, Roseville, CA  95747
Last modified Coyote Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coyote Ridge Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews.