Posted June 19, 2014
This school is awesome!! I read reviews and was a little concerned but everyone from the wonderful office staff including the principal we great. Always friendly and very helpful. I think people that complain simply just don't get what they want and become negative. My kids loved their teachers and we as a family couldn't be happier. Way to go TJ staff!

Posted April 25, 2014
There is one good thing about this school, and that is the SDC teacher. She is FANTASTIC!! I can not say enough positive about her and her staff! Sadly, that is where the positives stop. The principal is a total joke, and not to mention completely unprofessional. One of the 4th grade teachers, very sweet person, but has no business teaching at all. The kids are not held accountable for their behavior or their actions. At one point the teacher said in front of my child that homework is not even checked or graded at all, so the teacher would never even know if its done or not! Seriously?! Thanks for insuring that my kid will not feel the need to complete homework for the rest of the year! As far of the office staff goes: One lady is very sweet, and the other is about as professional as the principal. A few times my kids have gone to the office with a stomach ache, of course I get a phone call, I ask if they have a fever and the response I get from the not nice one is "I don't know, they said their stomach hurts, I don't want to get close to their mouth and have them throw up on me!" What a joke! The district should be ashamed of a majority of the staff at this school.

Posted April 11, 2014
I have two boys at this school and I have seen many good things going on here. They are pushing technology, increasing after school programs, and supporting teachers with anything that is needed. My boys love going to school and they love learning. The common core instruction has been difficult, but it seems like teachers are working hard to implement the new style of teaching. Students at this school are always looked after and good behavior is held to high expectations.

Posted August 06, 2013
Awesome office secretaries, teachers and janitors!! We have been here almost 3 years and they are always helpful and friendly. Teachers really love the kids and the janitors keep the school nice and pretty. Love this place!

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted May 03, 2013
The office staff at this school is appalling. I have never met such rude and unhelpful secretaries and I do not understand how this behaviour is allowed to continue. The teaching staff are wonderful but the principal is invisible; at times I am left wondering is there a principal at all.

Posted October 12, 2012
We're new to the area and my two children started TJ this year as new students. So far, I have seen nothing but stellar systems in place for academics, routines and ensuring children safety. While I'm sorry to read of others issues with the office secretaries, I personally have never had any problems with them. But then again, I'm not easily offended. As far as cliques at the school, I don't really stick around to chat. To me, that's unimportant and irrelevant. What's more important are test scores and statistics here, not whether or not the office secy's are rude and parents are in cliques. The drop off and pick up areas are fine, they work well. The teachers do a fabulous job communicating with parents via email, red folders to parents and have excellent follow up. My children appear to be thriving and doing great there so far this year. I would not get too caught up in petty reviews such as some that are left here. TJ scores are very high! The only thing I am a little disappointed in is there seems to be no artistic supplemental teaching, no art classes or the like. I am one who advocates art very much. Other than that... no complaints only praises!

Posted August 10, 2012
The Secretaries in the front office are inconsiderate. One secretary, in particular, is absolutely rude and obnoxious. She has no respect for others and makes up her own rules. She states that The School District has NO authority over them and they decide what is best for them and not the District. Unfortunately, the principal goes along with the front office and ignores dealing with children s/parents issues. The Thomas Jefferson disregards the District s guidelines (at least on accommodating kids from their own neighborhood) and things are based on relationships and connections. Unfortunately, the District does not make any changes.

Posted December 19, 2009
This school has one of the best kindergarten program in the entire area.

Posted October 14, 2009
Front office staff is rude and not polite whatsover. Its so ridiculous to see the parents in clicks like its high school and they do cause drama amongst themselves. Very disappointed in the principal on handling the busy parking lots and not accepting of new students/parents entering into this school!!

Posted August 18, 2009
My son entered the school half way through the year. He came from a very bad school experience to a wonderful school experience. Mrs. Balao brought back the child that loved learning and wanted to do well at school. He felt that he could trust her and he felt that she cared about him. She listen to our suggestions on what works to get him motivated and applied them. He had an excellent school year. His reading levels increase 2.5 grade levels and his competitive nature motivates him to increase his levels even more. He cannot wait for the school year to start and is very excited about being a 3rd grader. We are excited to get to work and working with the teacher to make his school experience productive and successful.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School
750 Central Park Drive, Roseville, CA  95678
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top